SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ooooooh Obama

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Ooooooh Obama

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2009/06/04/obama.speech.short.cnn

Is it just me, or is this man completely without God?

2009/6/4 8:51

Re: Ooooooh Obama

Anyone without Christ is completely without God. That's nothing new in secular leadership. Even those who claim to be 'Christian' compromise God's Word for political gain. But Paul says we must pray for them anyway.

2009/6/4 8:54
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Ooooooh Obama

its not just you

2009/6/4 9:04Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thanks for sharing this. I like the part where he mentioned the Holy Bible and said blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God. The audience clapped after he said this as well. I will pray for the president. I will not be critical of everything He does. As the leader of a nation, as well as the world so divided, I can appreciate some of the things he said.

I believe it is so much better for the promotion of the gospel when people will strive to at least be at peace with one another instead of war.

1 Timothy 2:1-4 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Blessings to all!

2009/6/4 9:25Profile
chapel

Re:

Very good rbanks,

You have truly shared wisdom which is from above.
Thank you,
lee

2009/6/4 9:34Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

in deed we should pray for the leaders, no need to critic them either, its obvius where they stand and what they believe, non the less pray for them.

But we know that when Paul wrote that there where no god fearing man as a ruler those days, and we know God has said.

Daniel 2:21 And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding. (Dan 2:21 NKJ)

the most wicked man that ruleth a nation does so because God has put him there, we may not understand why but Gods plan and design of things is beyond our comprehension.

give them the honer that is theirs, respect them and follow what they say if not against gods word, but many make an idol of their leaders hoping to change to the better through them. God alone should be our comfort and hope. Not presidents and kings.

Daniel 4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men. (Dan 4:17 KJG)

The basest of men God makes kings....

2009/6/4 9:51Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
in deed we should pray for the leaders, no need to critic them either, its obvius where they stand and what they believe, non the less pray for them.

Amen!

We should not be shocked when sinners sin and live Godless life styles and make Godless decisions...it is simply what they do.

Pray.

Good Post.

2009/6/4 11:25Profile
repentcanada

Re:

The scary thing is that he is lost, and he thinks he has been saved.

The other problem is you have hirelings like Rick Warren who have propped him up and rather than rebuke him and preach the Gospel to him, Obama has been assured by these hirelings, and other preachers who are more effeminate than men in that they will not stand up and rebuke Obama like John Baptist did to Herod.

2009/6/4 11:50Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

repentcanada wrote:
The scary thing is that he is lost, and he thinks he has been saved.

The other problem is you have hirelings like Rick Warren who have propped him up and rather than rebuke him and preach the Gospel to him, Obama has been assured by these hirelings, and other preachers who are more effeminate than men in that they will not stand up and rebuke Obama like John Baptist did to Herod.

well many think they are saved in todays christianity, and we know herod was interested in christianity, he liked hearing john the baptist preach, and the next he enjoyed some woman dancing for him. And so many are today, not just leaders but many christians, we enjoy a good sermon, a good book, radical preaching like john the baptist, then we enjoy also the world and its lusts.

jesus warned against this.

Then He charged them, saying, "Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod." (Mar 8:15 NKJ)

we should flee this as we flee being a pharise, mixing the hearing of radical preaching with living worldly and not allow the preaching to change us, so many leaders do and sadly christians, want to hear the word but dont want to change the lives.

God give us grace, go to church hear a good true sermon and go home and watch some worldly thing on tv, this is the leaven of herodians.

Mark 6:20 For Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just man and an holy, and observed him; and when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly. (Mar 6:20 KJV)

a man can be glad to hear the true prophetic preaching of the lord, and yet end up in hell, this is a serius thing, of course it is easy to point uot the president and say this and that, but it is the wrong focus, we should focus on ourselves, Paul never wrote one word about the wicked christian murder that was leader in those days, he knew God will do right, and even tho the leader of that day killed and murdered and persecuted christian, legislated laws making it impossible for christian to live a christian faithful life, yet paul never said something about this, his kingdom was not of this world.

But pray! we are not idle and not caring, but we fight not blood and flesh.... its not obama that is the problem..... nor any other leader in the world. Lets keep focus on the real enemy and fight him and be concerned about the true kingdom that never will end.

God bless all

2009/6/4 12:09Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

When I listened to Obama's speech I thought that is a good political speech. He is a politician, wants world peace, especially between Muslims and the Western nations...can't really fault the man. But this whole thing reminded me of the tensions that existed between the USSR and America back in the 1950-1980s, I think. It was called "The Cold War" and ended with Gorbechev at the helm of the USSR.

The Russian premier - in the 1954(?)-1964 - was Khrushchev and he loved to shoot off at the mouth. He came across as being brash and wished to see the demise of the USA and said so. Eventually, he was ousted from office in 1964 - and actually survived this ouster with his head still attached to his body, alive. After his ouster he wrote his memoirs "Khrushchev Remembers" - an interesting book, actually. In reading you finally realized this guy is a human being!

Years later Christians from the USSR said he was a pretty good premier - they had more freedoms then they did for a long time but this came to a halt after his ouster.

What am I saying? Can we always believe what the news media wants us to believe, be it conservative or liberal? Personally, I am coming to the point where I no longer trust 'politics' - the ones we did think that were honorable, are not. It is so easy to become entangled with worldly affairs that we soon get all tied up in knots and forget that we are merely strangers and pilgrims and are looking for a heavenly city wherein dwelleth righteousness. And ya sho ain't gonna see it he-ya!

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/6/4 21:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy