SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : So Which is it, Was Adam purposed to Fall or was he purposed for the incarnation of Christ Jesus?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

So Which is it, Was Adam purposed to Fall or was he purposed for the incarnation of Christ Jesus?

In this we must keep in mind, God changed the names of several in the scriptures. Knowing the circumstances of why He did can help us with this.

So whatta ya think?

2008/8/4 9:55
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: So Which is it, Was Adam purposed to Fall or was he purposed for the incarnation

None is wise enough to presume to understand
God in His infinite wisdom!!

2008/8/4 10:16Profile

Re:

Thats good thinking. Sez much.. . .))

C'mon, you can do better than that, can't you?

I say the latter because God wanted "many sons brought unto [His] Glory". . . Paul wrote that.

2008/8/4 10:52
Logic

Re: So Which is it, Was Adam purposed to Fall or was he purposed for the incarnation

Quote:
Ormly wrote:
So Which is it, Was Adam purposed to Fall or was he purposed for the incarnation of Christ Jesus?

Neither.

2008/8/4 14:54Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Let us look at Scripture-

Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

We read in the Revelation that Christ was "the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world"(Rev 13:8).

So, it is very easy to see that God knew that in fact Adam would fall and plunge mankind into sin.

But God had already established that there would be a Savior.

I suppose in one sense, yes Adam was purposed to fall, but not by God's design. Adam used his free will(yes Adam had free will, similar to us as Christians who can choose God's way or our own, but the unregenerate do not have this ability)and chose to think that he indeed knew better than God what was good and evil.

We cannot climb into the Heavenly realm to figure this out, but we must understand that even Satan was created by God, and exists for God's own pleasure and purposes.

For us and for our salvation, Adam was allowed to fall, and thus Christ was needed and we see in the Scriptures the failed attempts of Satan to stop the Seed of the woman that would crush his head.

I think Psalm 115:3 beautifully sums up much of what happens in our world-
"But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased."

2008/8/4 15:14Profile

Re:

From that I surmise you believe Adam was created to fail just so Jesus could be born 4 thousand years later to redeem us. Did I get that right or did I leave something out?

2008/8/4 16:45
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Ormly,

Once you get this figured out, then what?

ginnyrose

2008/8/4 18:22Profile
preacher777E

Re:

That is very true.The hebrew word for,in the begining (B'resheet)contains the gospel when you break it down.It seems possible that Adam being one with Eve was destroyed with the sin of Eve.What I mean is that she had to be 100% different from him but his love for her may have been the same.In Jer.3:1 it states that if a women is divorced and joins to another it would corrupt the land to take her back, but he (Yeshua) said come back.This is no contradiction.In Num.5 we hear about a cup, to save his bride he had to take on flesh and take the cup meant for us.Could this be the cup he talked about in the garden.Adam was a shadow of Messiah.

2008/8/4 18:31Profile

Re:

))) Patience, Dear One.

2008/8/4 18:38

Re:

Quote:

preacher777E wrote:
That is very true.The hebrew word for,in the begining (B'resheet)contains the gospel when you break it down.It seems possible that Adam being one with Eve was destroyed with the sin of Eve.What I mean is that she had to be 100% different from him but his love for her may have been the same.In Jer.3:1 it states that if a women is divorced and joins to another it would corrupt the land to take her back, but he (Yeshua) said come back.This is no contradiction.In Num.5 we hear about a cup, to save his bride he had to take on flesh and take the cup meant for us.Could this be the cup he talked about in the garden.Adam was a shadow of Messiah.

Well you are still looking at Adam after the fact, after the fact of his failure that now required a redeemer to cancel out. What if Adam had not failed? We must remember God said multiply, replenish the earth. What did God have in mind if not a creation filled and perfected in Him? Perfection requires divinity. Certainly He didn't want it whereby procreation would be forever tempted; hindered/badgered by the enemy of God that sought to destroy what God created; to sever it so completely from God to place it in the same damnable condition he was in. Certainly it could never have been where the sinless and the sinful could exist together, a mixer of sinless ones mixed in with sinful ones. Sorry that does not compute. There had to be a conclusion in God for Adam had he not transgressed. What we can see from scripture is not speculative but supportive that Adam was to be what Jesus became, i.e., a Divine-Human representative in the Godhead. Of course we know in order for that to happen Adam would have to become divine perfection, again, as Jesus, in His flesh, became, a forever Glorified body.

The devil messed that up by his solicitations to Eve.

2008/8/4 19:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy