SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : 1 John 1:8

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

Thomasm, God bless you, but please, read all of what I have posted before combating pieces of it. I have in no manner from the beginning or until now said that we are to be doing anything of our own works. I have spoken about this time and time again so far. If you read all of what I have written you will find no room to believe that what I am speaking of is the falling from grace that the Galatians experienced. Being sinless isn't falling from grace. Its called being in grace. Romans 6:14

2009/3/10 3:07Profile
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re:

Dear Matt, My post had absolutely nothing to do with your posts, it was a reply to the first post.

I do believe that in Christ, with His nature we can rise above sin, not at all saying we cannot sin or will not sin, or that we do not have to confess our sin, when we do fall, so that our conscience remains clean.

There is a place in Christ where we lose ourselves and take on His nature, but very few have found it, because very few dare to believe it. Everything in Christ is attained by simple faith, in what He has already done.

LOVE IN CHRIST
tom

2009/3/10 3:25Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

Agreed, and very sorry for the assumption. Please forgive me as I am sure you will. Thanks and God bless.

2009/3/10 13:37Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

I have never in any of my posts claimed that i have , or have not been, sanctified completely . I have however and will forever proclaim, as scripture does, that they who are sanctified and He that sanctifies are one. This oneness will bring about a total cleasing from all sin in the flesh all sin the soul and all sin in our spirit. Jesus only had to Clean the disciples feet WHY WHY WHY??? did He not clean the rest of thier Bodies at that time?? Jesus told them that His words have already cleaned the rest of the body,, The bible everywhere affirms and commands and promises to cleanse us and from all Sin and then too FILL US WITH ALL THE FULNESS OF GOD and it says that this is to happen in this life,meaning that we can and are to Have a body here now Wholly Filled and Flooded with God Himself, My body cleansed from all philthiness and Filled with God !,, My body a temple of God ! ,, My body a habitation of God ! , These are commands from God , reject them and you reject Him , not Me, with every command , God Gives us . He also Gives to us a precious promise of fulfilment through believing the promises , and that is why everything that IS NOT FAITH IS A SIN,.

2009/3/10 20:37Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

matt , just because the flesh serves sin does not mean or imply or prove that paul has sin in His flesh by nature . tha t is not what paul is implying. where Jesus said , that; " that which is born of spirit is spirit and that which is born of flesh is flesh, " is simply saying that what is done from the holy spirit is spirtual, and that that which is done from the flesh is sin..it is sin because self seeking is the whole of Sin.

paul is not saying anything about a constitutional sin nature in His flesh. He never does say ,or imply this anywhere in the bible ..if sin, is by our, or part of our nature, what we would do , left to ourselves. then salvation by the atonement would be by justice, and not by Grace. the notion of a sinful substance of flesh,does not fit all truth. it does not consist with other sound doctrine. I know that you will see this as you go with God in your studies of His word God bless you brother , sincerely , Clint .

2009/3/10 21:21Profile

Re:

I love this dialogue that continues between 4 posters that are in total agreement ON EVERY ISSUE. Actually, if we look close, they are ALL saying the same thing. Four “different” posters, with identical grammatical and posting style and vocabulary, all in identical Doctrinal error!

The four posters (Christinyou, MattChenier,Clintstone, & Thomasm) that could very well be one poster, masquerading as four.

[b]Have you “four” noticed that you are talking and dialoguing among "yourselves", but refuse to do so with others?[/b]

Sincerely,

Walter

Quote:

clintstone wrote:
matt , just because the flesh serves sin does not mean or imply or prove that paul has sin in His flesh by nature . tha t is not what paul is implying. where Jesus said , that; " that which is born of spirit is spirit and that which is born of flesh is flesh, " is simply saying that what is done from the holy spirit is spirtual, and that that which is done from the flesh is sin..it is sin because self seeking is the whole of Sin.

paul is not saying anything about a constitutional sin nature in His flesh. He never does say ,or imply this anywhere in the bible ..if sin, is by our, or part of our nature, what we would do , left to ourselves. then salvation by the atonement would be by justice, and not by Grace. the notion of a sinful substance of flesh,does not fit all truth. it does not consist with other sound doctrine. I know that you will see this as you go with God in your studies of His word God bless you brother , sincerely , Clint .

2009/3/10 22:17
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote from Walter
I love this dialogue that continues between 4 posters that are in total agreement ON EVERY ISSUE. Actually, if we look close, they are ALL saying the same thing. Four “different” posters, with identical grammatical and posting style and vocabulary, all in identical Doctrinal error!

The four posters (Christinyou, MattChenier,Clintstone, & Thomasm) that could very well be one poster, masquerading as four.

Have you “four” noticed that you are talking and dialoguing among "yourselves", but refuse to do so with others?
--------------------------------------------------
This seems like a very big assumption on your part, as I have only made two posts on this thread. I also agree with you on many points, does that make us one and the same person also.

My first post was a reply to the original question, and having read the entire thread, no one to my knowledge, has given this understanding of 1John 1:8.
Please explain my doctrinal error, I do not hold a " I know it all attitude" and I am open for debate on any doctrine, but not easy shaken or moved.

LOVE in CHRIST tom

2009/3/10 23:20Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
2Co 8:19 And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:
Php 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Php 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
Php 4:2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.
1Pe 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

Could this possibly be the reason, "One mind in Christ Jesus.

And the revelation of Christ by the Holy Spirit, that His life is the most important concept we can agree on. This same mind that was in Christ, do we not have full access to it by revelation of the "another Comforter", bringing us to the things Christ has said and what He now says about His life in the believer, making son's of God by the Incorruptable Seed of the Father birthed in the believer.

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

1 Peter 1:22-25 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

The Word Himself in us. John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

But now we comprehend; John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Colossians 1:27-28 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

The whole God Head makes His abode with and in us.

Doing Gods Plan from before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:3-10 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

In Christ: Phillip

2009/3/11 1:33Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

brother Phillip , excelent post. anointed..

2009/3/11 17:07Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

Waltern,

Perhaps you should consider your motives for that last post. Love?

2009/3/11 18:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy