SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God has changed Krispy's life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
JoanM

Re: God has changed Krispy's life

Krispy: I think several on SI are in a similar process. God's heart for us? Answers to the prayer of many for the site/Brothers and Sisters?

You wrote: [i]It's not that I had some great sin in my life, or anything like that. I just fell to my knees and cried out to God "I can not do this on my own! I need you to do it thru me! I'm so tired... I can't go on like this!"[/i]

There is a lot I would like to say. You might enjoy a report by Hudson Taylor from Wikipedia.

[u]In summary[/u]:
Hudson Taylor labored many years (16) in China before he discovered a "secret" in 1869.

In 1869 Hudson was influenced by a book called "Christ Is All" by Stephen H. Tyng given to him by a fellow missionary. He referred to his new understanding of abiding in Christ for the rest of his life. He was quoted by fellow missionary Charles Henry Judd as saying: ”Oh, Mr. Judd, God has made me a new man!”

The Old Paths, Issue 17, July 2007, page 16-17, describes some of this in the article “J. Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret.” [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15601&forum=16]Link here.[/url] Its the 4th artical listed from the bottom.

There is even an SI thread on this: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=404&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]Link here.[/url]

Among many other things, I would not be surprised if your prayer-life grows. Hudson Taylor found that to be the case. It IS the Spirit of God that works.

To God be the Glory
Joan

2009/2/7 2:58Profile

Re:

Mike... I hope Billy's salvation was real.

Unfortunately Johnny is wrong about his brother and the "band up in heaven". I dont think they're playing "Down South Jukin'" in heaven. Johnny is a nice guy and all, but he has the typical southern Bible belt attitude of "me and Jesus are cool with each other... He looks away while I do a little sinnin'".

I dont know when the funeral is or was for Billy, but boy I hope whoever "officiated" laid out the gospel in no uncertain terms.

Hey... at least we know Charlie Daniels will be there! He'll share the gospel, no doubt.

I found an obscure CD a couple years ago by a Christian rock band that Billy was in called "Vision". This CD was released before Skynyrd reunited in 1987. The music is pretty good... but son, when the piano solos start... there is no doubt who it is that's playing. Awesome stuff.

I'm glad to hear Dale say what she said. She and Gary claim to be born again too. This has got to be tough on Gary... he's the only one left... and he isnt even 60 yet. And he'd been with some of these guys in Skynyrd since elementary school.

We need to hold these guys up in prayer... for salvation for those not saved, and a deeper walk for those that are.

I know Johnny wants to continue Skynyrd, but this is the biggest blow since the plane crash in my opinion. I just dont see how you can replace Billy. And legally the agreement with Ronnie's widow is they could use the Skynyrd name as long as there were 3 original members in the band... and they are now down to only 1. She's been very gracious, but at some point you gotta say "ok, time to put this to bed".

Krispy

2009/2/7 5:59

Re:

:-(

2009/2/7 9:41
rookie

Re: God has changed Krispy's life

Brother Krispy wrote:

Quote:
Well, anyway... this is fragmented and probably doesnt make any sense to most of you, I'm sure. But suffice it to say that God has wrought a miracle in my life, a regenerated heart... something. Not sure what it is, but it is.

And since this forum is mostly for debating and arguing, this new change in my heart is the reason I have not had much to say here lately.

This reminds me of this Scripture...

....................................................................................

Job 33:
25 His flesh shall be young like a child’s,
He shall return to the days of his youth.
26 He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him,
He shall see His face with joy,
For He restores to man His righteousness.
27 Then he looks at men and says,
“I have sinned, and perverted what was right,
And it did not profit me.’
28 He will redeem his soul from going down to the Pit,
And his life shall see the light.
29 “Behold, God works all these things,
Twice, in fact, three times with a man,
30 To bring back his soul from the Pit,
That he may be enlightened with the light of life.

.......................................................................................

Paul prays....

.......................................................................................

Eph 1:

17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling,...

......................................................................................

You are the testimony of our Lord Jesus...

God Bless

2009/2/7 10:49Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:

Mike... I hope Billy's salvation was real

Ya know brother, I have a hard time with these things, but in a different sense ... If we cannot know with any real certainty and we want or start to speculate ... maybe it's just my preference to leave it alone, take it ... take their word for it? So many intangibles, so much info we are not privy to.

Tooling around found a mention of the church he attended out in Jacksonville, looked to be pretty solid ...

Recognizing all these things you mentioned, about Johnny and that mindset .... I can only add that [i]such were some of you[/i] footnote. I had a great deal of those notions in what turned out to be a very long, arduous process, maybe the longest conversion on record depending on where you want to put a peg down - somewhere in the realm of what, 35 years? People change, grow up - are influenced in so many ways - It may be that Billy had or has had more of an effect on the rest than we may ever know. Maybe even right now when the sobriety of it all is so pressing and deep.

All interesting to me the timing - Last week a friends father died, yesterday the anniversary of my beloved Ma's death and myself being in this odd season of circumstances, my ... devotions have gone cold, the brain is maxed out with too many cares, responsibilities, work primarily ... fears, rumors - finances -

Quote:
We need to hold these guys up in prayer... for salvation for those not saved, and a deeper walk for those that are.

Amen to that. Not even contending here brother, just some random sound bites.

Rebbecca, if I may say this ... respectfully, just what is your problem here?

2009/2/7 11:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Last week a friends father died, yesterday the anniversary of my beloved Ma's death and myself being in this odd season of circumstances, my ... devotions have gone cold, the brain is maxed out with too many cares, responsibilities, work primarily ... fears, rumors - finances -

Mike, you are not alone...and one may wonder where is God in all this mix? Included in this is family relationships gone sour, loved ones walking away from God...grievous times.

Now, I will back off - just wanted you to know others are in a similar quandary..

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/2/7 12:27Profile

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:

Rebbecca, if I may say this ... respectfully, just what is your problem here?

Excuse me???

2009/2/7 14:17

Re:

Quote:
Excuse me???

Did you burp?

Krispy

2009/2/7 16:23

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote: