SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Moral Government Theology and Ravenhill, Reidhead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Myself am grateful for scripture, we see apostle paul speaking of faith, and some in those days just as now did not understand and went with some things he said and we se the apostle james straighten things out, or clarify things, so i see some reformed teachings is misapplied and misunderstood and God sends a ravenhill and straighten out and clarify that those missed. And the other way around.

I just think before anyone says "he has a fulty" or heretical doctrine, better se to it they are closer to God then that man he is accusing is, many will se in the day calling maybe finney, mother theresa heretics will find they knew God better then they did, maybe they knew the bible better but that is second to knowing God. Many will find the "heretics" prayed more, worked more, loved God and men more then they with a correct doctrine, and they will be shamed before all creation and Christ.

God open our eyes

2009/8/7 10:49Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I am not saying to quit loving but I am saying that scripture must be held up. If we allow scripture to be blurred in any and all directions then we risk losing truth all together. Personaly I like R C Chapman and the way he handled things when it came to baptism. You can read about it, but basicaly he held to the truth of scripture w/o compromising it or the command to love others. We can certainly hold to the truth of scripture and love at the same time, the issue is when we quit loving.

For me it has nothing to do with Calvanism, or Arminianism it has only to do with scripture. If a man says you must believe the gospel but he believes that gospel includes as Finney, moral govt. then that mans gospel is tainted. We can and should still love the man but we must point out how he errors away from the truth of scripture.

2009/8/7 11:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]I just think before anyone says "he has a fulty" or heretical doctrine, better se to it they are closer to God then that man he is accusing is, many will se in the day calling maybe finney, mother theresa heretics will find they knew God better then they did, maybe they knew the bible better but that is second to knowing God. Many will find the "heretics" prayed more, worked more, loved God and men more then they with a correct doctrine, and they will be shamed before all creation and Christ.

God open our eyes[/b]

---

That must be read and mediated on by everyone! We are not called to defend scripture. We are called to be more like Jesus Christ and to know God. The balance is 90-10 of knowing God and the other side is having right theological views and defending them.

Indeed God help us. When we get before God in heaven we will realize our own ideas of what we thought were important were wrong. We will realize that God desired to led us by the Spirit of God into His plan and burden and not our zealous doctrinal debating and defense.

God help us.

2009/8/7 11:25Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Moral Government Theology and Ravenhill, Reidhead

the most important thing is to know one can have errors in doctrine and still know jesus, some must be right, who god is , who jesus is etc.scripture says if we know him, not know the doctrine concerning how christ saved us, i agree it is important to a degree, but some will set their faith carved in stone, some say i am cal, some say arm etc, both have serius errors, many forget many reformers baptized infants, to me a very faulty doctrine , and others did also, bit i still believe some of them knew god better then i. can we say that? can a cal say maybe finney knew god betyer then i? can the arminian say pherhaps luther knew god better then me despite all wrong he believed and did?

to say ravenhill was a heretic one need to be holier, be more earnest in his devotinal life, have a greater burden, walked longer, under greater trials, prayed more, then speak of s mans errors. or you would be a very sad man in that day.

2009/8/7 11:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Never rule the Scripture by your mind; let the Scripture rule your mind."
- Smith Wigglesworth

2009/8/7 11:38Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

1Ti 5:20
Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear.

2Ti 4:2
Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

Tit 1:13
This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith,

Tit 2:15
Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you

Certainly we need to read these scriptures in context, but the overarching theme is that rebuking is in and of itself defending the truth of scripture for the sake of God and the person being corrected, as well as others looking on. The question is do we do it with love and longsuffering?

Edit: As Paul says truth without love is just a loud noise. :cry:

2009/8/7 11:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

What was scripture even to Timothy? It was the Old Testament.

2009/8/7 12:01Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

May I ask a question? I am in no way as knowledgeable as those who have posted to this thread so please bare with me. My question is this, Why do we allow for baggage and the understanding that as humans we all fall short the glory of God and are sinners here and now. Even on the SI forum I have read many posts allowing for forgiveness and understanding when it came to someone seeing that they may have errored in understanding at one time or another. Why is it that we take the men and women of God who are no longer with us and hold them up as to be infallible? Isn't it possible that Finney knew and had God given understanding in many areas of the Christian walk but God had not opened his eyes in other areas? Is it not possible that the same could not be said of Reidhard, Ravenhill, and Keith Green. To all those who have posted to this thread, can you boast, can you say right now you have clear, complete understanding of all areas of the Christian walk today? Can you say that over your lifetime of being a Christian you have always held the same view that you do today in all areas of the Christian walk and with out a doubt have always been one hundred percent correct? Why is that we call men who are no longer here to speak for themselves heretics when they are just as we are, fellow servants seeking to follow and know Jesus as Lord and Savior?

As I said, I do not have the knowledge that many here have, but it seems to me that its easy enough to read someones word, seek the Lord in prayer, read the Bible and glean from it what the Lord would have for you. Perhaps some of Finney understandings were building blocks that God gave him for others to come along after and build upon for the body as a whole. Is this not possible, that he might see and understand what the Lord had for him at that point in his walk and life. Is it not possible that God did not have for Finney to know and understand all because another member of the body was to come later and share what the Lord was doing in that persons life and have for them to share that with others? Finally I wonder if in ten, or twenty years, if we are all still here, how many believers will read over our own written words and call one of us a heretic because of what we shared here on this forum?? Something perhaps to consider?

Ok thanks for letting me throw that out there.
with care in Him
rdg

2009/8/7 12:40Profile
mackaymarsh

Re: Purify Sermon Index?

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
Wayne,

If I had a sermon site, I would only post teachers that preach the gospel clearly and Biblically, my conscience wouldn't allow me to do otherwise.

This isn't my site, I'm just a guest here. Greg and the Mods put in the hard work, and they make the decisions regarding what is beneficial.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

Taylor,

It is obvious that Greg has built Sermon Index as a forum for revival upon the shoulders of men such as Ravenhill, Reidhead and others. If these saints of the past are so heretical and full of false teaching, then why are you here? How can your conscience allow you to participate in something that you find so offensive?

Do you realize that you have indicted Greg and the moderators as purveyors of false teaching and heresy?

The very people you have called false teachers and heretics have been a true source of God's grace to me. Am I now to disregard the instruction of the Lord I have received from these dear saints?

Is your mission here just to convert us all to 'Calvinism'? God forbid!

One last question, Taylor. Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?

Wayne

2009/8/7 14:05Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Moral Government Theology and Ravenhill, Reidhead

Quote:
As I said, I do not have the knowledge that many here have, but it seems to me that its easy enough to read someones word, seek the Lord in prayer, read the Bible and glean from it what the Lord would have for you. Perhaps some of Finney understandings were building blocks that God gave him for others to come along after and build upon for the body as a whole. Is this not possible, that he might see and understand what the Lord had for him at that point in his walk and life. Is it not possible that God did not have for Finney to know and understand all because another member of the body was to come later and share what the Lord was doing in that persons life and have for them to share that with others?

I think the knowledge you have and share here is worth its weight in gold, Finney wrote much all belivers can draw from, so did ravenhill, luther and all the rest, all of them probably had some error somewhere, but as you say, compare it with the word of God and draw out from the main source what God has for us.

What should scare us is if what we believe today, or what we have learned the first three or four years from our conversion should be the exact same beliefs we hold when we are 50 or 60, we may have the same doctrines somewhere, but much will be shaken by the lord to show us mainly our pride, and showing us, all of us who love to study, his word, commentaries and all the rest, all those will God humble because we all have the flesh that like to feed from the tree of good and evil. so God must bring us to the place where we start seeking the tree of life, and if God is successful we will no longer box our self in in a limited understanding, we will lift our hands and fall on our face and say the closer we come to God the less i know what is right and wrong for others, but i know for me and my walk, myself was and still is a lover of theology, i love reading, i can sit with six or seven books, commentaries, interlinar bibles three or four bibles, english , swedish and my desk is packed with books, my wife says i am crasy and have never seen someone read the bible like me, but i love it.... but sadly the most i have done is gaining and eating for my mind, most of my study was wrong, no matter what i found out was right it was based upon the wrong thing, God spoke to me and said that it is not how much and how rightly i know the word, it is how transformed i become into his image that will count on that day, if i am christlike or not in all areas of my life, whether i know theology and right doctrines will not matter as much as how much i loved god and people, how i used my tongue and how pure my thought life where. And when i first was converted, i was in a pentecostal charasmatic church that preached the love of god and easy belivism as is rampant today, zealous for the new life i started reading, listening to washer, ravenhill , and found si and started reading the old classic, i read bonar, ryle, matthew henry, i read luther, i read calvin, i read mostly reformed writings, and i held to reformed theology, i did read others to, tozer etc and wesley... but i knew it all, and i was so fed up with easy belivism i went to the other side, as a reaction to the absence of hellfire preaching, repentance, decipleship etc i saw this in the old writings, in the puritans and i said to myself and all others this is the truth! and much of it was, but my heart was not right, my words maybe where, my doctrine maybe was according to some. but my heart was drawing further from the lord every day, i started slowly gleaning less and less from scripture and directly from God, and more and more from other men, from times in prayer and devotion with tears of joy and grief to a just studing what other men written, the tenderness went away from my heart slowly but surely, for a while i thought i was the only one in my surrounding that understood the scriptures, i was blessed God rooted out this pride, i still suffer from this today, but God is good, he showed me when i put away all books, all commentaries, even the bible for a short while and just gave up all i believed as doctrine and etc, after some time i took out the bible and asked i would see what God wanted me to know, not what i wanted to learn, so that i could be like Christ, so that Gods will could be worked out in my life and that i would not have a single regret in that final day. The result was every single doctrine i was super sure of, i think i could have died for my faith and doctrines rather then deny them, but in all of them, i found i had wrong understanding, maybe not the whole doctrine, but some aspect of it, one example is repentance, i was super sure what it was and how it worked out, but when coming with a fresh eye and a humbles spirit i saw new things concerning repentance, that i did not see before, and so i did with all things, predestination, election, heaven, hell but most wonderfully i saw new things of Christ....

if i had contiuned to feed from the wrong tree i would have missed these views of christ, these lovley marvelous sights of the king of glory for a doctrine, even a right doctrine, just as the pharisees did, they had all doctrines 100% right, yet missed God, this is in scripture for our learning, and i hope, in 50 years if i live and the lord tarries, that i would see much more of him, so i can be transformed into his likeness.

Also i found out that when we have the right view of Jesus, the right view on salvation, on doctrines, when we have the truth...it will set us free from sin, outward and inward, we will be more and more free, if not so, we probably do not have the true doctrine of Christ.

this must be our private litmus test, this doctrine i believe is the truth and the only gospel, is it freeing me from sin daily? is it making me more and more like Christ? more loving, more humble in my speech, more thoughtful before saying something, less self centered and more giving etc etc....

whether you or i am a calvinist or an arminian or whatever, if you find your doctrine have this effect, please continue to hold it, if not, if you find no change, no victory over sin given by God, you find unclean thoughts, evil thoughts towards others, attitudes and mood swings, lusting after money etc... you are in error somewhere most likely.

anyway, allowing God to humble us is not always a feel good thing, but it is worth it.

Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. (Psa 24:7 NKJ)

God bless you all

2009/8/7 14:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy