altogether Wonderful,
altogether Worthy !!

2009/7/27 13:52Profile

Re:

Jesus Christ is [b]OMNISCIENT[/b]

"His person, particularly his omniscience:
[i]Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight, v. 13. [/i]

This is agreeable to what Christ speaks of himself:
[i]All the churches shall know that I am he that searches the reins and hearts, Rev. ii. 23.[/i]
[b]None of the creatures can be concealed from Christ;[/b] none of the creatures of God, for Christ is the Creator of them all; and there are none of the motions and workings of our heads and hearts (which may be called creatures of our own) but what are open and manifest to him with whom we have to do as the object of our worship, and the high priest of our profession.

He, by his omniscience, cuts up the sacrifice we bring to him, that it may be presented to the Father. Now as the high priest inspected the sacrificed beasts, cut them up to the back-bone to see whether they were sound at heart, so all things are thus dissected, and lie open to the piercing eye of our great high priest.

And he who now tries our sacrifices will at length, as Judge, try our state. We shall have to do with him as one who will determine our everlasting state. Some read the words, to whom with us there is an account or reckoning. Christ has an exact account of us all. He has accounted for all who believe on him; and he will account with all: our accounts are before him.

This omniscience of Christ, and the account we owe of ourselves to him, should engage us to persevere in faith and obedience till he has perfected all our affairs."

[i]~Matthew Henry, Bible Commentary on Hebrews 4[/i]

2009/7/28 16:08

Re:

For some wonderful articles that magnify and adore our Savior Jesus Christ check out [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=30072&forum=35]this issue of the Herald of His Coming.[/url]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Christ Is All, And In All"
(Colossians 3:11)

"Unto You . . . Which Believe He Is Precious" (1 Peter 2:7)

"Let Us Go Forth . . . Unto Him" (Hebrews 13:13)

More and more, I am made to feel that Christ does not have His proper place among the children of God. He is not the object. It is either a doctrine, a dogma, a party, or our experience – something besides Christ.

We seem possessed with very much the same spirit that actuated Peter on the mount, when he said: "Let us make here three tabernacles."

The Father solemnly rebukes this, "While He yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, ‘This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him.’ And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them, and said, ‘Arise, and be not afraid.’ And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only" (Matt. 17:4-8).

"God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Phil. 2:9-11).

"Christ is all" (Col. 3:11). Do we make Him this? Is it a question of my salvation? "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..." (Acts 16:31). Is it a question of relationship with God? "Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus" (Gal. 3:26). Is it a question of experience? "For to me to live is Christ..." (Phil. 1:21). Is it a question of service? "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Phil. 4:13). Is it a question of my path? "I am the way..." (John 14:6). Is it a question of heaven or the place to which my path leads? He would define it as "where I am" (John 14:3).

[b]Christ Alone[/b]

Oh, let us know more of that rich blessedness which comes of making Christ all, of seeing "Jesus only." Our cry should be – "Oh, to know Him!" (Phil. 3:10).

In our selfishness we cry and beg for blessings. It is the Blesser we need, Himself!

He is the joy of the Father’s heart. Let us taste with Him the delight He takes in His Son. Christ is infinitely higher than doctrine or experience. Experience we shall have, but only with Him can our hearts be ravished and raptured.

Why is it we are not changed more from "glory to glory"? (2 Cor. 3:18). The veil has been rent; the blood has been sprinkled; the Holy Spirit has been given. The reason is – we are occupied with ourselves and the work of the Spirit in us; rather than with Christ alone. This is the weakness in some "movements" – so much of which is superficial.

Let us look more in that unveiled face, from which streams the light of the knowledge of the glory of God. (See 2 Corinthians, chapters 3 and 4). All else will pale – and fade – if we will but linger there.

Let me say here – the Spirit never occupies me with His work in me, or with my experience. And if I am thus occupied, I am experimentally out of the Spirit. The Lord said of the Spirit, "He shall not speak of Himself. He shall glorify Me" (John 16:13-14).

To go further, the work of Christ, wonderfully blessed as it is, can never be the object of my heart. It gives my conscience peace, sweet peace, but only His Person can satisfy my heart. And Oh, how His Person does! Ten thousand hallelujahs to Him!

The Father directs our attention to Him (Matt. 17:5). The Holy Ghost would occupy us with Him (Acts 7:55-56).

The Word of God testifies of Him (John 5:39). He is the object of faith; He is the object of love; He is the object of hope; and the faith, or love, or hope, that does not make Him the object – is spurious and unreal.

He is all for my path; He is all for my service; He is all for my worship: blessed, blessed be His Name! He is not on the Cross, He is not in the grave; He is on the Throne!

Wondrous fact, a Man in the glory of God, and that One my Saviour; my Priest; my Advocate; the One Who died for me; the One Who lives for me; the One Who is coming for me; the Bridegroom of His Church.

It is not surprising that Peter should say, "Unto you therefore which believe He is precious" (1 Pet. 2:7). The ungodly world as well as the religious world are equally bent upon shutting Him out. The former is "Reserved unto fire," the latter He will "spue out of His mouth" (2 Pet. 3:7; Rev. 3:16). Therefore keep clear from them both. "Let us go forth therefore unto Him" (Heb. 13:13).

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing" (Rev. 5:12).

– Selected

2009/8/8 13:25
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re: Attributes of Jesus

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness HE DOES JUDGE and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev.19:11-16.

One day He will also be known to all the universe as the Great Judge. Great are You Lord!

2009/8/8 17:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy