SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : my opinion on christians voting

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible1985

my opinion on christians voting

You know i feel that they can if they want too. I heard on the radio today that man was saying that uss christians will be judged by God if we do not vote because we have the opportunity to vote and bring the right person into the white house who will run this world the right way. If we don't do that we our doing a disservice to god.
You know what I am sick and tired of hearing from people that i should vote is important. We have 2 professed Christians who do not like to say the name of christ out loud and who do not profess that he is their Lord. Everything they do seems to be on their own accord and not the Lords. i don't care what anyone says, if you ran this world the way god wanted you to, it would change for the better. The problem with humanity is that nobody can have a change of heart from their wicked ways until Christ lives in them. These presidents need to lead people to christ, even though they won't get voted, but who cares . If your a christian your most important thing should be to bring people to the knowledge of jesus Christ, come on why would people get offended the majority of the united states is a christian nation, bringing up christ shouldn't offend them, but guess what it does. You can probably drop that percentage of true christians to less than 20 percent or even less then 10 or more. We our in a world of professing christians who hate the things of God and don't even know the Lord jesus. I haven't seen anything from these canidadates that they our true christians. If you don't put my Lord first and want him to be put to the side, then I am not going to vote. I am not voting for people who our not bringing us to a real change. They need to change whats on t.v and whats in the theatres, they need to stop the selling of alcohol the way it is sold for people to get as much as they want of it, they need to stop selling cigarettes and sending millions of americans to die soon, they need to stop all this wickedness and lies here, they don't say nothing about this, the stiuff that is making our children more wicked by the day. Their is corruption in this country and until i see a true change, i will not even care who is president. I don't need to care and i don't need to respect people who go to war either. I do not need to feel like i owe people for our freedom because they defend our country. The lord has brought this all about not them, he has blessed us from day one and now they our tring to run this without God. I don't think Jesus to go to war, you might all disagree, but i remember the word of the Lord, those who live by the sword shall die by the sword. You know what you might say we have to defend our nation but if we all would turn to the Lord and live righteous you wouldn't have to worry because the lord would protect us.
I will not vote because i do not see nothing in these 2 where God is being glorified and i do not see him being the focus when he comes in either.

2008/9/25 12:36Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: my opinion on christians voting

This is a must listen, and make sure you listen to the testimony after the message. Truly amazing.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13193&commentView=itemComments]A Spiritual voting booth[/url]

2008/9/25 12:44Profile
bible1985

Re:

thanks brother

2008/9/26 2:43Profile

Re:

I gave nearly a decade of my life so that you could have the freedom to vote and I would appreciate it if you would at least exercise that freedom. I dont care who you vote for, or if you only vote in your local races... but please do something so that I can feel like my time of service wasnt wasted.

Krispy

2008/9/26 8:36
bible1985

Re:

So you went into service so we could vote or go to war i am confused. I don't think any of the canidates our going to be doing Gods work and i think they will be decieving. I really would rather not vote and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ and worry about the souls of the world instead of the worldly ungodly place that goes on here. Do you think they do this for the Glory of God, satan is in control of all of that. I don't want to vote and thats the freedom that God has given me from the day i was born. Nothing against what you did, but all of this was God given, don't tell me that i have to give you credit or the armed forces. I appreciate what they have done but i will not be forced to be all american and have to vote ans stand up for the usa when this country does not stand for christ anymore. When the presidents talk about Jesus maybe i will vote.

2008/9/26 14:16Profile

Re:

I'll ignore your tyrade and just point out that the freedoms we have here in this country allow believers such as you and I to spread the gospel around the world in ways we wouldnt be able to if it wasnt for our freedoms.

If you choose not to vote thats your decision, but when the doors shut so that you can not spread the gospel... dont look at me.

And by the way, there is someone running as a Vice Prez who does happen to be a Spirit filled believer. First time in my memory thats ever happened before. I'm not saying that makes her worthy of our vote... just pointing out that there is indeed a candidate who isnt apologizing for being a born again, spirit filled believer... and IS taking it on the chin for it.

Krispy

2008/9/26 15:38
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Amen Krispy.
I think one forfeits one's right to complain about the deeds and misdeeds of the future president when they forfeit the opportunity to vote. If we choose not to vote than I suggest we likewise keep our mouths tightly sealed when we disagree. Rulers who establish righteous laws (even non-christian ones) are praised in scripture and we are told that under their leadership the righteous rejoice.

PROVERBS 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

I think when we find "earthly" things, such as voting, to be to "unspiritual" for us to waste our time on, that it is evidence we are trying TOO hard to be spiritual. This kind of lifestyle, in fact, turns out to be woefully unspiritual itself. Just my thoughts!

Now I'm not here to tell you who to vote for (cough...McCain...cough...Palin...cough) - Ahem, excuse me. I would say, however, that if you are a believer I don't think voting should be an option. Let's not allow the homosexuals, the abortionists, the atheists and secular humanists shape our society - as I guarantee very few of them will be at home studying their propaganda on voting day. Nay, my friends, they will be at the polls! Yes we shape things through prayer, but don't forget that although Moses intercessory posture was the key to Joshua's victory over the Amalekites, their had to be a Joshua and an army in place for the intercession to do any good. Sure an engine is good, but outside of a car it's not going to get you anywhere. We need Moses, Aaron and Hur, but we also need Joshua and his army on voting day.

Just my thoughts . . .

God bless!
Jeff

2008/9/26 16:37Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I know that political discussions are usually forbidden here at SermonIndex (for good reason). This discussion is ongoing -- and has been rehashed for years. It might be best ascertained by simply looking at the old threads, and considering their outcome.

However, I will interject this: If you complain about those who decide to vote (which is simply a "voiced" opinion about the direction of this nation), then please refrain from EVER complaining once the election is over. In my mind, a person's right to complain is lost by the fact that he did nothing to prevent such things. If people don't vote to stop abortion, then why should I listen to them complain about abortions? If people don't vote to stop homosexual activists who want to corrupt the concept of "holy matrimony," then why should I listen to them complain about gay marriage?

My dad served in the military -- and made a career of it. He is an educated man and could have worked anywhere. Yet he chose to remain in the military for over 23 years. He didn't do this because of the pay, or because he was "bloodthirsty," or because he wanted to "fight," or because he believed in every aspect of U.S. policy. He did it because he wanted to maintain the freedom that this nation provides.

Anyway, I do believe in voting. It is simply a voice that actually can help decide the direction of the policies of this nation.

2008/9/26 17:02Profile
Isaiah64

Re:

Quote:
And by the way, there is someone running as a Vice Prez who does happen to be a Spirit filled believer.

There is, however, one huge problem: this "Spirit filled believer" is disobeying God's command in Scripture that women submit to their husbands and take care of their children. As lively, godly, and talented as she may be, her duty right now is to raise her 5 kids who so desperately need her, but she is neglecting to do this.

(Btw, I would recommend the following article by Voddie Baucham:
[url=http://www.voddiebaucham.org/vbm/Blog/Entries/2008/8/30_Did_McCain_Make_a_Pro-Family_Pick____.html ]Did McCain Make a Pro-Family VP Pick?[/url])

Believers are faced with two bad choices, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place: do I choose the democrat and contribute to the wickedness in this nation (abortion, homosexuality, etc) or do I go for the republican and further contribute to the liberalization of christendom and the complete ruin of the family (which as history has proven will do far [i]greater[/i] damage than any liberal can do)?

If we want to be fair and understanding we must take this very important factor into consideration. This is not an easy choice for Christians, so I can see how not voting would be a very reasonable alterntative for some.

Quote:
If you choose not to vote thats your decision, but when the doors shut so that you can not spread the gospel... dont look at me.

I'm afraid it's too late for that. Perhaps like Ravenhill said, the only place we'll have revival is in concentration camps!

2008/9/26 19:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
i will not be forced to be all american and have to vote ans stand up for the usa when this country does not stand for christ anymore.

This country never recognized Christ...that is the problem, you can't say you believe in God and ignore Jesus Christ.. My opinion is that I don't even think this country was ever Christian. Most of the signers were deist.

Quote:
When the presidents talk about Jesus maybe i will vote.

That could be the sign of the end times :-)

2008/9/26 21:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy