SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : James white vs. bart ehrman debate

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible1985

James white vs. bart ehrman debate

I believe it is in january the 19th. Is anyone going to it. I am very excited to hear it myself, i hope their our many unbelievers their to hear someone refute ehrman like i believe he can. Lets all pray that the Lord bless this event and that he can work mightily in the unbelievers hearts.

Father i thank you for men like james white who stand and defend our faith like none other, we know you our working mightily in him. Give him the understanding to answer anything or question thrown at him. Father may you speak through him that unbelievers may here your voice and hear truth and that the might not doubt your word no longer, please father save their souls. Use this event to give people hope and to awaken the hardened. All things our possible with you father in jesus name amen.

2008/12/21 16:51Profile
Abe_Juliot

Southern California

Re: James white vs. bart ehrman debate

Amen!

You can read more about the event [url=http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/index.php?itemid=2492]HERE[/url]

Here is some info on [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman]Bart D. Ehrman[/url]

-Abraham

2008/12/21 20:46Profile
Abe_Juliot

Southern California

Re:

James White has a blog video on Bart Ehrman [url=http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/index.php?itemid=2545]HERE[/url]

2008/12/21 20:48Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

Barth Ehrman is a great debator and excellent scholar of NT... My advice (after have read a few of his books and after I watched the debate between Ehrman and Craig Lane) attend the debate or watch/listen to it only (take heed!!)if your faith is Rock Solid!!! Ehrman is very convincing and have a lot of facts on his side...

Sincerely Magnus :-)

2008/12/21 20:59Profile
Abe_Juliot

Southern California

Re:

Quote:
Barth Ehrman is a great debator and excellent scholar of NT

Ehrman may have a mountain of scholarly knowledge and an ability to lead the blind astray.

However, I discourage you from using terms like "excellent" to describe the wisdom of a man who has committed apostasy against the Word of God.

1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us: for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

I'm not to sure about listening to Craig's debate (I haven't watched this man). But, I would not discourage anyone from going to the debate with James White... because James preaches the gospel of God's grace and the power of God is manifested through such preaching.

-Abraham

2008/12/21 21:45Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

Abraham wrote: However, I discourage you from using terms like "excellent" to describe the wisdom of a man who has committed apostasy against the Word of God.

Thanks for your concern!!! I'll think I stick with the terms above because it designate Ehrman from a academic perspective (and nothing else)..

From a spiritual perspective I would describe him as an apostate who leads people astray...

My warnings concerning the debate still stands...

Magnus ;-)

2008/12/21 22:33Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

The work of the enemy (the father of lies)
always begins with casting doubt "Has God
really said??" It is followed by deception
and delusion. God's integrity is assured by
His Word!! God is not man, He does not lie.

2008/12/21 22:39Profile
bible1985

Re:

thanks i appreciate it. I have listened to the craig debate and ehrman fools those lukewarm believers or the unsaved and unregenerated, i know he does this and for some convincingly, i just pray that james white will answer all the objections flawlessly. I just watch a debate between him and a jevohah witness man call is jesus a god or God. James is very very good and doesn't shy away from the hard questions. Agaiunst bart ehrman i am sure he won't either, knowing he has done this his whole life . Praise God

2008/12/22 6:22Profile
bible1985

Re:

if anyone does go, please tell me how it went

2008/12/23 9:29Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Whats the point of these debates???If our man wins people have to agree with him,but if our man looses were not changing our minds??...

What do they prove other then one person's brighter then another...

I've heard White a few times,sorry but he struck me as rude and arrogant...

There was a SBC debate recently, where one of the debators stated we don't want to be the type of people that will travel a 1000 miles to debate,but won't cross the street to lead someone to God

I could swear he was speaking about White!!!!!!!!

2008/12/23 17:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy