SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Greg Violi short UK tour

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Greg Violi short UK tour

Dear saints,

Greg (sermonindex) has kindly permitted me to announce the ministry of Greg Violi, which is taking place in the UK at this time.

He is on his way home to the US from Germany - where one of the churches who hosts his ministry, also used to host Art Katz.

1st May: Portsmouth - see below in post #6.

Saturday, 2nd May: 10 am
Sunday, 3rd May: 11 am & 6 pm

Trinity Revival & Healing Centre,
Malpas Court,
Newport S Wales
NP20 6NS

www.aplaceforhisglory.com - see Itinerary link to contact the UK host in Wales for other details.

Monday 4th May (Bank Holiday): Leicester EDIT - details now added:

St Andrew's Methodist Church Hall
Glenfield Road East at junction Fosse Road Central (Please approach car park from Fosse Rd Central)
Leicester
LE3 5QW

1 pm & 6 pm - worship, preaching and prayer ministry

4 - 5 pm: fellowship 'picnic' - outside (Fosse Recreation Ground) if weather good enough. Please bring for self + 1 - hot drinks provided.

Finish by 9 pm [end edit]

2009/4/30 15:12
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Greg Violi short UK tour

Oops, is this worth advertising?? There is some really questionable content on his website promoting heavily inner healing for the 'hurt', original goodness of man to affirm the downtrodden instead of calling sinners to find their savior . Can the moderators please have a closer look at it?? Guys we have to watch out.

excerpt from their website

Quote:
A SAMPLE OF RELEASING THE FATHER'S BLESSING

I. Get permission from person to stand in the place of their earthly father. (You are now standing in as their father - doesn't matter if he is alive or dead)
II. Allow God to look through your eyes into their eyes and allow God to feel inside of your heart their hurt and pain.
III. Ask him/her to forgive you for any sin (s) against them. Be specific as the Lord gives you guidance. Ex. Sexual, physical, emotional abuse. Yelling, screaming hatred, anger, abandonment, rejection. etc.
IV. Ask him/her to release you from all disappointments; un-kept promises, a standard that was too high, emotional instability, lack of concern.
V. Release me from all hurt and pain I may have caused through actions, and attitudes I am sorry. Please forgive and release me.
VI. Start to speak into them such things as:

A. Every word you speak is important, because you are important.
B. Every thought you think is important, because you are important.
C. It was a very special day when you were born, because God placed you here for a specific and special purpose with a special plan.

VII I release your spirit from the prison of darkness? torment?
fear? loneliness? Heaviness? Confusion?
I call you out of the dark chambers into the light of God.
I release blessings into your mind, your body, and finances,
from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. You
can quote Num. 6:24-26.(May the Lord make His face to shine upon you . . . . . )
VIII Lastly, but most importantly get rid of all self consciousness and
Put your arms tightly around him and give him an affectionate
Hug and allow Jesus to hug him through you. Jesus can then fill him and heal him
with His own perfect love
A SAMPLE OF RELEASING THE FATHER'S BLESSING

I. Get permission from person to stand in the place of their earthly father. (You are now standing in as their father - doesn't matter if he is alive or dead)
II. Allow God to look through your eyes into their eyes and allow God to feel inside of your heart their hurt and pain.
III. Ask him/her to forgive you for any sin (s) against them. Be specific as the Lord gives you guidance. Ex. Sexual, physical, emotional abuse. Yelling, screaming hatred, anger, abandonment, rejection. etc.
IV. Ask him/her to release you from all disappointments; un-kept promises, a standard that was too high, emotional instability, lack of concern.
V. Release me from all hurt and pain I may have caused through actions, and attitudes I am sorry. Please forgive and release me.
VI. Start to speak into them such things as:

A. Every word you speak is important, because you are important.
B. Every thought you think is important, because you are important.
C. It was a very special day when you were born, because God placed you here for a specific and special purpose with a special plan.

VII I release your spirit from the prison of darkness? torment?
fear? loneliness? Heaviness? Confusion?
I call you out of the dark chambers into the light of God.
I release blessings into your mind, your body, and finances,
from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. You
can quote Num. 6:24-26.(May the Lord make His face to shine upon you . . . . . )
VIII Lastly, but most importantly get rid of all self consciousness and
Put your arms tightly around him and give him an affectionate
Hug and allow Jesus to hug him through you. Jesus can then fill him and heal him
with His own perfect love

2009/4/30 18:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg (sermonindex) has kindly permitted me to announce the ministry of Greg Violi, which is taking place in the UK at this time.

I am not endorsing the ministry paticularly for I do not know the brother or the ministry he runs. The sister who I feel could have some discernment asked if she could post it. He does have ties ie with Art Katz allowing him to speak in the UK more during his life.

So just to state I do not condone his ministry and I am glad brothers are looking more into this and seeing some possible problems as such with what is being teached through the ministry.

the "releasing the fathers blessing" article does to me seem not biblical and very new age in its terminology.

2009/4/30 20:53Profile

Hello narrowpath,

Quote:
instead of calling sinners to find their savior . Can the moderators please have a closer look at it?? Guys we have to watch out.

Definitely this man is not an evangelist and doesn't claim to be. I also note things on his website over which I have questions. However, one of our German brothers (Daniel - daniel-) with whom I correspond, translated for Greg Violi for two meetings, during his recent tour of Germany, and encouraged me to hear him while he is here, and even to invite him to speak in my area.

I really do hope that some sermonindex members will make it to one of his meetings, and see whether God moves or not through his ministry to church members.

Have you read the beginning of his book 'The King's Holy Beauty'? I would be interested in your view of his use of scripture. Is he way off?

Quote:
I am not endorsing the ministry paticularly for I do not know the brother or the ministry he runs. The sister who I feel could have some discernment asked if she could post it.

One of the reasons I wanted to draw attention to this man's ministry was exactly for the discernment of the origin of the authority which he takes over demons.

There is much controversy in the church - and Todd Bentley's name arises easily in connection with this - as to whether a person can receive the Holy Spirit while demons are troubling their life either from within or without. My answer to the Pentecostal doctrine which says they cannot, is that there was a period of time during which Jesus was in the Temple [u]with[/u] everything that should not have been in the Temple - until He had driven out the enemies of righteousness and truth. This picture is very clearly mirrored in 2 Kings 23, when the king renewed the nation's covenant with God [u]before[/u] the paraphernalia of Baal worship had been removed from the Temple.

I believe the church is dishonest with its members over this issue, and brethern are weakened by the terminological inexactitude that once they are born again, the spiritual warfare which they could never win before they received the Holy Spirit, is under control - when perhaps they are experiencing a worsening of the battle. We just don't like to think there may be spiritual strongholds in our mind or flesh - and yet, isn't this exactly what Paul was talking about in 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 and onwards, perhaps, about spiritual authority?

I have to go now, but let me say I am glad of this discussion.

I would add that Daniel has met delightful brethren in Christ through the Greg Violi connection, which he found through discovering the Art Katz connection with the church Art visited in Germany (not actually in the UK).

2009/5/1 3:43
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Alive-to-God,

One of my close brothers just traveled with brother Violi to Germany on this tour. Brother Violi has comes to our place of worship and has given Godly messages before, and I am sure that he will be invited back again. He has spoken at some of the House churches that I am in fellowship with. He has prayed over my wife before. Brother Violi will spend all night with those that he ministers to and asks for nothing in return but for an obidance to the Lord.

As some of may or may not know, I am a reserved man and want nothing to do with anything that may not be of God. But I will say this about this man...Brother Violi is one of the most humble and God fearing men that our fellowship has had the pleasure of meeting and fellowship with on a personal level.

Friends. I have seen my share of false fire, flesh, Charismania etc... from folks in the past. If I even discern a hint of it from someone or something, I am out the door and speak against it strongly and loudly.

Just a word of caution. Don't let the Todd Bentley's of the world ruin your trust in allowing the Holy Spirit to move in your midst. I almost became a victim of that myself.

Blessings my friends.

2009/5/1 5:19Profile
daniel-

Germany

Re:

Hello folks,

well, as Linn said Greg came to Germany and he stayed at my home with his wife and ministered 2 evenings. Later we also spend a whole conference with him. [edit: I wanted to add that he came to our place because it was on his heart to come and he received no money from us at all and was not interested in it]

He is not at all a charismania type of guy. He preaches repentance and the total depravity of man. One of the things he says is that our greatest hindrance to come into the presence of God is our sense of our own goodness.

Well, however he also teaches that we should honor one another because we were made in the image of God. But he surely does not teach the "goodness of man".

He preaches the word of repentance and humbling ourselves and also teaches about healing and deliverance, and well, I have seen many people healed and delivered and demons cast out and marriages changed.

Before judging I would encourage anyone the read his books or listen to his sermons (www.erweckt.de -> download) or come to the meetings.

If anyone has more questions..well, ask :-)

Daniel

2009/5/1 6:24Profile

Thank you Miccah and Daniel for your personal testimonies.

I now have the address for tonight's meeting, which commences at 6.30 pm.

2A Seaview Road
Drayton
Portsmouth
PO6 1EN

2009/5/1 6:30

Re:

Quote:
Definitely this man is not an evangelist and doesn't claim to be. I also note things on his website over which I have questions.

If we persist in overlooking the questionable things and still want to hear this man, we are endangering ourselves. It was VERY good of poster Narrowpath to have drawn this out, a little leaven leavens the whole lump, it's the little foxes that spoils the vineyard. A dash of error here, and pinch of falsehood there, and mix that around with some truth and anyone who is not looking is duped because, "he does speak some truth". Some truth is not good enough, we need to speak the whole truth nothing but the truth, so help us God. When it comes to the doctrine of Jesus Christ, it's important that we know what we are talking about. If we stray off into wives tales and get mixed up into superstitions we err, and an error in our doctrine is a serious offence, not because of knowledge but because our spirit is being polluted with unholy things. God has a way of holiness (I am not speaking of legalistic standards or dress) I am speaking of God's order of doing things the way He wants them to be done for that purpose and that situation, but He doesn't do something that is in line with what the New Age mediums are doing, or what the Word of Faith crowds are doing, that is not holiness.

Yes we have strongholds and things of that nature, but don't look to Greg Violi's methods of proving that this is the way to go.

I will share with you something that trips up the believer.

In a meeting such as his, or Todd Bentley, or Benny Hinn, or who ever. There is a lot of truth mixed in with some error thrown around in these meetings. We see a miracle and we automatically think that this man has to be from God, and if it's a genuine miracle than he certainly is. But the man may have the gift of the miraculous but lacks true doctrine and has some ideas that are not scriptural. It's by these things that men get into error because they have heard a little truth, and they see the miracle thus they conclude that he must be from God and when convinced of that they persist in following these ministers and thereby their spirit is tainted with untruths. Jesus said not to run after any man who says they have an anointing. When we follow Jesus, He would lead and guide us into all truth.

The same holds true to those that speak logic and reason. Brethren are captivated by men that make sense of the scriptures. No miracles or power of God is performed but they are convinced that the man is from God because of making sense to the natural thinking of man, thus they are convinced that what he is saying is truth so they cleave to that.

How can we be sure about anything? We can be sure if our faith is totally in Jesus Christ and not in any man. When we say things like, "Oh our Pastor is a great man of God, you should come to our church and hear him preach". We've all said it at one point and I still here it even amongst older saints. "Greg Violi is doing great things, come and hear him preach". "Come and listen to Leonard Ravenhill he's a powerful man of God". This is the beginning of the trap.

As great a man as Ravenhill was, we still can't look to him for answers. He would have pointed to Jesus saying, "don't look to me, look to Jesus". And when we look to Jesus for the answer, and God uses a man to deliver that answer, then so be it. We must never take our eyes off the prize.

2009/5/1 8:34
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thank you saints for your testimonies. It seems to me and my spirit that it could be good think to go and hear this brother share the word of God. But may we go with berean spirits checking everything to the word of God, and not being ashamed to approach the brother privately to share anything that was amiss. It seems to me overall he is a genuine brother.

2009/5/1 8:48Profile

Hello Deep Thinker,

Did you read the first chapter of the book on his website 'The King's Holy Beauty'?

Quote:
We can be sure if our faith is totally in Jesus Christ and not in any man...And when we look to Jesus for the answer, and God uses a man to deliver that answer, then so be it. We must never take our eyes off the prize...

Brother Violi would agree with you.

I think what Miccah said bears repeating here:

Quote:
As some of may or may not know, I am a reserved man and want nothing to do with anything that may not be of God. But I will say this about this man...Brother Violi is one of the most humble and God fearing men that our fellowship has had the pleasure of meeting and fellowship with on a personal level.

Friends. I have seen my share of false fire, flesh, Charismania etc... from folks in the past. If I even discern a hint of it from someone or something, I am out the door and speak against it strongly and loudly.

Just a word of caution. Don't let the Todd Bentley's of the world ruin your trust in allowing the Holy Spirit to move in your midst. I almost became a victim of that myself.

I've been able to have a longer conversation with Greg Violi this morning, and he really doesn't know many of the names that are familiar to us here. For instance, he asked where Carter Conlon preaches.

He also said that from the first year of his becoming a Christian, he had the word 'revival' pressed on him by God, and it has never left him. You know I haven't heard his preaching, but Daniel has put a link in his post above, so please do go and listen to him. The first sermon I began to listen to by him begins with a eulogy on the humility of God, in His coming as a man earth for us.

And, after reading the start of the book online at his website, which is packed with scripture references used in acceptable contexts, I don't yet see how this man has not been anointed by God, in the same way as other preachers who get a fair hearing on this website. Another message - 'The Lamb's Heart' - doesn't sound as if it was inspired by Christ's archenemy, either.

Perhaps the message God has given Greg Violi will fill a gap in our understanding, and his uniqueness is just another sign of God's sovreignty..?

I hope so. :-)

EDIT:

sermonindex said
Quote:
But may we go with berean spirits checking everything to the word of God, and not being ashamed to approach the brother privately to share anything that was amiss.

Greg, thank you for reminding us of this sound biblical advice.

2009/5/1 8:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy