SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : True Gospel or Other Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Lets go through what he is saying, first he is calling all southern baptists apostates because they believe in lordship salvation, what is wrong with that, Jesus said that unless your willing to deny your self and everything else in your life you our not worthy of him. Lordship salvation is a great and i think biblical doctrine, he must be the lord of your life.
O.k his comment about brainwashing the kids is ridiculous. First he misunderstands the sermon completely. Paul washer is telling these youth that the church over the past 50 years has presented the gospel the wrong way, they have turned it into a pray this prayer, ask jesus into your heart and your saved and these kids have no idea how much God hates sin and how holy it is. I fell into this trap myself, God is only love, love, love. Paul is trying to say that the church is teaching a gospel that is unbiblical and which suits peoples needs, and i am not saying the whole church but some. Instead of showing the reality of peoples sins in their sermons and letting the poor soul to be convicted of their sins, they tell them of the love God only and they tell them at the end of the sermons to pray this prayer for eternal salvation and thousands or millions of people and kids have been fooled and our not truly being converted and paul is saying no, this why the church people love to live in the world and follow god at the same time. Paul also is saying that by your fruits you shall know a believer from a false prophet by their lifestyle, by their desires, by their lusts, by the words that come out of their mouths, our fruits, our works justify us before others. Also another problem paul has seen was many kids and adults have a love for the world still and don't care for the things of God even as much and they profess to be christians. This is where Paul is standing against this and is saying that according to scripture these people our living like they don't know God, its that simple.Then we have him saying that he mixes up the gospel by saying that you have to have faith and then it is followed by repentance, what i think paul washer is saying here is that awakening of God or possibly when you our born of the spirit that you have faith in christ but God gives you his spirit before that and i think this where he means that your desires have changed to loving God and hating the world and this brings you to repentance. I believe this is something calvinists believe and i think paul washer too that we our born of God first and then we believe in faith and then repent because we won't believe unless we our born again, born again doesn't happen after we decide to have christ but it happens before we have faith in christ which i would say is the doctrine of regeneration. So doctrinally david stewart and paul washer disagree, but guess what no one believes the same, but i don't think he should be calling him a heretic because i agree with paul washer and many do.

2009/5/17 0:27

Re:

I truly believe he misinterprets paul washers message completely. Also Paul Washer could also be explaining what happens after someone has faith and that is to repent. But we know scriptures that say repent and believe the gospel and david stewart says their our none. But the understanding af faith and repentance is needed here, i think when you plan to trust and have faith in jesus that your heart is surrendering and repenting also at the same time. But this whole sermon is talking about how you can know true christians and false christians by their fruits and their works, and desires and paul is saying if you your lifestyle reflects an ungodly lifestyle constantly and you don't have a problem with the sin at all, beware. You might not know the Lord. We our saved by faith in Christ by nothing we do but we he did, but if we think we can come to christ and not be willing to turn from our lifestyle how can we be saved. Our we saying that you will be perfect and not sin anymore no, but if you do nor will not give those sins and then you want to come to christ and you have this prideful attitude of i still want to commit adultery, do drugs and you say i will continue to live like this no matter what that is the wrong attitude but if your attitude is i can't stop sinning but i want to and you come to christ, that would be a right attitude. Read the old testament, God tells israel all through out to repent , turn, follow my judgements. Read sermons of old preachers like spurgeon, wesley, whitfield,edwards, early church fathers, do they leave out repentance. We our saved by faith but i think that repentance is in the heart of man at that time. I know i have probably have said 3 different things in here. But brother paul is warning people here and i think david stewart who does seem to be very wise man, but i mean this man calls john macarthur a heretic, he probably calls almost everyone who doesn't read the kjv a heretic too. Be wise, listen to paul washers sermon again, he explains the fruit of salvation, he tells that if you continue in ungodliness your whole life without a change to be warned, where is the holy spirit in your life basically, where is the sanctification in your life, that is what he is saying, he is also is seeing an easy believism in the church which many people our unconverted our turning from the faith and living like the world in almost all phases completely contradictory to what scripture teaches. I am sure i am wrong somewhere here, but i have read this before, he misinterprets what paul is saying.

2009/5/17 1:20

Re:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/wolves_in_sheep's_clothing.htm
this is david stewarts site and as you can see is a list of all the ones he believes that our heretics and false prophets. I agree with many of them but i have heard some bad things of texe marrs and jack hyles and peter ruckman myself, so why don't we call everyone a heretic. I have friends who our kjv only people and hate calvinism and who like ruckman etc. This is that site. They believe if you don't read the kjv your an apostate or an alexandrian follower or an alexandrian cult. I have seen some the most well saved christians who don't read the kjv soley.

I recommend you look up this man and people that he promotes on his site and see what others have said about their faults and their false beliefs, you will find some. I just don't know how the holy spirit doesn't convict him when he is calling some of these men heretics. I won't say it unless it is vividly clear and still it is hard to say it. The spirit of love is lacking in some of these kjv onlyists, and i know it because i have been around them. I read the kjv but call people apostates for using another bible i think is wrong.Standing up for the kjv is different but to worship the kjv more than christ theirs a problem.

2009/5/17 1:40

Re:

grace 2016 if you can tell on david stewarts site he promotes jack hyles a lot and i am guessing he went to hyles anderson. I am not trying to say jack hyles was not a christian but i was thinking about going to that school in indiana when i fell onto this site and changed my mind completely, check it out.

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/hyles/testim.htm

Also here is another person he promotes on his site gail riplinger the new age bible versions
Here is when her and james white went one on one in a discussion on the radio after he heard some of the lines she was teaching, this part 1 but i recommend to listen to them all, remember this is not against the kjv because it is the word of God but their our some lies being taught which need to be revealed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVXjw4jd61M

I also believe he promotes charles finney and as you seen on my post many said to stop listening to finney, also charles spurgeon warned against him too.

2009/5/17 13:37
FreebyWord

Re: True Gospel or Other Gospel

I've not responded because I only know of him through a friend last year who mistakenly thought I was advocating Joseph Prince when I was actually talking about Derek Prince. I looked Joseph up online and watched a partial video of his preaching and knew this man is not of God.

2009/5/17 14:56Profile

Re: From Grace:What is the gospel ?

Grace,I want to say in the most humbly way as I can:
The Bible says that "the gospel is the gospel of the kingdom"
Jesus said When " THIS GOSPEL" (of the kingdom)
shall be preached throughout the whole world,then shall the end come.
You see, there are a lot of gospels being preached, but are they the gospel of the kingdom?

And where there is a kingdom , there is a king.
That King is Jesus .
He comes in by way of the Holy Spirit,to rule ..be Lord in our lives.To lead us in THE WAY
in which we are to go(walk,way,feet,path)
The Holy Spirit comes in to do It`s work.
It is the King that is teaching us..His Word/Spirit is in us,rising up like fountains of Living Waters,offering us Life.(The Word`s that I speak unto you, they are Spirit and they are Life.)John 6:63It is the Father(the King) that does the work,..if we choose to obey.
But do we say,We will not have this man to rule over us.
Jesus came preaching the gospel of the Kingdom,Paul preaced the gospel of the kingdom and the princables of that kingdom.
The other disciples preached this message also.
Yes it is the good news ,the Lord has sent us His inableing Holy Spirit to strenthen us ..help
us.
All praise be to God,and our Lord Jesus,
Elizabeth

2009/5/17 17:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy