SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Purpose Driven Life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rafiki

His Hands

Re:

Chanin, thanks...but it's ok

Many may not understand...what is happening right now but God is in this, he is -- he really is, Amen.

The only reason why i chose the name rafiki as my nick name was because at the time i was thinking about my son, and how we had watched this movie the Lion King. The name rafiki c ame into mind, and so I typed it, that's all. I guess I should have been more careful as to not grieve anyone's spirit.

Quote:
An let me tell you now so you don't ask again...We ain't gonna read it together. However, I will read it for you. Let's start with page 9.

Ooouch what ever this mean.

Listen everyone, I just desired to learn and to grown along with everyone else. I thought that I could freely express myself and just be me and be transparent, and have a respectful discussion/debate about this book, which is a very good book. However I do, must, and will agree with my brethern, it doesn't nor will it ever take the place of the WORD OF GOD, WHICH IS SHARPER THEN ANYTWO EDGED SWORD.

P.S. I will not disguise myself and change my name into all these different alias, when I speak you will know that it is me and that it is God speaking through me.

No offense taken, he who has an ear let him hear and I do, Love You Much.

2004/9/21 12:05Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Here's some material you might wanna try reading if you don't think what I'm saying is enough!

The Evangelist

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/warren/scripture.htm

http://www.svchapel.org/Resources/Articles/read_articles.asp?id=1

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1506ch3.html

http://www.fundamentalbiblechurch.org/Foundation/fbcsdlbk.htm

http://ww2.forwilliam.org:8004/forum/archive/index.php/t-516.html

You need more, let me know! Oh, and I'm sorry to offend you, I didn't know who or like I said what(gender)I am adressing. God Bless! :-)

2004/9/21 12:08Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Quick comments concerning these five links:

(5) is a dead link.

(3) and (4) are directed generally towards the philosophy behind [i]Purpose-Driven Church,[/i] not specifically towards the book [i]Purpose-Driven Life[/i] and are therefore beyond the scope of this [b]book review[/b] forum.

The author of (1) made it clear that it is really an adaptation of the article in (2).

[b]In summary:[/b] The only article with some substance in relation to the topic at hand is (2), an article by "Gary E. Gilley, Pastor-Teacher". The only substantive argument I find made by this author is his objection to the use of some translations (e.g. [i]The Message[/i]), of which the author is clearly biased against. There is more critique of [i]The Message[/i] than anything else in this article.

Not too convincing overall.

2004/9/21 13:52Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

RE: CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED

Try this and take your pick. But I said in one post, if you been raised in it you can't see how its wrong. You need to ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes...oh, and when you actually begin to study your bible, that helps. You know, the problem isn't just the book. Let's address a little bit more than the book, huh? You're right, those sights discuss more than just the book...but it's all part of the same Modern Day Apostacy. It's MANS WAYS, TRADITIONS, & PHILOSOPHIES (in a way Gnosticism) that people are uplifting...it's the messages that he and others are teaching, whether in regards to PDL or PDC or whatever book it is, it's all bologna and Warren and others who both embrace and teach this jargon should be thrown out of the pulpit by their ear. Maybe I am in one sense harsh, but I don't think Christians should tippy-toe around False Doctrine. They should expose it and the teachers/promoters of it for who and what they really are.(Phil.3:17) Did not Paul not say (and somebody wants to say I'm harsh) Beware of Dogs (Philippians 3:2) And the very word that the Apostle used was the worst slur of the word... ;-) Verse 3 he says, "...have no confidence in the flesh." Now an "eight-step recovery process" isn't any different than what Alcoholic Anonymous (A.A.)does. But in chapter 27, he makes reference to it and says in the past 10 years over 5,000 have been set free. Maybe they have, maybe they haven't, but it's according to a man's standards of deliverance. Where does the Word say to find deliverance in an eight-step process or any other process? NO WHERE! It's only through the Cross of Christ, and do you know what? That's where MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS have found freedom from sin, temptation, and bondage, and It was through the power of the Cross! THERE"S DELIVERANCE IN THE CROSS OF CHRIST!!! It's what we Christians have known it to be called from the very Word of God! THE FAITH!!! He (Warren) talks about being accountable to one another on the bottom of page 212, and uses James 5:16. Well it's good because we all need to be held accountable of things we do...BUT JAMES WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT IT BEING A WAY TO DEFEAT TEMPTATION! He was refering to being quick to admit a fault if such be the case. Yet the context of the scripture is "The Prayer of Faith(in regards to the sick)". TWISTING SCRIPTURES IS HE? Let me give it to you this way. When you're dead...the devil can't defeat you. He can't harm you. You're dead already! The reason for so many defeated Christians isn't because they can't overcome bondage to sin, but that Christ has ALREADY defeated it at the Cross (Col.2:14-15)and they don't know it! And Rick Warren isn't teaching this! Every Christian man & Woman, boy & girl who needs deliverance from besetting sins need to, by faith in Christ and what He's ALREADY done at the Cross, understand and except that they nor anybody else has the power to deliver them from sin...not even a stupid book (s.a. PDL). But Christ and Him crucified ONLY! Amen. And they need to be dead to self. THEY NEED TO BE DEAD TO SELF AND BURIED WITH CHRIST AND RESURRECTED IN NEWNESS OF LIFE THROUGH THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT! (We call it the ressurected life)Gal.2:20 Why do you think Paul spent so long trying to get this Gospel to sink into the hearts of those who were in the Church back then??? It wasn't the message of "seeker-sensitivity", "Cell-Groups", or any of this other Bologna they're teaching in this Modern Day Church world...But the teaching of the New Covenant which cannot be taught by me nor anybody, unless The Holy Spirit has given the revelation to whomever the recipient of this powerful bondage breaking message. That's the message the Church has left. That's the message that needs to be brought back! That's not the message Warren is embracing! Christ and Him Crucified alone will change lives and set captives free. (1 Cor. 1:17-18)(Matt. 16:24-25)(Phil. 3:7-11) If you would like to discuss this more feel free!

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/criwarren.html

An old-fashion Pentecostal,
The Evangelist

:-) ;-)

2004/9/21 14:52Profile
Delboy

Worthing UK

Re:

Hi Giancarlo,
I have to agree with Sam on this.
But,please tell us after you've read it why you do think it's trash,that would be more helpful :-)

2004/9/26 13:36Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

How many times have I already stated it: YES I HAVE READ IT!!!

Quote:
But,please tell us after you've read it why you do think it's trash,that would be more helpful

Why don't you tell me "after you've read" the rest of the posts. That does help Delboy. ;-)

The Evangelist.

P.S. Try reading A.W. Pinks article on "Another Gospel" It reminds me a lot of PDL. :-) On the other hand...maybe you should try reading your Bible. ;-)

2004/9/27 17:12Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

theevangelist:

The only two substantial arguments put forth that I could discern are - (1) Warren made reference to Alcoholic Anonymous and also suggested an "8-step recovery process"; (2) Warren "twisted scripture" when he cited James 5:16.

In my opinion, these two points are minute details within the book which do not do justice to the overall value of the book.

(1) I do not find the notion of following certain steps for recovery necessarily incompatible with scriptural principles. I acknowledge it is a hotly debated issue among Christians. Moreover, it is more important to evaluate whether the [i]principles[/i] behind the steps than making a universal rejection.

(2) James 5:16 refers to confession of sins and praying for healing in a [i]community[/i] setting. The context has a strong [i]communal[/i] element to it: v. 14 the elders of the faith community prays for the sick; vv. 19-20 restoration of believers who have gone astray. I think an extended application [i]could[/i] be small groups whereby one is accountable to one another, so that healing and other spiritual support could take place.

Your so-called context "The Prayer of Faith" is taken from the NIV heading, which I should remind you, is not part of the inspired text. It is, to use your famous expression, MAN'S TRADITION, who put it in there. *wink* :-P

2004/9/30 10:30Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Quote:
Your so-called context "The Prayer of Faith" is taken from the NIV heading, which I should remind you, is not part of the inspired text. It is, to use your famous expression, MAN'S TRADITION, who put it in there. *wink*

That's funny because I only use King James *wink wink* You're theological brain (through pride) can drag you soul to hell faster than anything drinking or any other sin can. Lose the haughty spirit. And either way...He or you or any other preacher preach deliverance any other way but throught the Cross...you're in err. *wink wink*

The Evangelist

2004/10/3 10:21Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

You're theological brain (through pride) can drag you soul to hell faster than anything drinking or any other sin can. Lose the haughty spirit. And either way...He or you or any other preacher preach deliverance any other way but throught the Cross...you're in err. *wink wink*

Gee, dude, Thats harsh. :-?

2004/10/3 10:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Lose the haughty spirit.

Perhaps you might want to re-read some of your recent post's in this regard brother. Careful...

2004/10/3 10:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy