SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God has changed Krispy's life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Dear brother Steve,

Thank you for sharing. It gives testimony to the mercy and grace of God towards each of us. How good He is, and how we need Him!

[i]"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ...And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Phil. 1:6, 9-11[/i]

May God bless you with the fulfillment of these verses in you and your family.

Your sister,
Joy

2009/2/4 16:30

Re:

Quote:
Well my experience with you is ALOT different than with some. All I have to say is that I am glad to hear the bloody carnage is over. Atleast I hope so. The Lord has been teaching me how to keep my scars buried with Him and I thank God for that because they are innumerable.

Not sure how to take that, sister... but ok.

If I've ever done anything to cause you scars you certainly have my deepest apologies. I hope you can forgive me.

Krispy

2009/2/4 16:32
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Dear Brother,

I was at my son and his wife's this afternoon and telling them that something had changed in you by what I read on the "Smoking Sin?" thread. The Lord has done something in you Brother, because then I come home and here is this new thread! Praise God for His faithfulness.

This has been a blessing to read. May the Lord affect us all in this manner, as iron sharpens iron.

God Bless Krispy, KathleenP

2009/2/4 16:58Profile

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Not sure how to take that, sister... but ok.

If I've ever done anything to cause you scars you certainly have my deepest apologies. I hope you can forgive me.

Krispy

I have forgiven you everytime. I'm more angry at myself for my response during these times more than anything. I have been advised to not reply when it gets bad in the past no matter who I am dealing with and I am trying not to do that by the grace of God. There are times when it is just not worth it. Other times I have felt God wanted me to say something and I didn't.

My husband got a word from God that we are prophets but not in the OT sense of the word. If I see something that I believe is going to be hurtful to the body of Christ I will continue to speak out about it no matter what the consequences are. I am at the point that I feel I have blood on my hands when I don't speak out.

The moderators on this forum have to do what they feel God wants them to do and I respect that honestly but I also have to obey God and somehow I trust it will all work together for good in the end.

I know we clash on alot of issues and you do not always agree with me but I still have to speak out when I feel led to and I know you do too.

I wanted to apologize also because I know many times I have been very harsh myself on this forum and I have much need of patience with others.

Blessings.:-)

2009/2/4 18:51
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: God has changed Krispy's life

God bless you, Krispy. It is so encouraging to read how people are being touched by the Holy Spirit and are being changed. Your testimony blesses me to no end.

I noticed you were not posting on SI much - sure thought you must have gone and kicked the bucket until you came back and assured us you were still among the living.

You mentioned 'debating'. I, too, loved to debate. Was pretty good at it, in fact. But the Holy Spirit also convicted me of it. In fact, it is listed among the sins in Romans 1: 29 along with envy, murder...OUCH! Is it not wonderful how God is changing us from glory to glory! ... haven't seen anyone yet that needed a veil to cover his/her face because it glowed so much... I suppose none of us has ever reached the limit of having so much glory that there is no room for more!

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/2/4 19:07Profile

Quote:
Ironically, up until that point I'd put off listening to Paul Washer. 3 days after this "experience" I started listening to Paul Washer and the first sermon was "Examine Yourself". It hit me like a ton of bricks. It dovetailed right into the new work God is doing in my heart.

Its a good sermon...hits me right between the eyes!!

2009/2/4 21:02
MJones

Missouri

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I said if something doesnt enhance my walk with God, I'm cutting it out of my life.

We share a similar experience as I mentioned in a little more detail to your post in the 'smoking' thread.

For years I have taught SS class trying to point people to the truth, now I feel as if I am trying to lure them to it. I often think of it as a line that was crossed. Where before, I knew about the abundant life we were supposed to have, but now I am experiencing it.

In light of it, the things I used to consider profitable and entertaining mean nothing any more. My entire nature has changed. You are in for some cool stuff. Enjoy!

2009/2/4 23:09Profile
Compton

Re:

Hey Krispy,

If all the people that are filled afresh with the Spirit of God in such a way that they are so deeply aware of his presence that their character is changed from envy and pride to grace and humilty end up departing from the forum...well then maybe you are right afterall...all that will be left is quarreling and strife. I mean if all the people who have no interest in squabbles dissapear, well then whose left?

The way I see it, (edit: saints who have grown weary of debate should visit all the more often. They might have fewer posts, but more encouragement.) We can see how this forum changes over the next year or so...to compare the tenor of the posts from 2005-7 to 2009-10. I can believe they will be more gracious and kinder, yet more pure and bravely devoted to Jesus then ever.

(Edit: We are putting on the new man together. Some of us may take a little longer to get dressed, but we do alot better when we see good examples.

To be sure, there are some scrappers here. As one brother recently reminded me, there are always a thousand instructors, but praise God there have been some true fathers in the gospel in my life as well. And to them, every small step forward that even the most immature and rambunctous of us makes towards the image of Christ is another glory...

"For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory...

....But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

2 Corinthians 3

Amen to changing from glory to glory in our life brother,

MC

2009/2/4 23:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Mr.Bill

Mr. Bill;

Quote:
I personally try and bring a lighter to everywhere I go in life, I can't help it, it's just the way God built me.

I think they have laws against this ... :-P

2009/2/4 23:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
I wanted to apologize also because I know many times I have been very harsh myself on this forum and I have much need of patience with others.

I forgive you, Rebecca... and I agree with you too! Imagine that. lol

By the way, you'll notice I responded to you on the Christian Rap thread. We can still discuss the issues, and at times disagree. I just wont argue about them anymore. Won't let it get heated. What does it matter to me if we dont agree on Christian Rap??

Unity of the Body is more important. It's like Paul Washer says... everyone claims the Church isnt "one", that there is disunity. Anyone who claims that doesn't have a clue what the true Church is. The real Church IS unified. But today, what most people call the "church" is merely just a herd of goats with a few sheep mixed in.

Krispy

2009/2/5 8:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy