SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God has changed Krispy's life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

God has changed Krispy's life

Some have probably noticed that I havent had much to say on here lately. There are some reasons why, which I will try to explain in this thread. Not that I'm some pillar of this community... but a couple people have asked, so I thought I would explain here.

I remember reading Keith Green's biography (read it twice, actually) and there was a time in his walk with the Lord when even after recording several albums, having a thriving ministry, moving that ministry from CA to TX... God revealed himself to Keith in more mighty way. His wife recalls in the book that one morning, after much prayer and fasting, Keith came out of his prayer closet and proclaimed to her and the entire ministry that he had finally gotten saved.

Of course, they were all bewildered. How could this be? He'd become a Christian years before, and God was blessing his ministry.

Well... I dont know how to explain it, and I dont know the correct terminology or theological whatever... all I can say is: my heart has been changed.

It happened on Sunday, January 17 around 7:30am. 2 1/2 weeks ago. It wasnt associated with tingles or goosebumps. He simply changed my heart. Regenerated it... whatever. But I am not the same person.

Ironically, up until that point I'd put off listening to Paul Washer. 3 days after this "experience" I started listening to Paul Washer and the first sermon was "Examine Yourself". It hit me like a ton of bricks. It dovetailed right into the new work God is doing in my heart.

It's not that I had some great sin in my life, or anything like that. I just fell to my knees and cried out to God "I can not do this on my own! I need you to do it thru me! I'm so tired... I can't go on like this!"

I'm going to say this, and I want everyone to understand this... the debating that goes on here... most of it is of the flesh. Not all of it, but most of it. Since Jan 17 I have had no desire to be a part of it. None whatsoever. Even on the Osteen thread I started (and rightly so) I did not engage in any debate. It's just not in me anymore. How much time have I utterly wasted on foolish debates on this forum?

I mentioned something yesterday about forsaking the occasional cigar & beer, even tho I dont consider them necessarily sinful. I said if something doesnt enhance my walk with God, I'm cutting it out of my life. This morning I had two PM's from someone asking me if I was just as convicted about Doritos because these things also do not necessarily enhance your walk with God. What foolishness. I'm not going to debate that. On this forum, when someone is convicted of the Holy Spirit to move in one direction or another, there's a well meaning brother or sister right there to debate the thing to death.

Oh dear brethren... this ought not to be.

Well, anyway... this is fragmented and probably doesnt make any sense to most of you, I'm sure. But suffice it to say that God has wrought a miracle in my life, a regenerated heart... something. Not sure what it is, but it is.

And since this forum is mostly for debating and arguing, this new change in my heart is the reason I have not had much to say here lately.

Krispy

2009/2/4 8:04
Koheleth

NC

Re: God has changed Krispy's life

Amen, brother! That's a report of good news! Good news come home to roost. I can definitely relate and it makes sense because I had a similar experience.

"As you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him." Brother, just continue on this great upward path just as you have started. It is truly the way, the truth, and the life.

Looking forward to more (and more). Blessings.

2009/2/4 8:16Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
"I can not do this on my own! I need you to do it thru me! I'm so tired... I can't go on like this!"

Hey brother, God love you, I love you man. Your forthcoming, all the years here now shared, your tremendous personality and disposition - You have broken up many an item with some ... Krispy-like nugget - some bit of humor at just the right time, something that may break up the monotony of these often brainiac, overly taking ourselves far too seriously mentalities - (How's that for a redundant sentence!)

I don't know if you remember this but it certainly seems part and parcel;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=8295&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]Others May, You Cannot[/url]

From G.D Watson.

An excerpt;

[i]The Holy Spirit will put a strict watch on you, and with a jealous love rebuke you for careless words and feelings, or for wasting your time, which other Christians never seem distressed over.[/i]

I do not know how it is most days to come home from a long day at work and replay these things, even when they are still noticed at the time. Even here, in his forum ... the regret, hindsight, wishing I had ... refrained, kept my mouth shut -

Brother, it is tremendous this word and hard almost to use it considering it's new found popularity and who knows what is meant by some much vague definitions ... but, '[i]Change[/i]' is a wonderful thing for us as believers - Changing our minds, changing our hearts - Just to hear it, have it expressed ... why is this such a rarity when it ought to be the norm? What is the point or even the bother of examining ourselves if we end up just the same ... Oh, that could all be misconstrued I am sure.

I think it is also tremendous that someone like Paul Washer could have some effect on you (on us) just like so many others that are ... championed here. Dead or alive, they are our own brethren, our own kind - That it needs to be stated that we are not setting them up to be anything they are not ... No, it's incredible to me how all this shapes and changes us. Right now and for me personally for instance it is John Newton, his manner and spirit, his disposition and self-effacing honesty both that which finds my own heart in so much agreement but also so much that needs attention - And that is a grand thing! Not a deflating, even if convicting matter.

Paul Washer to me is if anything at all, [i]honest.[/i] Give me a honest man, best as he is yet able, any day - Everything else is ... workable.

Quote:
And since this forum is mostly for debating and arguing, this new change in my heart is the reason I have not had much to say here lately.

Well ... it's not, it just unfortunately resembles that too often and there is no denying it. Most of us are guilty in some form or fashion, both the cause and the remedy, if we are willing. And for good measure not all debate needs to be ... sharp, barbed, personal ... hostile. It's supposed to be a [i]discussion forum[/i] and debate can be a very good thing if it would just hold to this ideal.

No brother it all makes perfect sense to me. Your out take above has been my prayer so often; [i]I'm so tired... I can't go on like this![/i] And right now things are so different, I could hardly articulate them - In a sense I am on the opposite end of the spectrum from where you are. The atmosphere is different, work is bearing down very hard, the mind reels from so much - difficult to get it off present circumstances and responsibilities ... even now some ... fears. Speculations, those very things I hate, those I do ...

Am rattling here brother, but you drew it out of me. I do know what you mean brother, it's wonderful.

2009/2/4 9:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
Well ... it's not, it just unfortunately resembles that too often and there is no denying it.

Hey Mike... let me change what I said slightly; this forum is not intended for debate and argument, but unfortunately many times it seems to be all that happens here.

Is that better? :-)

Krispy

2009/2/4 9:39
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Hi Krispy,

Thanks for sharing that. Sounds like God is doing a work in many of our lives! Praise God!

Quote:

My prayer is that Sermonindex will be a source of encouragement and edification for believers both in the sermons and the forums. I think if we seek work towards a view of edifying one another in each persons unique way and contribution, God will be glorified. :-D

2009/2/4 10:11Profile
graceamazed

Tennessee

Quote:
I mentioned something yesterday about forsaking the occasional cigar & beer, even tho I dont consider them necessarily sinful. I said if something doesnt enhance my walk with God, I'm cutting it out of my life. This morning I had two PM's from someone asking me if I was just as convicted about Doritos because these things also do not necessarily enhance your walk with God. What foolishness.

Krispy,
Great to hear of the transformation in your heart a few weeks ago! I experienced a very similar move of God in my heart (even after years of ministry) this past summer. It was like seeing God for the first time...again.

In regard to your "doritos" statement: I just finished posting to the thread where you spoke of your desire to no longer have the occasional cigar and my statement had to do with the hypocrisy that can be associated with arguing that we shouldn't have an occasional cigar or beer because it destroys the body and yet we turn around and eat fast food and other junk that is destroying our bodies just as fast. After posting it I read this thread of yours and justed wanted to let you know that it was not my intent to push the "doritos" issue with you, I just believe we must understand the indirect consequences of some of our judgments against others.

I hope this makes sense to you...I just didn't want to leave any room for offense.

Thanks,
Buck

2009/2/4 11:29Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

I whole heartedly agree Krispy and I pray that God will enable me also to be rid of so much earthlty non-sense that all too often entangles us, be it fleshly talk, possessions or otherwise.
I have recently been thinking of the vanity of life (or rather the earthly things that surround our lives), certainly I need to take more of attitude of dear Christian and Faithfull (Pilgrims Progres)....

Quote:
Then I saw in my dream, that when they were got out of the wilderness, they presently saw a town before them, and the name of that town is Vanity; and at the town there is a fair kept, called Vanity Fair: it is kept all the year long. It beareth the name of Vanity Fair because the town where it is kept is lighter than vanity; and, also because all that is there sold, or that cometh thither, is vanity. As is the saying of the wise, "all that cometh is vanity."

Quote:
But that which did not a little amuse the merchandisers was, that these pilgrims set very light by all their wares; they cared not so much as to look upon them; and if they called upon them to buy, they would put their fingers in their ears, and cry, Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity, and look upwards, signifying that their trade and traffic was in heaven.

May indeed God give all of us the strength and will to turn our faces from the vanities and that our gaze should be towards our redeemer and his celestial city!

2009/2/4 11:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
I hope this makes sense to you...I just didn't want to leave any room for offense.

No offense taken. I read what you posted, and I do agree with you. I probably eat better than most people here because 8 yrs ago I was diagnosed with diabetes, and I've always been a fitness "junky" anyway.

I hope that folks here dont read me wrong from now on if I simply make a comment, or state my thoughts on an issue... and then leave it at that without engaging in a debate about whatever it is.

My flesh loves to argue and debate, but there is something new going on... my flesh loves to argue, but my spirit man wants to hurl when I think of debating with anyone. I'm just not going to do it anymore. If someone wants to disagree with me over something, then go ahead... just dont expect me to try to proove my point. God doesnt need me to argue in His defense. Thats what the Holy Spirit is for... He is God's witness. Just as brother Paul said on here earlier.

Krispy

2009/2/4 11:50
MaryJane

Hi Krispy

I was very moved by what you shared here today. I know that God has been working in my own heart as well. That teaching by Paul Washer is a very good one. I am going to pull it out and listen to it again. Thank you for what you shared here today.

God Bless
MaryJane

2009/2/4 11:58Profile

Re:

Quote:
I whole heartedly agree Krispy and I pray that God will enable me also to be rid of so much earthlty non-sense that all too often entangles us, be it fleshly talk, possessions or otherwise.

Oh absolutely. This is about so much more than debating on this forum. It's just that that is how people relate to me here... so it's the issue that is discussed here.

But this transformation goes a whole lot deeper than that. It effects every area of my life from the TV we watch, to how I talk to my wife when I'm in one of my moods, to how I view people who have wronged me.

Example: There is a family who 3 years ago accused me of mistreating their son on the football field. It was a total fabrication, and had more to do with their son not cutting it as a football player... and a daddy who was trying to relive his own glory days thru his son.

These people claim to be believers. They went behind my back and lied about me to more people than I can count. Accused me of all manner of evil... from abusing my children, to being an alcoholic. I mean, you name it, they accused me of it. People who know me laughed it off. They tried to get me removed as a coach, and the league told them to take a hike. But it hurt.

And even tho I said I forgave them in my heart... the fact is that for the last 3 years I have murdered that family in my heart over and over again by hating them. No matter how much I tried to convince myself that I forgave them and loved them... I didnt. Why? Because my flesh wouldnt let me. The only way I could forgive them was if God did it thru me. Does that make sense?

Well, guess what. Sunday January 17th I was finally able to forgive them. I want to ask them to forgive me, but they will not even talk to me. And I see them a couple times a week at different sports activities.

But this is just a small example of God's work in my heart.

Isnt he a good God?

Krispy

2009/2/4 12:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy