SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : MUST HEAR: 4 Audio Teachings On the Life of Smith Wigglesworth!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 MUST HEAR: 4 Audio Teachings On the Life of Smith Wigglesworth!

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/revival/featuredresources6.gif[/img]

Saints,

These are 4 powerful teachings on principles of revival through the live of Smith Wigglesworth. How much we can learn from such a precious brother in the faith. Pastor George Stormont gave David Alsobrook of Sure Word Ministries permission to duplicate these sermons shortly before he passed on in 1995, stipulating that any proceeds were to go to their foreign outreach. If these messages are an encouragement to you please consider a donation to David's ministry at http://www.surewordministries.com

[i](to download these right click on the titles and choose "save target as")[/i]

[b]Smith Wigglesworth - The Man by George Stormont[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=18812

[b]Smith Wigglesworth - Man Of One Book by George Stormont[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=18813

[b]Smith Wigglesworth - Life In The Spirit by George Stormont[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=18814

[b]Smith Wigglesworth - Miraculous Healing by George Stormont [/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=18815

2009/7/1 15:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: MUST HEAR: 4 Audio Teachings On the Life of Smith Wigglesworth!

I listened to the first teaching and was very blessed. Oh to have simple faith in the word of God and to trust the working of the Holy Spirit in our lifes.

2009/7/1 18:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Has anyone listened to any of these?

2009/7/1 20:47Profile
Anastasis

Re:

I'm listening to the second one right now, and I'm [i]tremendously[/i] blessed by it!

Partially because I've been realizing that God does indeed want to do great things like in the book of Acts, but I look at all the stunts and gimmicks today, and I'm frankly stunned; teachers with unverifiable, dubious miracles with strange or otherwise outright heretical teachings and rather questionable personal character, and hardly a word about sin even in my own (charismatic) church. For a while I was very skeptical about Mr. Wigglesworth because they all appeal to him somehow and make a god out of him because he could do all these miracles, had such great faith and did all these crazy things without any education..

I listen to this though, and I read through a few of his sermons, and I'm amazed. A preacher of righteousness, a soul winner, a man of one book, grew into his faith like the rest of us have to, had his flaws, didn't start out super-spiritual... he sounds human! And just the fact that he was the kind who would press God hard to make him righteous and holy, and I notice that this is the very first subject that the biographer tags on in these. Second, his devotion to knowing AND believing the word of God (not just believing, as is propogated by many evangelists today).

I could go on, but I will just say this was a cure to my skepticism :) So many questions being answered, and I will keep listening and reading. Thank you for posting these!

2009/7/3 22:22Profile
HeartSong

Re:

This is a most excellent series. It has been very encouraging and does much to discredit the nay sayers. Our Lord loves showing forth His power. All He requires is a heart that truly believes.

Oh Lord, help Thou mine unbelief.

2009/7/3 22:31Profile
notmyown

Re:

Wigglesworth was one of my main inspirations to get back on track a few years ago. It was so refreshing to hear how his straight forward approach and direct mannerisms were used by God in such a mighty way. Made me realise that the things we read in the book of Acts are still available to us today through the Holy Spirit.

Have downloaded these and will listen to them asap.

2009/7/4 4:56Profile
JoanM

July 4th, 2009 has recently concluded here on the US Pacific Coast, filed with the freedom of dependence on Him alone. I am thanking and praising God for the part these four messages had in my celebration of the day.

Among many, many, other things these messages help correct the damage done to the Body by many in these days claiming to follow in this man's footsteps. There is even encouragement in how to minister to such.

In gratitude for your posting of these Greg, I offer a transcription of the poem (FWH Meyers, [i]St. Paul[/i]) quoted on tape #4 at minute 39:08. Two places were hard to distinguish.

[b]"Oft when the Word is on me to deliver,
Lifts the illusion and the Truth lies there.
Desert or throng, the city or the river
Knelt in a [u],,,?,,,[/u] set paradise of air.
Only thy souls I see the folk there under,
Bound who should conquer,
Slaves who should be kings,
Feeding their one hope with an empty wonder,
Sadly contented with the surer things.

Then would or'rush [Then with a rush] the intolerable craving,
Shivers throughout me like a trumpet call.
Oh to save these, to perish for their saving,
Die for their life, be offered for them all.[/b]"

What fellowship of his suffering, for the joy set before .... Who would not eagerly hear the Word from one who knew/experienced this as they came to preach. What's more, "Feeding their one hope with an empty wonder" AND "Sadly contented with the surer things", also (?) seem to capture two different/major difficulties in the Body today.

The scripture references are precious but then it was Wigglesworth who said, “[b]I am not moved by what I see, I am not moved by what I hear. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved by the Word of God.[/b]”

2009/7/5 5:00Profile
Know-Him

Re:

Thank you for posting these four wonderful sermons. The gracious manner in which the Pastor spoke and the way that he presented his friend, Wigglesworth, was such a blessing. What a picture of a man given over to God, and what a challenge. Thank you.

2009/7/10 16:36Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Thank you Greg for posting these teachings. I am looking forward to listening to them. One of my favorite books by Brother Wigglesworth is "Ever Increasing Faith".

Mike

2009/7/10 18:26Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I listened to the first teaching last night. The thing that really sticks with me was the concecration that this man of God walked in. He gave himself fully to the Lord, and he completely took the limits off of God, and simply believed that what God said was the ultimate authority.

Smith Wigglesworth walked in the anointing and authority of the Holy Spirit. This same authority and power is available to every believer that will give themselves wholly to God, die to self, and allow Jesus Christ to be Lord of all.

Mike

2009/7/11 7:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy