SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Krispy is disheartened

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Amen, Robert... good word.

Krispy

2009/2/8 8:14
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Rebecca & Mike

Since I have been reading the past few days in John 13 – 15, the thoughts expressed in it are fresh on my mind. Jesus knows His time is at hand. In light of that fact, He is overcome with love for His disciples. It is in this setting that out of that compelling love, He washes their feet.

By the time He gets to 15, in the spirit of this love and knowing He is not going to be around much longer, it is here that He advises them to, ‘Love each other as I have loved you’. Later He says, ‘This is my command: Love each other’ and again, ‘If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world’.

As Christians, we hang between two worlds. We are no longer loved by the world and then sadly at times we are not loved by our fellow Christians. Rebecca, you were misunderstood. It does not give you the right to not love. It does not give you the right to lash out the way you did. Mike, you got irritated. It does not give you the right to not love. It does not give you the right to react the way you did.

If we cannot love one another, who will love us? I think it would go a long way to see each of you apologize in all sincerity and with no excuses or attached strings. Satan got his foot in the door with both of you. We are all better than that. Those who are watching, deserve to see it.

Mike Jones

2009/2/8 8:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Proverbs 27:15

Quote:
Mike, you got irritated. It does not give you the right to not love. It does not give you the right to react the way you did.

I did indeed.

Am not very fond of all the conjecture and attraction of this and find myself in this peculiar pickle that would rather just stay silent.

The last thing is a defense but if I must set the record straight ...

This is not at all forthcoming, the icon is descriptive enough and it is a clever dodge to attribute it all to being confused. Nevertheless giving the benefit of the doubt the apology was offered.

Due to this legalistic mindset that has shown it's colors here on many an occasion I was not at all surprised when the next matter of order was some vague leading question intended to put me on the spot as was noted prior when things were thrown into an uproar in same like manner not many weeks prior.

The 'love' factor ... Likely to be misconstrued but if anything that has challenged me to the core it has been to attempt to mitigate these forums over the years. It still to this day pains me to be confrontational, it's not in my DNA and it is even more difficult to even speak of my self ... at all, in this manner. The great 'peacekeeper' in the family, it is my bent but I see far more the failures, my wretchedness ... any of this attention just gives me the willies. To put myself into a place of having to challenge the disruptive, to ... 'rebuke', that difficult word that is easily portrayed as and often full of it's own pride ...

What's love got to do with it? Everything. If I leaned on my bent towards alleviating and avoiding it then I should not be here at all. It costs something to do this, to do these things. Even now I find myself purposefully being general, unwilling to come out with it in a personal fashion.

The issue is larger than this recent commotion. Krispy hit on it in his last mention, it will either come to the surface and be resolved or ...

This forum is not a place for being contentious and that is the matter before us. It is painful but necessary, the following;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=25939&forum=34&post_id=212207&refresh=Go]The Wise Woman and the Foolish Woman[/url]

2009/2/8 9:31Profile

Re: Krispy is disheartened

Revival isn't going to break out because we are on SI. Revival will break out when we separate ourselves from things that can cause distractions.

I see that revival will break out when we focus on Christ alone and not so much on theological rhetoric. And of course that it is not only a community revival but more so a personal revival.

Its all about Christ or its nothing! :-) :-)

2009/2/8 9:51
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:

The issue is larger than this recent commotion. Krispy hit on it in his last mention, it will either come to the surface and be resolved or ...

Mike,

I have read your post several times and the one you provided a link to. Believe me when I say that I am aware of the truth expressed in Krispy's statement.

As far as 'purposefully being general', I think both of us have decided it the wiser of the two possible paths. The challenge in it though, is to somehow still be specific.

It is tempting to pick a side, but in doing that, someone wins and someone loses. I had truly hoped that [b]both[/b] could see their their own fault. If that could happen I believe it is all any of us could ever hope for.

I hold to that hope.

2009/2/8 11:22Profile
live4jc

Re:

Hi Krispy,

I too was encouraged to read about the work that God did in your heart recently. One of the things you wrote about, that spoke the most to me, was about how God enabled you to forgive those people who had said unkind and untrue things about you as a football coach, behind your back.

Forgiveness is really the crux of Christianity isn't it ? You could say that it is embodied in the "take up your cross daily" and in the "we love him because he first loved us". What I have found in my own life, is that I can desire to forgive those who have wronged me and can pray for this forgiveness earnestly. But when God does a deep work in this area, he can accomplish this deep work of enabling me to forgive, in an instant - as I'm sure you can testify to.

What you wrote about forgiveness, reminds me of something God did in my heart last year. Last year, I found myself in a place of needing to forgive my neighbour. See his dogs were barking, and doing it a lot- and it was getting on my nerves. They barked during the day when I was trying to work ( I work out of a home office) and they barked during the night when I was trying to sleep (at least they were consistent
:-) )

Anyways, I tried to rectify this problem by talking things through with my neighbour, and at first, he was really cooperative and managed to keep his dogs a lot more quiet. But then for some reason they began barking more vigorously than ever, and you could say I began barking to my wife-complaining about my neighbour.

But then God grabbed me by the collar (so to speak) and spoke to me about my attitude. He did this through an article I read that was by Leonard Ravenhill.

Here's the part that got to me :

"Have the Holiness people set a guard at the door of the beauty parlors lest any sister should enter to get her hair curled, while a block away there is a string of prostitutes trying to sell their sin-wracked bodies with none to tell them of eternal love?"

When I read this, I wept. The Holy Spirit convicted me of hating my neighbour because of not keeping his dogs under control, and all the while I cared little for something that was of much greater importance- his eternal soul. After God dealt with me, every time I would hear the dogs bark, God would use this as a reminder to pray for my neighbour. I was amazed to see a few things. First, the dogs stopped barking a short time after I started praying. Secondly, and more importantly, God took the bitterness for my neighbour out of my heart. This winter, I have been finding that both of us have been shovelling each others walks at times. I have invited him to come to my church, and am praying that he comes out sometime soon. I give God praise for what He's done in our relationship.

Well, I wanted to share this because it was similar to what you have gone through. I hope that it will encourage you that the work that God has done in your heart has been a blessing to me and others. "God's mercies endure forever".

In Jesus,
John

2009/2/8 14:07Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

RebeccaF wrote:
If you look at all the talk they were having about Lynard Skynard, unless you are a Lynard Skynard fan you would be confused too.

This totally lost me, but I am easy to lose,:-?
but we are "ALL" God's children, more than likely " I am not sure" these folks probably need our Prayers more than most. I am a fan of everyone, that means every single one of God's children, that's not to say that I condone what some are doing or hang around with them, but according to the Bible I am reading,I am supposed to Love all of them, unless I missed something here. :-)

2009/2/8 14:48Profile

Re:

Quote:
Revival isn't going to break out because we are on SI. Revival will break out when we separate ourselves from things that can cause distractions.

Revival will break out one heart at a time... and mine has recently been added to the list.

Thats my testimony, and I'm stickin' to it! :-)

Krispy

2009/2/8 15:52
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Krispy is my hero, when I grow up I want to be just like him, go Kevin Harvick! Dale is smiling down on you, it's going to be a good year...

2009/2/8 16:26Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Don't get your hopes up just yet. On the other hand, enjoy it while you can.

2009/2/8 16:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy