SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are YOU 100% Sure YOU Are Saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
He never left Israel in the desert, they left Him.

I agree with you, Israel turned away from God. For most of their history they rejected Him even though He chose them, fed them, carried them and protected them from enemies. In fact, many times they turned away from Him and served other gods. And many times they were judged for their disobedience.

But then that begs the question:

Is natural Israel, the nation of Israel as a whole, synonymous with the Church; the body of Christ made up of both Jew and Gentile. I submit that it is not.

According to the prophecy in Jerimiah 32:40 there was and there is a people whom God will never forsake and who will never forsake their God. And this is possible because of the perfect obedience, the death, and the resurection of Jesus Christ.

It is just not good news unless this is true. It's just law and no different than any other religion out there.

--------------------------------

Quote:
Faith and repentance.

Faith and repentance. Necessary characteristics in a christian. But what is faith? Who has faith?

Amazingly, if you look at the people in the Gospels whom Jesus said had faith, they were people who could do nothing for themselves. They were blind, deaf, dead, leprous, diseased, crippled. They were weak.

And amazingly, if you look at the people in the Gospels whom Jesus criticized for not having faith, it's those who are strong in themselves. They did not really see their need for Him.

So is faith something that we muster up? Is it our part in salvation? Our work? Or is it a gift that God gives to those who have been crushed by the law and by the curse, and who know that they need a savior?

2009/6/10 14:34
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Its true brother, its true,, they will never depart as long as they have the fear of God in their hearts, the day they dont have that i am not so sure.

Alright, but we know from this passage that it is God who puts the fear of Himself in their hearts. And, in Ezekiel 36:26-27 we see that God actually gives them a new heart with His laws written upon it. So, we would have to remove that new heart and put our old one back in I guess?

Rejoice in the work God has done in you. Rest in His faithfulness to keep you and preserve you. It will motivate you to new passion for holiness and purity.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/6/10 14:40Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
So is faith something that we muster up? Is it our part in salvation? Our work? Or is it a gift that God gives to those who have been crushed by the law and by the curse, and who know that they need a savior?

well NT is clear, or it is to me , faith is a gift, but a gift can be well taken care of and cherished or neglected and mistreated.

All of salvation is of the Lord, or so I believe, but being saved and being freed is not forcing, if someone lets you out of prison from the outside, that you could never do yourself, yet once on the outside you may return to your cell by going back to a life of crime. The good part is God never closes the door without the possibility to open it again. so if we ask him to open it he will, but i think we have the choise to return if we desire it more then him who set us free.

2009/6/10 14:40Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Hmmhmm,

In Ezekiel 36:26-27 it states that God will [b]cause[/b] those He regenerates to walk in His statutes. That sounds pretty forceful to me.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/6/10 14:42Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:

Alright, but we know from this passage that it is God who puts the fear of Himself in their hearts. And, in Ezekiel 36:26-27 we see that God actually gives them a new heart with His laws written upon it. So, we would have to remove that new heart and put our old one back in I guess?

With care in Christ,
Taylor

I guess that is a way to put it,

[i]...you have put off the old man with his deeds... (Col 3:9 NKJ)

...put on the new man.. (Col 3:10 NKJ)[/i]

If we want it bad enough i think we can put the old man back on....

2009/6/10 14:46Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
In Ezekiel 36:26-27 it states that God will cause those He regenerates to walk in His statutes. That sounds pretty forceful to me. With care in Christ, Taylor

It does brother, but i am not so sure, can we define what "walk in His statues" meen and maybe we can come into agreement :-) does it meen God causes the true believer never to walk outside the statues?

2009/6/10 14:54Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Well, whatever Ezekiel 36:26-27 means, I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean "I'll let my sheep transform into goats and perish in Hell."

It means God causes His people to walk in His statutes. He doesn't sit back and cheer them on, He causes them to walk in His ways.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/6/10 15:08Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

is it possible to walk outside of His statues? if god is causing us to walk in them?

2009/6/10 15:15Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Sure it is, but that isn't the discussion. The point is, if God states His people will not depart from Him, it means they will not depart from Him.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/6/10 15:20Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

to me not to walk in the statues is to depart from him, and if he is causing us against any choice from us we would never ever even once be outside of his statues for one moment. and if we where, then his power to cause us is very little.

2009/6/10 15:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy