SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : did Jesus really die spiritually

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Quote:
BlazedbyGod wrote:

Quote:
Acts 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Just so we don't get confused, Jesus didn't just have a spirit, He had THEE Holy Spirit.
If not, there would have been two(2) Holy Spirits.
The One spirit Jesus had AND the "Original".
This is why (I think) The Holy Spirit couldn't come untill He had risen.
This is also why The Father is not [b]A[/b] spirit, but is spirit with out the "artical"

However, you are correct in that we all have a spirit and not the Spirit.

The scripture is very clear:

John 4:24 God is [b]a Spirit[/b]: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Why can't we just believe what the verses say, the way they say them?

The Father is "a Spirit" as Jesus says, the Father is One Spirit, the Father is/has 7 Spirits
Rev 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the [b]seven Spirits of God[/b].

The Father is, and can be " a Spirit" -because that is the ONLY (singular) Spirit (capital S) which exists.

2008/9/4 16:11Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Ephesians 4:2-10 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

God is Spirit, Jesus Christ is also Spirit, and a given, so is the Holy Spirit.

One God and Father of us all. The Trinity, God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit, of which They are One Spirit and that is the One Spirit we are baptized into. The Father and Jesus Christ making their abode with us and the Holy Spirit given at Pentecost. We have the One Spirit of the Trinity in each and every believer, that is our new birth.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/9/4 16:20Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Quote:

"""How long was Jesus in Hell?"""

Jesus was in Hades as long as it took Him to speak the Good News of His resurrection and acknowledgement of their place in the Kingdom of God.

The body of Christ did not see corruption. Rigor-Mortis sets in with in 6 hours of death, and since the body of Christ did not see corruption as did Lazarus did, His resurrection must have been within that 6 hours. When Jesus went into Hades, He did not go their to experience Hades, He went their to preach the Good News to those that were waiting for Him.

Jesus went into Hades with all the Glory of God, resurrected, glorified, in person. Just like He appeared in the upper room with the door locked.

Just like He rose into the clouds in His Assention and seated on the Throne with His Father.

Jesus did not have to experience Hell, He is the One that made it and put it into effect.

That doctrine is purely Copeland Theology, with Hagen, Hinn, and all the other name it and claim it preachers.

His manifestation of His resurrection on the third day was to fulfill prophecy. The stone was rolled away and He was not there and had not been there, but preaching to the Saints in Hades in His Glorified and Resurrected body.

God the Father kept the soul of Jesus from being in Hades and Jesus Himself had the power to give His life and take it up again. Why would Jesus need to spend three days and three nights in Hades, save for the preaching of the Good News that He is Come, resurrected into His new body of flesh and Bone with the blood of His Flesh and Blood body shed on the Cross for those He was preaching to.

1 John 4:2-6 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

"Is Come", not has come.

Christ is come in me in my flesh also: which the Holy Spirit has quickened to contain the Son of God. Amen

Phillip

The Bible is clear that Christ rose, resurrected " on the third day"- he did not resurrect before 6 hours was up.

Luke 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and [b]to rise from the dead the third day[/b]:

Matt 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, [b]and be raised again the third day[/b].

Mt 17:23 And they shall kill him, [b]and the third day he shall be raised again[/b]. And they were exceeding sorry.

Mt 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: [b]and the third day he shall rise again[/b]

All of these verses, and many more, declare rose/resurrected " the third day"-none of them, not one of them, say he will rise again 6 hours later.

Mark 9:31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, [b]he shall rise the third day.[/b]

It said he would actually rise the third day-not just simply the manifestation of some pre-resurrection suppoedly 6hours after he died.

Luke 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: [b]and the third day he shall rise again[/b].

Also I might add, I have never listened to Copland, or Hagin's theology, neither have I read any of their books or teachings, actually I have never even heard a sermon from either one of those men.

2008/9/4 16:20Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Then you don't believe what you wrote:

Quote:

"""Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said,Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost .

And we know that right after Jesus said this, he descended to the lower regions of the earth paradise/hell. As Paul said, he that ascedened FIRST descended.

Whenever the scripture speak of a spirit other than the Holy Spirit, it makes the "s" lower case, but when it speaks of the Holy Spirit the "S" is always capitalized in the New Testament, and in the above scripture Luke 23:46 the "s" is lower case just like:"""

Rose on the third day is the physical manifestation of what had already happened. He went to the spirits in Hades in the Glory of His resurrection. Lest how would the spirits in Hades know it was Jesus Christ the Son of God, The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. He did not need His Physical Body for that, but the resurrection power of God had already taken place that His Physical Body did not see corruption.

Jesus could move in all demention, physical and spiritual, third and forth dementions as He pleased. Through walls, when nobody would recognize who He was unless He manifest Himself to them as the Risen Christ. He could appear as a unrecognizable Spirit, or recognizable Spirit, unrecognizable flesh body or recognizable.
Even if He did not use His physical Body in the tomb, to preach to those in the lower parts of the earth, His body still did not see corruption because of the promise of the Father, but on the third He did use His Physical Body to manifest the prophecy and came forth physically in an Incorruptable body.

2008/9/4 17:15Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Then you don't believe what you wrote:

Quote:

"""Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said,Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost .

And we know that right after Jesus said this, he descended to the lower regions of the earth paradise/hell. As Paul said, he that ascedened FIRST descended.

Whenever the scripture speak of a spirit other than the Holy Spirit, it makes the "s" lower case, but when it speaks of the Holy Spirit the "S" is always capitalized in the New Testament, and in the above scripture Luke 23:46 the "s" is lower case just like:"""

Rose on the third day is the physical manifestation of what had already happened. He went to the spirits in Hades in the Glory of His resurrection. Lest how would the spirits in Hades know it was Jesus Christ the Son of God, The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. He did not need His Physical Body for that, but the resurrection power of God had already taken place that His Physical Body did not see corruption.

Jesus could move in all demention, physical and spiritual, third and forth dementions as He pleased. Through walls, when nobody would recognize who He was unless He manifest Himself to them as the Risen Christ. He could appear as a unrecognizable Spirit, or recognizable Spirit, unrecognizable flesh body or recognizable.
Even if He did not use His physical Body in the tomb, to preach to those in the lower parts of the earth, His body still did not see corruption because of the promise of the Father, but on the third He did use His Physical Body to manifest the prophecy and came forth physically in an Incorruptable body.

So now you are saying his spirit resurrected right when he said" Father into thy hands I commend my spirit?

Trust, me, I believe what I said.

When the Bible speaks of the resurrection of Christ, it is speaking of his body-yes, Christ went to Hell in spirit form, and his body was resurrected the third day.

When I said and right after this, he descended into the lower regions of the earth, I am not ONLY referring to his body being put in the grave, I am also referring to his spirit descending into hell.

2008/9/4 17:27Profile
nomorechains

Re:

It's the basis of sound doctrine that physical death cannot occur without first experiencing a spiritual death.

That said I think the problem is in how each of us are defining the term "spiritual death"

If by spiritual death you mean separation from God, Jesus certainly experienced that

2 Cor 5:21 For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This scripture makes it clear that
He was made to be sin. I suggest to you that unless Jesus experienced physical death He could not have been made sin

However let us make sure we are all on the same page with the term spiritual death.

I believe that the bible makes it clear that no spirit "literally" dies, all are eternal. This is why hell is necessary, its a place where those who are spiritually dead ( separated from God) will serve their life sentences. Jesus said Hell was prepared for Satan and his angels. Similarly one can say Hell was not a place prepared with the intenetion that it was for the souls of men, but I digress.

Obviously Jesus went into Hell as a conquerer, John 14:6 says I am the way the truth and the Life. One can say Jesus was saying this

I am the Way of Life, I am the Truth of Life and I am the Life of Life.

In other words as stated in John 1:9 Jesus is Life itself, the source of Life. Everything was created by Him and through Him so that He could actually die is certainly out of the question, yet He temporarily experienced spiritual death, meaning separation from the Godhead when sin was laid upon Him on the Cross. At the point of physical death He entered Satans realm as a Conqueror.
Jesus Literally Being The Life of Life, He overcame the sting of spiritual death and physical death at the point He stated it is finished. One can say He fooled the enemy into thinking He could actually die, for if the enemy knew Jesus would enter his realm as a conqueror He certainly would've not crucified our Lord.

One can go one step further and say if Colossians 1:16 is correct, then Jesus certainly had a hand in preparing Satan's eternal prison. In that case, how could it hold Jesus.
The keys literally belong to Him! Jesus IS the Warden!

2008/9/4 18:10Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

Jesus is one in Spirit with God , i cannot find in Scripture where Jesus had 2 spirits a human one and the Holy Spirit. the Holy Spirit conceived Jesus, remember. He was God in the flesh. Emanuel, God is with us. in eph.4:1-9 pual is speaking of us walking lowly in meekness,Jesus' descending paul was refering to here is speaking of Him coming from heaven to earth and the grave . i shall clarify many points in this discussion soon

2008/9/4 18:48Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

hagin says Jesus' spirit and inner man went to hell in my place, and says Jesus tasted spiritual death for everyman, he says that physical death would'nt remove your sins. this is on tape # 44 H01 .hagin also says that the believer is as much of an incarnation as Jesus Christ.in faith food,winter, 4th edition,1979.

2008/9/4 19:15Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
BlazedbyGod wrote:

The scripture is very clear:

John 4:24 God is [b]a Spirit[/b]: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Why can't we just believe what the verses say, the way they say them?

Notice I said, "The [b]Father[/b] is not A spirit, but is spirit with out the "artical"

Actually the verse says "God is spirit" with out the artical.

There is [b]a[/b] Spirit in the God head, but I meant that the [b]Father[/b] is not [b]a[/b] spirit.
But, this is sorta off the topic.

2008/9/4 19:31Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
clintstone wrote:
hagin says Jesus' spirit and inner man went to hell in my place, and says Jesus tasted spiritual death for everyman, he says that physical death would'nt remove your sins. this is on tape # 44 H01 .hagin also says that the believer is as much of an incarnation as Jesus Christ.in faith food,winter, 4th edition,1979.

Hagan is a heritic from the start.
He is a heritic on more than one subject.
He is also a false prophet, you shouldn't be listening to him in the first place.

2008/9/4 19:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy