SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Adam's sin...our guilt?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 Next Page )
PosterThread
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Question: If we inherit a sin nature that is at emnity with God, how is it anyone turns to Him for salvation? I would say that we inherit no such thing.

Isaiah 26:12; Ezek 36:26-27; James 1:18; John 6:44.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/5/8 7:20Profile

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
Quote:
Question: If we inherit a sin nature that is at emnity with God, how is it anyone turns to Him for salvation? I would say that we inherit no such thing.

Isaiah 26:12; Ezek 36:26-27; Ephesians 2:8-9.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

Reconcile this: "Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, 8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: 9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. 10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. 11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) 12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; 15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts,. . . " Heb.3.7-15

2009/5/8 7:23
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

What do you mean reconcile it? All I did was quote Bible passages.

Don't harden your heart, that's what Hebrews says. What do you want me to add?

God rips out our heart of stone and gives us a new heart. That's why we turn to God.

2009/5/8 7:25Profile

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
What do you mean reconcile it? All I did was quote Bible passages.

So did I. More than just cherry picked verses.

Quote:
Don't harden your heart, that's what Hebrews says. What do you want me to add?

God rips out our heart of stone and gives us a new heart. That's why we turn to God.

When does He do that? To whom does He do it, except those who submit to Him, that they might better understand His ways and Character?

There is nothing ever arbitrary about God, is there?

2009/5/8 7:30
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
When does He do that? To whom does He do it, except those who submit to Him, that they might better understand His ways and Character? There is nothing ever arbitrary about God, is there?

No, there is nothing ever arbitrary about God. Deut 29:29 - God hasn't revealed His inner thoughts and purposes of election. However, He has chosen men based on no inherent worth in themselves. "[b]Of his own will[/b] he brought us forth by the word of truth."

He did that before time began. Ephesians 1 said He did it out of His good pleasure, so the "to whom" is to whom He will to elect.

Remember, friend, man has always worshiped himself, and continues to do so under the guise of Christianity. Let's not fall into that. May we glorify God and His regenerating grace together.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/5/8 7:35Profile

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
Quote:
When does He do that? To whom does He do it, except those who submit to Him, that they might better understand His ways and Character? There is nothing ever arbitrary about God, is there?

Quote:
No, there is nothing every arbitrary about God.

Oh? Then you aren't conveying that very well in your writing.

Quote:
Deut 29:29 - God hasn't revealed His inner thoughts and purposes of election.

Oh? "Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,. . ." 1 Peter 1:20 (KJV)

"Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but [b]unto us[/b] they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. 1 Peter 1:12 (KJV)

Quote:
However, He has chosen men based on no inherent worth in themselves. "[b]Of his own will[/b] he brought us forth by the word of truth."
He did that before time began. Ephesians 1 said He did it out of His good pleasure, so "to whom" is to whom He will to elect.

Can you name one who was not foreknown of God as being righteous? While you are at it, can you explain what His good pleasure is?

Quote:
Remember, friend, man has always worshiped himself, and continues to do so under the guise of Christianity.

You mean like, . . . Joseph? How many more much I mention, who worshipped God, who loved God?

2009/5/8 7:59
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Can you name one who was not foreknown of God as being righteous?

Me.

What I meant by God not revealing the inner workings of election is that He did not record His entire process by which election was carried out. It was simply out of His good pleasure, and by good pleasure I mean His sovereign, free decision unaffected by anything outside of Himself.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/5/8 8:02Profile

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
Quote:
Can you name one who was not foreknown of God as being righteous?

Me.

Really?? You faked God out? I hardly think so.

Quote:
What I meant by God not revealing the inner workings of election is that He did not record His entire process by which election was carried out. It was simply out of His good pleasure, and by good pleasure I mean His sovereign, free decision unaffected by anything outside of Himself.

Election=Selection. God foreknew everyone He chose/chooses. In the foreknowledge of God, He chooses because those who take up the great commandment, which is the prerequisite of anyone being chosen. In living the great commandment will the elect of God be preserved in their times of testing. In living the great commandment, they will not be deceived by "flatteries". See Dan.11.32. It is as simple as that.

]

2009/5/8 8:15
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

I didn't fake God out, such would be blasphemous. I mean he didn't choose me because I was righteous. He foreknew He would make me righteous in Christ, which is not what I thought you meant.

So, God chooses those who keep the moral law? Is that what you are trying to get across? I want to understand your position.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/5/8 8:19Profile

Re:

Quote:

TaylorOtwell wrote:
I didn't fake God out, such would be blasphemous. I mean he didn't choose me because I was righteous. He foreknew He would make me righteous in Christ, which is not what I thought you meant.

To the contrary. He saw you as already righteous. Is not the scripture that says: In God's reality, everything is yea and amen before it actually happens? Now, having said that, your [our]righteousness needs to be proven [worked out] inasmuch as it is God's very Nature born in us, purposed to reveal His Character. This is NOT unlike what Jesus had to do.

Quote:
So, God chooses those who keep the moral law? Is that what you are trying to get across? I want to understand your position.

His law is written upon the hearts of men. Obeying it is the issue and what God is looking for in men to be the elect of Him unto the becoming of what Jesus became. . a Son, "in whom I am well pleased"..

2009/5/8 8:36

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy