SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Adam's sin...our guilt?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 Next Page )
PosterThread

CeeDub...in love I ask.

Quote:
In my humble opinion, much of the church's problems have come from abondoning doctrinal study, especially when it leads to debate.

Thats the "problem"? IN LOVING voice, and I mean that with my whole heart, and without any contentiousness, you beleive thats the "problem"?

The problem is NO TEARS, no weeping between the porch and the altar, yearning and seeking, desperate for the Kingdom of God, not an earthly kingdom, not a theocracy, but weeping because of our own unprofitability(and I include MY own unprofitability) weeping in repentance....this Church needs a baptism of tears! not another "doctrinal debate" (due respect)

We need to be SQUASHED, we need to die to self, die to the flesh, these are the prayers I'm praying for my own miserable nature, May the Lord have mercy on me a sinner. Squash me, make me fit for Your Work, Your Will, not mine.

and out of these tears we'll rise on weak and feeble knees and let God do the Work, thru us IN HIM! (sorry for the exclamations)

we need to stop sitting passive in pews, looking at the back of each others necks, and fall on our faces, and make the prayer meeting THE most important meeting...on our faces!

I just dont agree that what we need is more of the same "religion", we need tears. I'm not short-shrifting "doctrine", but you have a Bible, I have a Bible, and when we engage in the daily practice of reading it, breathing it in, we prayer to the Lord, "Jesus, put me on the road to Emmaus", and you will be given the doctrine of the Gospel, imputed and imparted.

God is good! Give us tears! amen.

I love you unseen brother, no arguments for me.
neil

2009/5/6 12:29
ceedub

Canada

Re: CeeDub...in love I ask.

I guess my reply would be that a true, heart felt desire to serve God with a broken heart has come from a learning of doctrine.

To qualify that, I'd have to say that when we are young in the faith, God carries us like we fathers do the small children in our families, and by His Spirit, gives us the heart that we need and so desperately had wanted. But as we grow, God is working in us so that we will 'will and do' His good pleasure. Of course God has many means of doing this, but doctrine is at the forefront.

When Paul instructed Timothy in church leadership, it was doctrine first, then practice.

Romans 1-11 is the doctrine of the gospel. When Paul finishes with the laying out of these doctrines and answers all the opposition to it, then he beseeches, or begs the people, in light of God's mercies revealed in the previous 11 chapters, to offer themselves up as a living sacrifice.

No, we're not all called to the same level or desire when it comes to doctrine, but history has shown, that when the church will not stand for sound doctrine, revival will wait until they do.

2009/5/6 12:53Profile

Re:

Doctrine Defined: Instruction, Teaching.

John 7:15-17 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned? Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me. If any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

2009/5/6 13:09
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Quote:
The problem is NO TEARS, no weeping between the porch and the altar, yearning and seeking, desperate for the Kingdom of God, not an earthly kingdom, not a theocracy, but weeping because of our own unprofitability(and I include MY own unprofitability) weeping in repentance....this Church needs a baptism of tears! not another "doctrinal debate" (due respect)

We need to be SQUASHED, we need to die to self, die to the flesh, these are the prayers I'm praying for my own miserable nature, May the Lord have mercy on me a sinner. Squash me, make me fit for Your Work, Your Will, not mine.

Brother,

I agree with need more heart-felt piety. However, It takes a learning of proper doctrine to even feel the need for tears or being "squashed".

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/5/6 13:16Profile

Re: fair enough, Intense

Quote:
fair question, which I will answer with a question, when the battery in your car becomes dead, maybe because its 20 degrees below zero, what do you do?

However, God is not a battery. If purposed by Him, what HE DOES lasts for an eternity. What He does, doesn't need reviving. wherefore, the problem with Him being sustained in the congregation not being His problem but the hearts of them who allow their relationship with Him, for whatever reason, to go south on them. [remember the parable of the sower]Therefore, revival is not what is needed but mens hearts who claim His Name to get serious about becoming what God has purposed through His great salvation, for which revival isn't necessary.

And where is church leadership with a sustaining message? What message am I hearing every week that is a more than a salvation message? None, based on my own experiences in the traditional church. I am saved. I don't need to hear that message every week. In fact, I don't need to hear any message from the pulpit that doesn't speak of intimacy with the Lord.

I do my "homework" in learning Jesus Christ. Pity there are but few to share Him with within the traditional church.

If I need an evangelist to "revive" me, I would have to question whether or not I was ever saved much less, never mind being born again.

BTW and FWIW, The day of Pentecost was NOT a revival.

2009/5/6 13:34

Re:

[i]"If I need an evangelist to "revive" me, I would have to question whether or not I was ever saved much less, never mind being born again."[/i]

GLORY to GOD!

2009/5/6 13:39

Natan4Jesus,

If I may But in: I couldn't agree more however, what you speak of is from sound doctrine. It is Doctrine where debate is never necessary, producing the fruit that abides forever.

2009/5/6 13:42
ceedub

Canada

Re:

Quote:
And where is church leadership with a sustaining message? What message am I hearing every week that is a more than a salvation message? None, based on my own experiences in the traditional church. I am saved. I don't need to hear that message every week. In fact, I don't need to hear any message from the pulpit that doesn't speak of intimacy with the Lord.

There's an excellent point. Christians are being patronized as idiots every weekend, feeding their flock sub-pablim (?) that I wouldn't insult my 7 year old with.

If anyone else found the above quote to have rung true, go the 'Whitehorse Inn' website and in the 'previous programs' you'll find an interview titled, 'Quitting Church. Why the faithfull are leaving by the thousands'.

The original book pointed out that it's nigh impossible to find a church anymore that has anything for a believer of more than 5 years.

Church worship services are for believers. And I'm not ashamed to say so. Services have been sold out for doctrinless amway meetings in hopes of showing the world how similar the church is.

Well, if God has done a work in the heart of someone coming to church, they don't want the world anymore, they want God's family.

Gal 6:10

2009/5/6 13:53Profile
ceedub

Canada

Re:

Quote:
however, what you speak of is from sound doctrine. It is Doctrine where debate is never necessary

Would that statement hold up with a review of the major debates in church history?

If everyone in church looked to God's word first, like most on this site do, I'd agree.

2009/5/6 14:07Profile

Bless you all

I'm at a end of my words, let me just share with you all the testimony of Duncan Campbell available on this website;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=380]Duncan Campbell-His Testimony and Conversion[/url]

his words I agree with, meaning that besides the Voice of the Holy Spirit, that we listen to, the Voice of Holy Scripture we breath in, we also look to "older brothers" in the Faith for example in their work with Jesus, Duncan Campbell is such a man for me, but thats just me, we all must work out our won salvation with trembling and fear, but I do urge you to listen to this wonderful testimony of this dear man.

neil

2009/5/6 14:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy