Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The End times and 2012

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

The End times and 2012

In my opinion this whole 2012 thing is set up by satan himself to divert the attention of the masses from the true facts of biblical eschatology. I have not seen so many people take to Nostradamus, the Hoppi Indians, Edgar Casey, The Mayans and other prognosticators as they have today. This seems like a great attempt to try to blind men to what the scriptures have to say about the end times. It amazes me that even christains are caught up in this whole debacle looking to the Mayan calendar, Casey and Nostradamus when right in their possession is a bible that is inerrant,infallable and 100% accurate it is Gods truth that sets us free. One of the things I have noticed about this whole 2012 thing is that Jesus Christ is never mentioned and that is what rubs me the wrong way. The scriptures imply that the central mission of the Holy Spirit is to exalt Jesus Christ and him alone (John 16). All prophecy centers and revolves around the person of christ and his providential hand. The age will end with his glorious return. However this whole 2012 thing has no christ, No exaltation of the scriptures and it is anti-GOD, anti-Christ, and Anti-Holy Spirit because it does not bring one to rest upon biblical truth and the great hope of christ return. We must be careful in what we take in and know the signs of the times that are in line with and in accord with the scriptures alone. If we are in fear about 2012, Nostradamus, Edgar Casey or any other prognosticator then we have not come to rest in Hebrews 1:3 in which it says he uphold all things by the word of his power. Our Lord is still seated on the throne dear friends.

2009/1/26 10:56Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: The End times and 2012

What bothers me most about this, is it supposed to happen on 12/21/2012 this will be my 38th wedding anniversary on this date. :-o

2009/1/26 11:26Profile
Compton

Re:

Mr. Billpro,

It's a good thing we don't plan our lives according to the ancient Mayan calender, or that would be a real bummer. :)

MC

2009/1/26 11:34Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

Amen Compton. If our lives were based on the Mayan calender then we all would be in a heap of mess. Thank God for his word and the truth it reveals and upholds. God bless my friend

2009/1/26 11:47Profile
4givenchris

Southern California

Re:

I just think of how many people in the world will be deceived into actually believing that will be the end of the world. It could be similar, or worse, than the millennium crisis back in 2000 when people were buying up generators because all the computers in the world were going to crash. Satan has used this lie to plant that seed of fear into the world while erasing the hope of Christ.

2009/1/26 12:04Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Speaking of the lies satan has planted, one that has given me the most trouble until just recently is the lie of the US Constitution and the Nation as a whole.

The events of the last elections started me questioning many things I had believed. For instance the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 9/11 the structure of our Gov't. Growing up in this Nation has given many a false sense of security. My eyes are open to this now and I finally feel more at ease with what is going on in Washington. I see I have only to lean on Jesus and each day will take care of itself. I am not going to worry any more.

We are preparing to plant a large garden but growing food is always a good idea, it is not with the plan to 'save ourselves.' We have purchased a pot belly stove to cook on and warm the house, not for survival but as a way of economizing and stretching the resources God makes available to us.

We do not watch for 2012, we watch the sky and look for His return and we tell as many as we can that we are only camping on this Earth, it is not our home, our home is with our God. Praise his name, Jesus.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/1/26 12:18Profile
4givenchris

Southern California

Re:

Quote:

Growing up in this Nation has given many a false sense of security.

I have thought about this too just recently. Because we have become accustomed to the way of life here in the US, we think we are invincible. The way of American living will not last forever. This empire will fall, as many have come and gone before us. Only the Kingdom of God will stand forever. But I do pray, that if the Lord tarries, He will show mercy on this land for the sake of our children's future.

2009/1/26 12:33Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

There is something that has always struck me as odd about the 2012 controversy. What do people expect the Mayan calendar to be? Infinite? They had to stop the calendar somewhere.

I have a calendar here in my cube that stops on December 2009. My co-workers don't barge in and ask me if I think the world is going to end on 12/31/09.

2009/1/26 13:14Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

Exactly Taylor this is a great point. This is why we must hold to the scriptures.

2009/1/26 13:31Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Interestingly, the last thing that the Lord spoke as He walked with His disciples (before ascending into Heaven) regarded the question about God's timing. Notice Acts 1:6-8...

Quote:

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, "[i]Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel[/i]?"

7 And he said unto them, "[color=990000]It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth[/color]."

Jesus took questions about God's exact timing and refocused the disciples on a much more pressing matter -- the Holy Spirit who powers us to fulfill the Great Commission.

:-)

2009/1/26 14:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy