SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tracts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

This is one of my favorite testimonies on handing out tracts. Everyone has probably already heard it...but I thought I'd post it just in case. :)

Just One Person: George Street by David Smethurst

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3653&commentView=itemComments

2009/1/29 11:47
LinaUrban

Mexico

Re:

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
Tracts are good for when conversation is limited or impossible. It is better to "say it on paper" than to never say it at all.

Great quote! I see it the same way, sometimes people are in a hurry and you can't talk to them, etc. But giving them a tract can get the Gospel to them, if they decide to read it.

2009/1/29 15:36Profile
int3grity

Re:

We are going to try to get 100,000 custom Canadian Million Dollar Bill tracts printed which look like real money and will be a hit with people for starting conversations. Along with oneheartbeataway.org, saveyourselfsomepain.com, and gotquestions.org, here is the message we are putting on the back:

Here's the Million Dollar Question... What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? You may gain money, possessions, and comfort in this life but what happens after you die? Most people believe they're good enough to go to Heaven. Let's look at God's standard of goodness, the Ten Commandments: Have you ever lied or stolen? If so, you're a liar and a thief. If you've used God's name to curse, that's blasphemy. Have you ever committed adultery? Maybe you haven't, but God judges not only your actions but also the thoughts and intentions of your heart (Jer 17:10). Jesus said, "Anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matt 5:28). Since God is so holy and good, He must punish sin. He has written His law upon your heart and reveals it through your conscience. After death comes judgment (Heb 9:27) and when you are found guilty, you will go to Hell. Your sin is rebellion against the perfect, eternal God of the universe. Therefore, perfect justice demands your punishment be eternal. Imagine yourself in a courtroom, guilty of many serious crimes. The fine is one million dollars or life in prison. You are unable to pay, so the guards begin to drag you away. Suddenly someone in the courtroom yells, "STOP!", and approaches the bench. He speaks privately with the judge, and returns to his seat. The judge then looks at you and declares, "That was my son. He has agreed to pay your fine in full; you are free to go." That's what Jesus Christ did for you! He died on the cross as a sinless substitute to bear the punishment you deserve. This satisfied the demands of divine justice in your place. He then defeated death by rising from the dead three days later. The Bible expresses it like this: "God demonstrates His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom 5:8). So what must you do to be saved? Forsake your sin and throw yourself at the mercy of the Judge. Trust in Jesus Christ alone as your only hope and ask God to forgive you on the basis of Jesus paying your fine. He will give you new life and never let you down.

2009/1/30 5:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy