SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : If Noah, who was not born again, was a preacher of righteousness . .

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

If Noah, who was not born again, was a preacher of righteousness . .

[color=000000]. . . what is the mark of a born again individual?[/color]

2009/5/25 8:06
HeartSong

Re: If Noah, who was not born again, was a preacher of righteousness . .

They trust God.

2009/5/25 8:11Profile

Re:

And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
- Mark 14:62

Interesting. I should think it would read that we will see the Son of God sitting there.

I wonder why it doesn't?

2009/5/25 8:23

Psa 68:11

You asked: [i]If Noah, who was not born again, was a preacher of righteousness . . what is the mark of a born again individual?[/i]

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but [b]ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father[/b].

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And [b]if[/b] children, then

The preceding verses are full of 'if'.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, [b]if[/b] so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now [b]if[/b] any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And [b]if[/b] Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. 11 But [b]if[/b] the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For [b]if[/b] ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: [b]but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live[/b].

2009/5/25 8:35

Re:

The word "IF" is used more than 1500 times throughout the Bible.

So what is the mark a new born individual?

2009/5/25 8:39
ceedub

Canada

Re:

To be born again is to be born of the Spirit of God. The person has been quickened, made alive by the Spirit of God. The marks would be the fruit of the Spirit...

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

2009/5/25 11:00Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Good folks of SI,

Just want to issue a warning to those who have not been on this forum for very long that Intense has been attempting to spread false doctrines on this site for many years now, usually under the nickname Ormly. If you do a search under that name you will find much that will give you an understanding of the merry-go-round that he has attempted to put this forum on in the past.

Lately he appears to be attempting to use the methods of diaprax to get others to accept his different doctrinal positions. For those who are not familar with diaprax, the method goes something like this; The facilitator (Intense in this case) attempts to interrogate a person regarding their position on an issue. This is done by using a series of select questions that will most effectively break down the persons confidence in his position. This is an attempt to prepare people to accept a differing position.

In the past Ormly has shown no propensity toward honest and open dialog concerning the issues he brings up, he is only interested in pushing his position on others and is quite often prone to ad-hominem arguments instead if really arguing the point when his position is challenged scripturally. Be aware.

In Christ,

Ron

2009/5/25 12:56Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Thank you Ron for warning us. I was also warned by another long time member about not to be deceived by the false teachings that Intense/Ormly has been trying to put forth.

I will be praying for you Intense/Ormly, sadly the things you are attempting to persuade others to believe are not Biblical. Sadly your focus seems to be very much on self, and what self can accomplish. Our focus should only be on Jesus and what He has done for us.
rdg

2009/5/25 13:42Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
- Mark 14:62

Interesting. I should think it would read that we will see the Son of God sitting there.

I wonder why it doesn't?

The terms 'Son of Man' and 'Son of God' were in common use amongst Jewish people of Christ's time. What sets Him apart is that He called Himself "The" Son of Man and "The" Son of God.

As to your question I don't find it confusing at all. It would have only been natural for Him to have said the Son of God because as that He had always shared that communion with God. But now as the Son of Man He will return with authority from God to judge the world. Where you're trying to lead with this I don't know.

2009/5/25 19:31Profile
passerby

Re:

Quote: "To be born again is to be born of the Spirit of God. The person has been quickened, made alive by the Spirit of God. The marks would be the fruit of the Spirit...

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another".

Eze 11:19 "And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh"

This is the core of being a Christian, a new life in God, growing more and more in faith, hope, love; the three things which will remain.

There is a change in moral character. Security, satisfaction, values, and pursuit in life is now anchored (from our own conceit and vain imaginations) in the Lord Jesus Christ.

There are many who would like to be called Christians and we extend our best intentions to them but as the apostle Paul said " Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity" Ti 2:19.

The New Testament is full of admonitions, life examples, precepts, and instructions to the real believers, those who are His will follow and abide with them, it will show in their thougts, in the way they walk, work, and talk

2009/5/26 1:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy