SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be Alert! David Wilkerson's "latest" prophecy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quoting Mr. Prasch: [i]"Mr. Wilkerson discredited himself and his ministry in his [u]shameful and stupid[/u] visit [b]several years ago[/b] to the UK, and this has made many British Christians who had admired him in times past skeptical, not of his integrity, but of his credibility."[/i]

I pray that Carter Conlon reads this from you so he can pray with the others for you and for many of us.

Just this one part is still stuck in my heart like a barb.

".... stupid visit [b]SEVERAL[/b] YEARS AGO ...."

ALL that can be shaken Will Be Shaken and Judgment begins at the house of GOD.

As ye sow - so shall ye reap.

Mr. Prasch - look at a recent video of TSC and look into the eyes of that choir - many of which were saved off the streets of [b]NYC[/b] and think about what you've said in this quote about something done SEVERAL years ago and then check your own life with HIM and ask yourself if you'd want any of your former followers to dig up your history and post it publically.

What were [i]you[/i] doing on 9/10/01? We know what TSC was doing in [b]NYC[/b].

Paul told Timothy to watch "his life" and doctrine closely, in the Pastoral Epistles - along with many other instructions about how to treat such situations 'in the church' - besides - "ye which are spiritual...." "... considering yourselves...." "...instructing with meekness and gentleness" - Etc.

I'm sure the members and choir and Pastors and Elders at TSC forgive you. Unfortunately, I live too far away from them. I'd love David to pray for me again.

Also felt I should clarify for whomever - The Midrash debate was not on Moriel's forum as you 'may' remember it or those who came onto the other man's forum from yours to get us - not Several years ago - just 6, come this July.

But Yes you are right in that you can't fault David Wilkerson's Integrity, nor his Kindness / mercy / long-suffering / patience / forebearance .......

With much prayer, I hope to grow more into that fruit increasingly, as well as the Shalom that's shared at TSC, thanks to the shepherds & elders there ... Amen Shalom~Shalom - HIS self-sacrificial Shalom they enjoy. Amen!

2009/3/14 3:04
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:
Such rules as prophets must name dates and be 100% correct is erronous!

Greg,

I agree that prophets don't have to set definite dates all the time, but are you saying that a person doesn't necessarily have to get his prophecies right 100%? If the prophet is not right every time, then we are told not to be afraid of him (Deu. 18:22).

2009/3/14 9:17Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Fear

Quote:
Mr. Prasch - look at a recent video of TSC ...

Also felt I should clarify for whomever - The Midrash debate was not on Moriel's forum as you 'may' remember it or those who came onto the other man's forum from yours to get us - not Several years ago - just 6, come this July.

Brother, no one here is privy to your personal grievances with them, this is not a place for airing them out. Mr. Prasch is not present on this forum, you might want to direct these things directly to him.

Quote:
"Mr. Wilkerson discredited himself and his ministry in his shameful and stupid visit several years ago to the UK, and this has made many British Christians who had admired him in times past skeptical, not of his integrity, but of his credibility."

This and the laughing matter mentioned - Would like to hear or see evidence of these things, if they are true or not - I am unbiased and have no regard for second hand information - Neither to defend nor accuse - Facts please. Evidence. Context.

[i]"In the final analysis, David Wilkerson's prophetic warning should be heeded."[/i] [url=http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001aqj1QInodGRMWw12uBg7Vy9zI19A_29z3w2Dyg-yocnYEEMD-B3vx4ZLP7jUWoisDyiycL7yT-qNDtJQLGYvokT0o9oPPVVhab_5a-E_KmDQCN-ibsJPb9YsjesPNaSdyvd4K251ukMJl8fsILnrCG3w5XHg6XbrEBtjWhgvlNW9IgPhNkQ5NVEx_uusL79kGAsXyZkqHx7oJlkgAww-1QWszr1BbHbYcfosYBgq5ZFW00XQpW-Zug%3D%3D]Paul McGuire[/url]

From the article linked in the original post. I am not in agreement with them however.

From the same:

Quote:
However, [u]what if[/u] God did reveal something to David Wilkerson? [u]What if[/u], for example, what he saw was a consequence of an Israeli strike against Iran where computer guided missiles from Russia and other nations were launched. Intelligence experts are aware of the fact that there are thousands of missiles aimed at major U.S. cities and vice versa that are on a hair-trigger alert. [u]What if[/u] Iran attacked Israel and that action precipitated a nuclear missile exchange ...

[i]What if ..[/i]

What if ...

Some zealots started fires in NYC, just to get the ball rolling - Help out a little.

I wonder about ... the FDNY and NYPD - Have they taken notice? Wonder how they have welcomed all this ... suggestion.

What if ...

We take this all seriously and make a run on the grocery stores and while were at it, the banks as well.

What if, you stub your toe or your alternator goes out or ...

The sun shines, the economy improves, a revival hits NYC and beyond or any combination thereof.

What if ...
What then?

How long will these things go on and why is it always surrounding present circumstances? Be it 1992, 2009 or Y2K? The news is read and the prophecies are extrapolated out of them - Are they 'direct revelation' or something else entirely?

Look at the obsession with post after post about all this. 2 months from now, all forgotten? - on to the next thing?

You want to cause injury to your spirit? Go on reading these things, absorb all that the news presents you as speculative fact- That is what they are implying - Conspiracy theories which may even have a hint or even more truth to them- Do you know which is which?

Take a real honest look around you. Are we in [i]fact[/i] [b]in[/b] the 'great depression II'? Is it so? Are the streets on fire and deserted? Martial law - Troops in the streets - Chaos and commotion - Executives launching themselves out the windows on Wall Street?

Do you fully know what today or tomorrow will bring?

Just what [i]are[/i] the facts? What [i]is[/i] the evidence?

I would turn no ones head around in ignorance, nor plead for an alternative - short of ...

Faith for [i]fear[/i] - Because right now the imaginations of our fallen minds are ruling the day and we are far too bound up in them. Speculative fears- Imaginative fears - Remember the quaint little acronym? F.E.A.R?

[b]F[/b]alse
[b]E[/b]vidence
[b]A[/b]ppearing
[b]R[/b]eal

What biblical precedence do we have, what scriptural warrant do we have for this aptitude and attitude? None that I know of.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=27885&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]An Instructive Truth[/url]

2009/3/14 10:40Profile
psalm1

Re:

quote;
"We are warned not to sharply rebuke an older man, and we do not wish to. However, his teaching was a barrage of silly unscriptural junk not supported by the cited text in context and not of God. This however was the prelude to his supreme betrayal of those who trusted him.

Mr. Wilkerson spoke of being on the ground laughing unable to get up because God's Hand was on him. The Fruit of The Spirit is 'Self Control' (ekreitei) not the lack if it. The fact that he 'could not get up' proves it was not God's Hand that was upon him. The Word of God teaches the very antithesis"

WOW DAVE GOT HIT BY THE HOLY GHOST???

This also happened to me.

Don'T you just love it when the skeptic gets hit?
How wonderful. Yes those Holy Spirit experiences are so precious. It will take a person a million miles.
I hear this is still happening at Toronto and with Rodney Howard Browne.

GO FOR IT DAVE!!!

2009/3/14 12:28Profile
psalm1

Re:

double post

2009/3/14 12:30Profile

Re:

I respect Sermon Index for how they have handled all that has come from, or at TSC but may I say that this response has dissappointed.

I would like to know if Mr. Prasch had appealed to Mr. Wilkerson before he decided to email slander to his select mailing list.

I had reason for clarifying 'which' forum. It was very important to clarify - and the reasons why it was very important to clarify I kept to myself.

"What if" your "what if" never entered anyone's mind to start fires until now?

What has happened to "giving others the benefit of the doubt", when we don't know what they've been through - could never endure it ourselves - or who they are - nor haven't had the ministry that they have had or are ignorant of what "root of bitterness" that they've been exposed to [i]from[/i] others and continue on with attacking a man who's church loves him dearly - a man who's slate is far more clean than those who feel the liberty to assault his character & decisions?

2009/3/14 12:43
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Logic...

Quote:
Mr. Wilkerson spoke of being on the ground laughing unable to get up because God's Hand was on him.

I wonder if you have a citation of Wilkerson's own writing that verifies such a claim? It just seems so unlike him and his messages. Then again, there are plenty of people who have laid accusations toward him in the past...which proved to be unsubstantiated or untrue.

:-(

2009/3/14 13:05Profile

Re:

Someone said, somewhere, sometime ago in some place that Wilkerson had submitted to these manifestations.
Must be true if they, whoever, the parties involved had witnessed such things.
Surely we cannot discount such a solid testimony as these who had been where ever it was
that these events allegedly occurred.

2009/3/14 13:21
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Someone said, somewhere, sometime ago in some place that Wilkerson had submitted to these manifestations.
Must be true if they, whoever, the parties involved had witnessed such things.

Well not exactly true. I can't remember the sermon where this rumor came from...I'm thinking 'A Reproach Among the Heathen'...But he said, in fact, the opposite. He said that there were times of great joy in the Holy Spirit where he lay in his office in prayer and laughed with great joy. The context of what he said was to avoid the foolishness of what was going on in places like Toronto where a man slaps you on the forehead to knock you down into uncontroled laghter.

Rumors in the past have also circulated that he divorced his wife and left the ministry. All of which are untrue.

Blessings,
Jeremy Hulsey

2009/3/14 13:59Profile

oh Lord have mercy!

this thread is so tiresome, I can't even convey it in human words.

Its just the same dysfunctional pattern over and over again....whether it be the whole Cal/Arm/Pelg scrum match, or the Bible translation "debate", or the never-ending "heretick" hunt, just a stench! ALL OF IT!

I don't need Pastor Wilkerson to tell me to stash up 30 days worth of food, I got Jesus as my Advisor, and I've been doing that for years, a lot more stuff too, and that includes plenty of extra Bibles.

I been studying Isaiah, I'm in the Book of Judgement, chapters 1 thru 39, now thats prophecy. God love Pastor Dave, personally I wouldnt have wrote what he did, but thats me, who am I to tell another man what to testify. God love this Mr. Prasch, I dont know even know who he is, but i wouldnt have come out swinging like he did, but thats just me, but I'll tell you what......it seems to me that Christians just a kick out of devouring and backbiting one another. I guess it's a way to pass the time, to work up a righteous adrenalin rush by bashing one another.

a stench and a reproach, thats what I say, and would to God, you all let this thread die the death it deserves.

If you're in "fear", get on your knees, ask the Holy Ghost to fill you with Faith, and if you get the leading, go hit the grocery store, order a box of Bibles, straighten up your tool kit, make sure you can live without electricity, etc etc etc.

But this backbiting and devouring?

thats the food of the devil....starve him.

in Jesus' love, neil

2009/3/14 13:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy