SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Praying for the Lord to visit us

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Praying for the Lord to visit us

Greetings all,

This morning after a short time in prayer I had an idea of sharing passages of scripture that we could use to encourage each other and to pray with, in seeking the Lord to visit us.

If others are willing, I thought that we could offer passages of scripture here to pray over, and maybe with a few short comments or suggestions how we could respond to what we read.

May the Lord's mercies come also unto us, according to His word.

2009/3/15 17:08Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Praying for the Lord to visit us

Two passages that came to mind this morning,

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh."

- Ezekiel 36:26(KJV)

"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

- Ephesians 4:32(KJV)

Hebrews 3:13

Have our hearts become hard in any way towards God or man.

2009/3/15 17:13Profile
wtninChrist

Muscle Shoals, AL

JOHN 3:27,ROMANS 5:6, I CORINTHIANS 2:16,

2009/3/15 17:29Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

wtninChrist, thank you very much for the contribution for prayer.

I hope that others might be interested in sharing something here. I hope that this could be something useful to us, unless it is not good in the Lord's eyes.

Wish you all well.

2009/3/16 17:52Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

[i]This was another passage that came to mind for me[/i]

"And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

Malachi 4:6(KJV)

Praying over our homes and familes and communities that are broken.

2009/3/16 17:58Profile

*Praying for the Lord to visit us

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/index.php?search=++people+praise&searchtype=all&version1=9&spanbegin=1&spanend=73&startnumber=26&startnumber=1]He Honors and Inhabits our Praises.[/url]

2009/3/16 18:18
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh."

Pray that we would stop making promises to God that we only break in the end, and with childlike faith, trust in the "I will's" of this verse. Wait on Him for it is God who is at work in you to will and to do of His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).

In Christ,

Ron

2009/3/16 19:53Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

InTheLight wrote:
Quote:

Pray that we would stop making promises to God that we only break in the end, and with childlike faith, trust in the "I will's" of this verse. Wait on Him for it is God who is at work in you to will and to do of His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).

In Christ,

Ron

I love these verse in which the Lord piles on the first-Person pronouns, and in which He is the Subject and I am the object. The Law says, "You will do this, you will do that, you, you, you, it's all on you." The God of grace says, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh."

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

2009/3/16 20:20Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Thank you all for your contributions, reminding us to remember the [i]I will's[/i] as well as the [i]be ye's[/i] and [i]take heeds[/i].

2009/3/16 20:39Profile
dohzman

i was humbled to recieve a message from the Lord which I entitle: "Recovering the presence of God"

here's the scripture: Luk 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luk 11:10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Luk 11:11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
Luk 11:12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

I won't lay out the whole, but a brief part of the finial of 3 parts, : Knock, Jesus knocked at the door of the hearts of the church of the Laodiceans, in the same way we have an opportunity to knock at the Door of our Fathers heart and share in His vision, burden, direction, to become a partaker of the divine nature of God.

And so I guess I am backwards, I would rather pursue me visiting God rather than Him visiting me, the end results are probably all the same though.

2009/3/16 23:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy