SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Holy Ark Announcement Due On Friday

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Holy Ark Announcement Due On Friday

Holy Ark Announcement Due on Friday

by Hillel Fendel

(IsraelNN.com) Ethiopian church leader says Friday, June 26, marks the right time to unveil the Biblical Ark of the Covenant, which he says has been hidden in his church for centuries.

Abuna Pauolos, Patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, was in Rome this week to meet with Pope Benedict XVI. While there, he told reporters that the time had come to reveal before the world the Holy Ark. He said that the holy container has been in the custody of his church for hundreds of years.

[url=http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132067]source[/url]

2009/6/25 15:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Holy Ark Announcement Due On Friday

This is quite big news brothers and sisters. So many big deceptive things are happening at once. The Lord Jesus Christ is coming back for His Church.

2009/6/25 21:59Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

What of the hundreds of legitimate archeological finds that already support the bible? Either way, massess of people will continue in sin. Items like this appeal to fleshly intellect and "proofs" rather than the conscience, and therefore will never convert, unless the Holy Spirit works.

2009/6/25 22:04Profile

Re:

"For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, [b]but unto all them also that love his appearing.[/b]" 2 Tim. 4:6-8

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
This is quite big news brothers and sisters. So many big deceptive things are happening at once. The Lord Jesus Christ is coming back for His Church.

He is indeed coming back! And He will fulfill the promises that yet remain. May we be among those who love His appearing. And may we be zealous in giving all we have for Jesus Christ during the short days that remain.

[b]Jesus Christ is worthy![/b]

2009/6/25 22:15
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I have a question about the existence of the Ark of the Covenant.

How does this square with Revelation 11:19? Some have suggested that based on this scripture, God took it to heaven.

How would you understand this?

ginnyrose

2009/6/25 22:29Profile
shadyg

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
I have a question about the existence of the Ark of the Covenant.

How does this square with Revelation 11:19? Some have suggested that based on this scripture, God took it to heaven.

How would you understand this?

ginnyrose

It is my understanding based upon the book of Hebrews that the ark was only a copy of the ark that's in heaven.

I saw an article regarding Ark on Worldnet Daily. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

2009/6/26 0:05Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Gary Stearman talks about it.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w5otiURFzM]Link[/url]

2009/6/26 2:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
It is my understanding based upon the book of Hebrews that the ark was only a copy of the ark that's in heaven.

Would you mind sharing that reference? I looked for it but could not find it.

I know this entire system of sacrifices was a shadow of things to come, to assist people in understanding the seriousness of sin and what it takes to cleanse a person from it, but that the ARK of the Covenant was a copy of the one in heaven, I could not find. May not have used the correct word in my search.

Thanks!
ginnyrose

2009/6/26 8:29Profile
shadyg

Re:

in hebrews 8:5 it speaks of the scantuary being only a copy and a shadow of what it is in heaven. And in Hebrews 9:22-24 it speaks of Jesus entering the heavenly temple to make sacrifice instead of a copy.
I understand it like this: If the earthly temple was but a copy of the heavenly temple then the things inside the temple are but copies also.
So basicly Jesus being our high priest went into THE TEMPLE, and Sprinkled HIS BLOOD (Himself being the sacrifice) upon THE ALTAR, ONCE for ALL.

Basically all of chapters 7-9 explain this.
I hope this helps and doesn't add to the confusion.

2009/6/26 12:16Profile
shadyg

Re:

ginnyrose,

I'd give you notes from a sermon i preached on it but my computer crashed and I lost all of them.

This sermon by David Wilkerson called "The Precious Blood of Jesus" opened my eyes to this thought process. Here a link to the message. http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/1990s/ts960415.html

Here is a quote from David Wilkerson's message:

"Beloved, we too have a high priest -- Jesus, our Lord. And He is our High Priest not just once a year, but for all time -- to the end of the world! Jesus took His own blood to the true mercy seat -- into God's presence, the Holy of Holies -- and presented it for the remission of all sins, of all believers, of all time. It was a final sprinkling!

Scriptures says of this act:

"Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us" (Hebrews 9:12).

"How much more shall the blood of Christ...purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" (verse 14).

"...now to appear in the presence of God for us" (Hebrews 9:24)."

Jesus took His own blood into heaven for us! And it isn't reserved there simply as a memorial. It is to be sprinkled on all who come to Him by faith!

2009/6/26 12:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy