SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : ADULTERY - Repent, or You Will Never Be Forgiven

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: God bless you

Quote:
Remarriage is adultery!!

Remarriage, [b]except[/b] in the cases that scripture shows us, is adultry.

Welcome to SI.

Krispy

2008/10/20 14:05

Re: Amen Brother Llewellyn

Flyod... why not post ALL the scriptures pertaining to divorce and remarriage instead of copy pasting the ones you like?

We can not take single verses out of context and say "ah-ha! gotcha!". Doesnt work like that.

While those verses are true that you posted, you are conveniently ignoring the clear teaching in scripture that there are two exceptions to the "remarriage is adultry" issue.

Not to mention that there is very little room for mercy and forgiveness when we condemn all those who have remarried.

What is being declared here is unscriptural, folks.

Welcome to SI too! :-)

Krispy

2008/10/20 14:08
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I am so thankful that our God is a God of mercy and grace. I'll take grace everytime.

2008/10/20 14:28Profile

Re:

Hi. Long time viewer... second time poster under a new acct.... (i took a break!!!)

From what I can gather from some first time posts and newly registered accts it seems there's a bit of 'like-minded support' that is showing up. I won't say collusion but I've noticed it. I'm not speaking of the theology itself, but the 'set up' of support.

2008/10/20 14:36

Re:

Yea, I checked out the statement of faith of that website... I'm not prepared to call it "legalistic" because that has to do with the heart, and I dont know their heart. However, I wont put myself under the law, and this is all about law.

Krispy

2008/10/20 14:37
Llewellyn

Windhoek, Namibia

Praise God!

Hey if this post draws new users I praise the Lord.

I can see that this topic will be going nowhere. I will pray for you Krispy.

I will leave it for now, yet know this. The Word can not be changed to your liking. All you say can be disproved, just by one word.

The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband [b]liveth[/b]; but if her husband be [u][b]dead[/b][/u], she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord. (1Co 7:39)

You give just one scripture that so clearly say that a divorced person may remarry, not this assumption business. Come just one!! There aren’t any. Many that leave room for divorce yet non that say “you divorced person can marry again”

I know many saying [b][size=medium]clearly[/size][/b] don’t.

2008/10/20 15:50Profile
Flyod

Democratic Republic of Congo

I know brother Llewellyn

That does not change the truth of this doctrine that the Lord teaches those that can hear.

2008/10/20 15:57Profile

Re: Praise God!

Quote:
I will pray for you Krispy

I'll take prayer whenever anyone wants to offer it. :-) ...but if you'r prayer is that I'll change my position on this one, I beg you to find something else to pray about. I have a trip to make to Nashville tomorrow... perhaps you could pray about that.

I presented scripture to you. Just saying that I didnt doesnt make it so. I would recommend if you can't seem to understand where I'm coming from on these verses that you pick up a couple commentaries and see what they say. Just make sure they aren't written by Catholic so-called "saints".

You are asking for scripture that specifically says "in this case you can remarry", which it does when it states clearly that in 2 cases the one spouse is "no longer bound". Take an English class.

The Bible does not specifically say a believer should not do drugs either. Does this mean we can? Thats the logic you're using. Some churches dont have musical instruments because the NT doesnt say they should have them. Thats a bad way to approach scripture. Thats how legalism and false teachings enter into a church.

Krispy

2008/10/20 15:58
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Praise God!

Llewellyn wrote:

Quote:

I know many saying [b][size=medium]clearly[/size][/b] don’t.

As do I. As does Krispy. As do many Christians. I agree with most of what you are saying. But... not all scripture says "don't". And that is the issue at hand.

2008/10/20 16:26Profile
Flyod

Democratic Republic of Congo

Shall we lean on our own understanding?

The debates of the ages seem to always want to humble the other to prove his own superiority. This is what Krispy is doing. You see he has read all the commentaries and has become wise. Scripture says that our wisdom and our knowledge, can pervert us. So how shall I answer?

I will answer him according to his folly. For it seem he needs some Greek classes to know that “bondage” in the mentioned scripture means “to enslave” and in context it means that she is at liberty to now only serve the Lord and not her husband as well. It does not say she may remarry.

You have no scripture to support our ideology. :-)

2008/10/20 16:42Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy