SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Ravenhill Quotes..

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Ravenhill Quotes

Thanks Jimm,

Some choice nuggets you are unearthing. Had to lift this one back up again:

Quote:
The more self- confidence you have, the less you pray. The less self-confidence you have, the more you have to pray.

Don't know if a truer statement has ever been uttered.

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2004/12/31 9:49Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Surrounded by an arrogant, militant paganism.

A few years ago, Dr. Carl F. Henry, founder and editor of Christianity Today, sent out a questionnaire to what he called, "Twenty of the leading intellectual preachers in the country." And the question that he sent out was this: "What do you see for the church of Jesus Christ by the year 2000." I remember only one of the replies, it was given by Elton Trueblood, the Quaker philosopher. He said this amazing thing: "By the year 2000 the church will be a conscious minority surrounded by an arrogant, militant paganism."

2005/1/1 8:09Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

THE GOD OF THE WORD

The tragedy in our colleges and seminaries right now is that we turn men out who know the word of God. - That is never going to turn the world.
The question is not whether they know the Word of God.
The question is:
DO THEY KNOW THE GOD OF THE WORD?

2005/1/1 8:11Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

It doesn't even faze us.

Isn't it staggering when you think that one sermon on the day of Pentecost produced 3000 people? And we had some cities yesterday where 3000 sermons were preached and nobody was saved. And it doesn't even faze us.

2005/1/1 8:12Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Everybody wants to be amused.

The church used to be a lightning bolt, now it's a cruise ship.We are not marching to Zion - we are sailing there with ease. In the apostolic church it says they were all amazed - And now in our churches everybody wants to be amused.

2005/1/1 8:14Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Sleeping giant of today

Today Lucifer is probably surveying the church just as Bonaparte did China. One can almost behold the fear in his eyes as he thinks of the Church's unmeasured potential and growls, "Let the Church sleep! If she wakes, she will shake the world." Is not the Church the sleeping giant of today?

2005/1/1 8:16Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re: Sleeping giant of today

Consider Samson's fall. He didn't get drunk; he didn't commit murder; he didn't steal. Samson fell simply because he succumbed to the natural, and fell asleep.

2005/1/1 8:17Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

God pity us!!!

God pity us that after years of writing, using mountains of paper and rivers of ink, exhausting flashy terminology about the biggest revival meetings in history, we are still faced with gross corruption in every nation, as well as with the most prayerless church age since Pentecost.

2005/1/1 8:22Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Strengthen me just once!

Holy jealousy gripped him. Mighty as he had been in other things, Samson now proved mightiest in prayer: "Lord, strengthen me ... this once!' (vs. 28) Would to God that every professed believer in the whole of Christendom would borrow this prayer and mean it. Then with dramatic conclusion, Samson sealed the doom of many more of the enemies of God in his dying than in his living.

2005/1/1 8:28Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Shape us into soldiers

The religious sentimentalist who sings "Just a closer walk with Thee" but walks close to the ungodly and sits with the blasphemers, is not taken seriously in either heaven or hell. Be very sure, friend, that this vile world is not "a friend to grace to help on to God." We need to pray the Father to put some blood into this "water" that runs through our veins. Our Simon-like natures need the Upper Room fire to clean us out and the discipline of the Spirit to shape us into soldiers.

2005/1/1 8:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy