SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : e-Sword!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
growingholly

e-Sword!!

hey, so probably you all know about this, but in case there are those who don't...there is a free (yes, free!) and wonderful program available for download. a guy went through and made this program and it has all the strong's greek and hebrew numbers. you just go into the book and you hover the mouse over the word and it shows the original language. it has been a tremendous blessing to me! it is a wonderful resource and is free. download here: [url=www.e-sword.net]e-Sword[/url]
hope this blesses many.

2009/3/26 15:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: e-Sword!!

This is a tremendous resource. I have used it many times for many years. Since I have used a mac computer I have not the opportunity to use it as much. But still a great resource.

2009/3/26 15:15Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Thanks, Holly,

Just downloaded it. Haven't had time to install and test, will report on that later.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/3/26 17:35Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Well, I got it installed but it is much more complicated that I thought. Is there any way to simplify the readout of the Bible? There are numbers after every single word and it will take a long time to learn to read around them.

Thanks,
white stone

2009/3/26 19:54Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

WhiteStone,

You may want to visit this page: http://www.e-sword.net/bibles.html

From there, you can download a King James version that will install into your e-Sword and does not have the Strong's references. The one you are looking for is simply called "King James Version" and is about 1/5 of the way down the page. Once you get it installed, there will be a new tab at the top of your Bible display which will allow you to switch in between them.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/3/26 21:01Profile
adamdawkins

Re:

I recommend giving e-Sword some time, it is a fantastic resource. I find the Strong's references and concordance particularly useful when looking up the meaning of the original Hebrew/Greek - clicking has got to be easier than the massive real-life books! (cheaper too!)

2009/3/26 21:50Profile
growingholly

Re:

most times what i have been doing is, i have the e-sword up and read out of my paper Bible, then i click on stuff when something stirs me or if i feel that God wants me to see the hrebrew in it. maybe also you could start with passages you are familiar with, and let the e-sword open them up yet more! oh, wow...

2009/3/27 21:51Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I don't mean to take away from e-Sword, I've heard it's wonderful! I use Online Bible and have used it for about 12 years. The only reason I haven't tried e-Sword is because I'm used to the Online Bible. I don't know everything e-Sword offers but since they are both free, I thought I'd mention OLB.

I even bought it just so I'd have it in case anything happened to the hard drive so I don't have to redownload everything again! $39.99 for about $800.00 worth of material. The only thing I don't like is all the homeschooling stuff they give you with it!! Don't stone me, I just don't have a need for it!!! (smiling)

[url=http://www.onlinebible.net/]Online Bible USA[/url]

[url=http://www.oninebible.net/programs.html]Free Program Starter Pack[/url]

God bless!!

2009/3/27 22:26Profile
dab

Kentucky

Re:

Installed it this morning, and it's great!!

2009/3/29 13:22Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I thought I would just add to this thread and highly recommend this resource. If you haven't downloaded it you should :) I downloaded it and any and all add ons that were free and it has been a major blessing to me and my family. I downloaded a step reader library that is availible and it contains a TON of books some of the Author's being John Bunyan, Jonathan Edwards, F.B. Meyers. all of which are my current favorite authors. Its a very vast resource that will enhance your study time and all of which is free of charge, You can however donate to help support the creator of E-Sword. If you find it hard to navigate at first there are instructional videos on the E-Sword website that help you learn the best way to get the most out of E-Sword.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/8/31 1:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy