Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rebekah LeBeau - Keith Greens Daughter

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

Rebekah LeBeau - Keith Greens Daughter

I subscribe to a Keith Green message group on Yahoo and there was a posting about a music video that Keith Greens daughter (I'm not sure if she is the older or younger one)made.I dont know if links are allowed ,but you can see the video by searching for Rebekah LeBeau on Youtube.The song is called "Lay It On The Line".

2009/1/21 19:22Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re: Rebekah LeBeau - Keith Greens Daughter

Well, I'm sad, but it's evident from watching; this young lady needs to be born again. No one can ride on the salvation of others and we, dear saints, must recognize the obvious.

I will stand before the Lord and and know that He is a jealous God. He has earned that right to be the receiver of all praise, and pop songs and the like simply reveal the content of her heart. Let us not be starstruck by the legacy her father left. May the Lord cause great conviction to fall upon her so she may repent and be saved. I'm sure Brother Keith would agree.

2009/1/21 20:10Profile
Kattee

Re:

This comment is totally out of line. Only God knows each person's salvation status. Do you know Rebekah personally to make such accusatory statements based on one video she made? I saw it, and thought it was delightful. I love the God of the Bible with all my heart, soul, and mind. Her daddy was instrumental in my walk of faith and many others' also. It is wrong of you to criticize her like this. Are you God?

Quote:

KathleenP wrote:
Well, I'm sad, but it's evident from watching; this young lady needs to be born again. No one can ride on the salvation of others and we, dear saints, must recognize the obvious.

I will stand before the Lord and and know that He is a jealous God. He has earned that right to be the receiver of all praise, and pop songs and the like simply reveal the content of her heart. Let us not be starstruck by the legacy her father left. May the Lord cause great conviction to fall upon her so she may repent and be saved. I'm sure Brother Keith would agree.

2009/10/8 13:38Profile

Re:

hmmm.. hard to tell. My impression is that she is searching.

I would recommend to leave her alone and just pray for her.

oh and also be careful of making statements about her salvation.

2009/10/8 14:09

Re: Romeo's split...what now?

I had an opportunity to meet Keith Green briefly, and attended at least two of his concerts,,[ free ], a little over 30 years ago.

This video, if by his daughter, has nothing to do with the gospel at all, but it is a lovesick rendetion dedicated to a romance lost. It is also very sensual, with the low cut and tight clothes, and is simply worldly.

This gal may possibly be saved, but you sure couldn't tell it by watching this video. I wasn't impressed with her voice or the originality of it either, if that matters a whit.

I think that her dad would counsel her to repent, and believe.

2009/10/8 15:30
Leo_Grace

Re:

That song was steeped in worldliness: sensual, self-centered, spiteful, vindictive, etc. In other words, it basically says "It's all about me." Nothing in that video came anywhere close to glorifying God. If it has been linked to Keith Green's website, then an attempt is being made to profit from the father's enduring popularity, but the daughter does not take after the father.

Kattee said:

Quote:
This comment is totally out of line. Only God knows each person's salvation status. Do you know Rebekah personally to make such accusatory statements based on one video she made? I saw it, and thought it was delightful. I love the God of the Bible with all my heart, soul, and mind. Her daddy was instrumental in my walk of faith and many others' also. It is wrong of you to criticize her like this. Are you God?

I don't think so - any reborn Christian, if they could sing, would sing about the beauty of God, the love of their life, and not about self, which is supposed to have died in order to be born again. She may be a professing Christian, but clearly her world is about self - so she is not yet reborn.

It is true that only God can know about a person's spiritual condition, if they stand in a corner and do nothing and make no noise, but when they open their mouths to the world, "You will know a tree by its fruit".

2009/10/8 16:39Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I viewed it and then I went to amazon to view the rest of the songs off her CD; I read her blog of the song and how it's about relationships coming and going in our lives; saying goodbye to one and in pops another.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think this is a Christian album and really, there is nothing wrong with that. She is not her father. I bet there's nothing worse than having a bunch of Christian's judge your work based on your father's work! (I'm sure this isn't the only "Christian" discussion group that's "discussed" her and this song.)

I agree with [i]thingsabove[/i], we should watch what we say and ask God like Solomon did, "[i]Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people...[/i]

God bless

2009/10/8 16:45Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings
I watched the video as well and did not care for it(just a personal opinion). I do not know anything about this young woman's life but the video did seem very worldly to me, but as was mentioned it was probably not meant to be a christian song of video. I do not know her heart or where she stands in the Lord but no one should ever think that because a family member is saved that they are covered because of them. Each of us must come to the Lord and see our need for Him in our lives. I do not mean to say that this young woman is doing that or not, but rather we as christian should never look at someone and assume that they are saved because a relative of theirs was or is. We always need to look at the fruit:-)

God Bless
maryjane

2009/10/8 16:54Profile

I liked it!!

I watched it AFTER I read all the reviews here and was ready to strike it down, but I think Keith would have supported her.

Keith did the same thing she is doing now, searching in the world trying to make a career out of the music industry, he even did some acting and trying to make a go in that.

Nice tune, cute and humorous message. And I think Jesus would just love her, don't you?

Pretty girl too.

Quote:
We always need to look at the fruit

How do you look for fruit in new born babes? When you look at a baby, what fruit do you see? It's new and sweet looking, it likes to cry, pukes up his dinner, sleeps at odd times, messes his diapers without knowing it. Under developed, needs to be picked up, can't feed himself, needs constant care, needs someone to clothe him. Where is this fruit in this baby? or where is this fruit in a 5 year old? or even a 10 year old?

Fruit always takes it's time. For Christians it literally takes years to produce. And it always comes after one has been severely cut back to the place that all that's practically left is the vine and some florets. It's a terrible process this pruning, but the results will yield a far better crop.

Babies don't get pruned back, not at this tender age, it's always pruned back when the plant has enough strength that it can stand the pressures that the husbandman will bring upon it. The only thing the husbandman can do is to nurture it, keep the weeds away from it, put fertilizer around it, and wait and see what happens. Parents do what they can to feed their children the best they know and train it to walk and talk, and to be there for them.

Many of the older trees in the garden have no patience for the younger saplings, they expect to see results as soon as they see any green appearing just above ground. Such "fruit inspectors" have no fruit of their own. When we have enough of our own, we rarely look to others who have none, in fact it's only human nature for any one of us who have nothing to demand from others the thing we lack. The next time we say to another brother, "You know what the problem with the church is?", look at your own life and see if you lack the same thing. Most likely you will have that same problem.

2009/10/8 19:15
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

I liked the song and her style. I wish her well in her career.

2009/10/8 19:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy