SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Can our beliefs blind us to what God is doing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
It is satan demanding that we live a life we are incapable of living and then turns it as if it is God doing the demanding.

I have thought the very same thing before. I think the trouble we face stems from an improper understanding of what God wants to do and how He wants to do it. Men are truly unqualified and incapable of preaching the Gospel. But when men allow God to first mold them into the image of Christ and then empower them for service, then they are qualified and capable.

You will notice that when Jesus came preaching repentance He also came with the power of [i]deliverance[/i] from sin. The Gospel is a message of hope to a hopeless world. He did not come into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. I sometimes think I needed to write that out 500X on the blackboard until I got it:

He did not come into the world to condemn the world
etc. etc.

I think above all things we need to check our spirit when we minister. It is my experience that in repentance circles there is too much BARKING preaching going on that is seeking to do with fear what can only happen as the Holy Spirit draws a person. Fear is not the same thing as conviction of sin. This is not to say that we don't preach on sin and hell, etc., because we do.

Ever read about Finney's conversion experience? The preacher was not preaching Hell Fire when Wesley was saved either. It is amazing to me how radically different Finney's own experience was compared to the way he in turn preached the Gospel. It has really got me thinking as we have gone some 5+ years now with an absolute focus on revival and still are coming up dry on the grand scale. But I can tell you with certainty that where the Gospel is preached in love and with compassion that God shows up and things begin to happen.

2009/1/28 9:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy