SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Orthodoxy/Orthopraxy - Exclusive or Complentary?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I wonder what theology the thief on the cross kept?

2009/1/7 23:34Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
I wonder what theology the thief on the cross kept?

I believe the thief on the cross died in his spiritual infancy. But he would have adopted a set of governing beliefs had he lived longer…we all do. These “beliefs” would have been his theology. Everyone has a theology or a set of beliefs. The things we believe about God become our theology. We all have one, whether we call it a “theology” or not. Some are more simple than others. Repent and believe worked for him. His theology was not cumbersome, but it was correct.

Theology is a big word I rarely use outside of SI.

Thanks for posting this question. It made me think and realize how complicated we sometimes make things. I believe correct theology is important, but it should never become a stumbling block that over complicates the simple nature of the gospel.

2009/1/8 0:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Orthodoxy/Orthopraxy - Exclusive or Complentary?

Hi Taylor,

Reading your post along with some recent pages of John Newton's Letters, thought there might be some application here, albeit from a more progressive understanding.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=26835&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]John Newton Letters ~ Grace in the Blade[/url]

2009/1/8 8:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy