SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joel Osteen on Glenn Beck last night...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Joel Osteen on Glenn Beck last night...

Saw Joel Osteen on Glenn Beck's show last night. The context of the conversation was how people in this world can get along, even if they disagree. Osteen was waxing eloquently about how we should always treat people with a spirit of love even if we disagree on everything... and then Osteen said something to the effect that he has been all over the world. He said he's been to India where he's met many "great and wonderful Hindu people who love God with all their hearts."

I'm sorry... but this needs to be said: [b]Joel Osteen is a theological dork.[/b]

Krispy

2009/1/20 10:46

Re: Joel Osteen on Glenn Beck last night...

Following is a further analysis of Joel Osteen, comparing his doctrine with true Christian Doctrine, as found in the Bible.

Go to www.youtube.com and search for:

[b]Joel Osteen versus Paul Washer[/b]

You will see parts 1, 2, & 3 that document the heresy of Joel Osteen, and others like him.

Sincerely,

Walter

2009/1/20 11:39

Re:

Thanx Waltern... seen it and heard it all before both on YouTube (which we're not supposed to link to on this forum), and in writing. It's been discussed here many times.

No secret that he is a flake. It's just that people rush to his defense even on this forum saying "it was just a gaff... he didnt mean that!" YET... here he is again... with the same gaff... again.

You would think that if he were so "gaff-prone" that speaking in front of thousands of people in Houston several times a week he would get better at public speaking.

I guess not.

Krispy

2009/1/20 11:52
stephent

Boston, Ma.

Re:

Why do these kind of remarks from a "pastor" go unconfronted? Has major Denomination confronted him on what he teaches about what the Bible says?

2009/1/20 13:53Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

As far as I know, he is not a part of a denomination.

In my opinion, this is one of the dangers of a radical independency in church structure.

May we pray the Lord would convict of sin, righteousness, and judgement - bringing him to receive and rest in Christ's propitiation for sinners.

2009/1/20 13:58Profile

Re:

No church will confront him.... instead, they book him for their conferences and peddle his books.

Krispy

2009/1/20 14:26
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Krittr - I have to admit, your original post made me chuckle, "A theological dork," pretty much nails it.

Then the tragedy of it struck my heart...this 'theological dork-ness' is the reason for the 'darkness' in this nation. Men like this go unchecked, satisfied in their large, unbelieveably large, congregations leading many astray.

I am wondering, for the good of the site here, about a question...

In Hebrews 13:17 we see a curious statement, "Obey your leaders and submit to them for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account."

"...for they keep watch..."
in prayer and study. Stedfastly, earnestly applying themselves to prayer and the systematic, full study of the Bible.

"...over your souls..."
Maybe so that those in the church will not stray. Has a context of deep care for those in their care.

"...as those who will give account."
Uh-Oh! How can this whole passage, put together, be being worked out by a pastor of a 10 - 20,000 member congregation? Many of 'em don't even get the whole married relationship right, how much less the members of their own congregation?

My question is - How can a pastor fulfill this in a multi-thousand member church, even hundreds of members?

2009/1/20 15:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
Then the tragedy of it struck my heart...this 'theological dork-ness' is the reason for the 'darkness' in this nation. Men like this go unchecked, satisfied in their large, unbelieveably large, congregations leading many astray.

Exactly... it took him less than 3 seconds to make that statement, but it was on a TV show that is broadcasted around the world on FoxNews. How many people saw that around the world? When he says what he said... he is basically condemning souls to hell because they see him saying "you're ok in your deception... you're ok in your sin... God loves you! All you have to do is love the god you've created in your mind..."

I cant get past his slick car salesman exterior anyway, but he makes a used car salesman look trustworthy!

(no offense to any used car salesmen reading this!)

Krispy

2009/1/20 17:04
rreighe

Re:

Quote:
(no offense to any used car salesmen reading this!)

haha my uncle is a car sales man and from what i heard he is quite trustworthy, at least in everyday things haha.

as for the theological dork, someone needs to talk to him! my mom watches him like every sunday. someone needs to tell him what's what.

2009/1/20 17:57Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: Joel Osteen on Glenn Beck last night...

Joel probably gets all kinds of good advice from true (Spirit filled) Christians, but for the most part any good council he receives seems to be falling on deaf ears.
Blessings Greg :-o

Edit:
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2009/1/20 22:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy