SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Need to make a decision(Father has given me an answer)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Need to make a decision(Father has given me an answer)

About a month ago I posted concerning my dad. He is not saved and has had several near misses with his health. He has heart disease and an inoperable blocked artery. He has had several heart attacks and is only still with us because of Gods great mercy. The doctors have said they do not know how much time he has left, its a day by day situation. I have tried to share with my dad many times over the years and he has not wanted to listen. IT has always been the same, he either leaves, cuts me off, or just stays away. I found out that he wants to have a family visit and see his grandsons(my boys) because he does not know how much time he has left or if he will get to ever see them again. He only wants to see them in case this is the last time he is able to and I am not supposed to try and share with him about the Lord and neither are my sons. He does not want to speak about things that matter most, which is Jesus and his eternity. I just don't feel that I can see him under those terms or allow my boys to. I know that this may be all the time he has left but as long as he is refusing to listen then I am not sure what else there is left to say. Its really difficult for me with my dad, and I am praying for Father to show me His heart and will in all of this. I want to make the right decision.

God Bless
Maryjane

2009/3/23 19:25Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Need to make a decision

Dear MaryJane,

You do not wish to meet on his terms. However, if he is unsaved, the only joy he can ever have is here and now. Would you want to deny him that little bit.

Your sons may obey your wish and not see him but they will always feel they lost something and they will always see their mother as being hard toward her father as he lay dying.

As difficult as it may be for you, the Christian thing to do is to go in love and obey his wishes. You will never know if doing just that may be what he needs to see the difference. You would not want to live with that on your heart. Pay your respects and have mercy in your heart, for if God has not called him, there is no way you can force it.

What would this do to your mother to act that way, anyway? She is going to be around longer, if you are so hard on him, what could she expect?

white stone

2009/3/23 19:52Profile

Re: Need to make a decision

Mary Jane,
I don't know if this will help, but Jesus and i made this compilation about 5 years ago called "A Wee Story". I hope it may bless you and/or guide in some way.

at 3:12, the portion I think you might want to hear comes on the comp. May God bless you and God bless your dear father, neil

[url=http://www.fireonthealtar.com/compilations/neil%20g/A%20Wee%20Story2.mp3]A Wee Story[/url]

2009/3/23 20:22
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings White_stone
I should have given more information about this situation, sorry about that. My dad and mom are divorced. Sadly he left her after 40 years of marriage for a younger woman so they have not really spoken to each other in a while. She does not involve herself with anything to do with my dad in a long time.

I should also have mentioned that for most of my children lives my dad has been very uninvolved. He has only come around once in a while, maybe a handful of times in their lives. They are not close at all, although they do pray for him. They have tried a few times to share with him how they have been growing in the Lord but he is not interested in that. So he has in the past only come around when he feels guilty or wants to check in. Then we do not hear from him or see him unless I try to be in touch with him or he is sick. There isn't any kind of relationship or bond there. Also because of the way my dad has chosen to live his life has played apart in that as well.

The only way this visit can or will happen is for me to promise that I will not say one word to him about the Lord.He wants me to agree to that before hand. I have really been praying about this and it just keeps coming back that if I agree to this then I am putting my dad ahead of what Father has called me to do which is to share the truth with others. My dad is dying I know that and it is hard to think that he may leave this world continuing in his sin and rejecting the Lord and yet that may be what happens. In the end though, what matters most is Jesus, He died on that cross for my dad, would it be right of me to go and agree to this visit knowing that my dad openly rejects Jesus and the cross?

Thanks for your reply, some things for me to be praying about to be sure.

God Bless you
Maryjane

Edit: thank you Neil i will listen to this. I also want to make clear that I love my dad very much. Have shed many tears for him and spent much time in prayer. But in the end if he dies rejecting Jesus, I know it is not the Lords fault.My dad has heard the truth and refused it. With out the covering of Jesus blood each of us is accountable for our sins.

2009/3/23 20:44Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
I have really been praying about this and it just keeps coming back that if I agree to this then I am putting my dad ahead of what Father has called me to do which is to share the truth with others.

If the Lord has specifically told you that you should not see your dad, then you should not see him.

However, please be aware that it may be that the Lord wants you to visit with your dad. I have often found that it is with the people that I pray for that the Lord requires me to do difficult things. Often, at the time, they seem contrary, but then later prove themselves to be exactly the right thing.

"Sharing the Truth" does not always require speaking directly about the Lord. It is in everything that you do that you share the Truth - especially with your dad, who already knows where you stand. It just may be that you and your sons going to see him, even though you would rather not, will be the thing that turns his heart.

I will be praying that you see His will in the matter.

2009/3/23 21:21Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

I suggest you meet with him, based on the Scriptural command to honor our fathers and mothers. You have tried to share with him, and he has rejected it. Who knows, perhaps your honoring him in the midst of this will be used of the Lord to soften his heart?

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/3/23 21:25Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi MaryJane,

I would never encourage anyone from verbally witnessing for our Lord but have you thought of this as a test. What I mean is that the Lord Jesus Christ accepted us as sinners with no prerequisites, only believe in His accomplished work.

Can you trust the Lord to use you and your family as a witness to your dad through His accomplished works in you? Can you simple show your dad through the fruit of the Holy Spirit the Love of our Saviour.

This may be what your dad is looking for and this may be the test you are being asked to pass.
To show your dad the unconditional love of Jesus Christ and leave the results to the Saviour of our souls.

We will be praying for you, your family, and your dad.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2009/3/23 21:26Profile
Nellie

Re:

Mary Jane,
May our God in Heaven, through the Power of the Holy Spirit, in the Name of Jesus, His Son, help you make this very difficult decision.
I ask God to give you His Peace during this time.
It would be a hard decision for me, because I haven't had to deal with a situation like this.

My Brother died at 78, and I didn't win him to the Lord, but someone else was able to get through
to him. He wasn't saved long before he died.

May God give you His Wisdom concerning this.

God Bless you.
Nellie

2009/3/23 21:42Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you all for your replies. I have much to pray about. I am very thankful to have brothers and sister in Christ willing to share and pray with me during difficult times.

God Bless you all
MJ

2009/3/23 22:57Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings
I have been thinking about what some of you have shared here with me and praying about it tonight. Its really been on my heart. I shared with my son your posts, after reading them over he asked me a question that I can't answer. He said "Mom if I see him and I spend time with him knowing he is believing a lie, knowing that he could be dieing and I say nothing, knowing where he will go when he dies, how is that the right thing to do. Knowing he will spend eternity in hell and I agree to just say nothing, just doesn't seem right does it?"

I still don't know how to respond to him.

God Bless
Maryjane

2009/3/24 2:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy