Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : INTER RACIAL MARRIAGES

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: INTER RACIAL MARRIAGES

I think it is an absolute disgrace to the Body of Christ to make divisions along social, economic, racial, or cultural lines. There is way too much of that in our churches today and I believe it grieves God. The world has many divisions along those lines but the Body of Christ should be different; it just shows how worldly the church has become.

Revelation 5:9 [i] And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;[/i]

People from every kindred, tongue, people, and nation are united in Christ, why don't we recognize that truth and rejoice in it?

In Christ,

Ron

2004/7/5 14:35Profile
AFRICANWARIV

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Neniwo ndiriwe kuZimbabwe!!

Mwana Wevhu

Ndeipi yako. Ndiri kuenda kumusha next week moday.Ndiri mupfana weku Highfields, saka rega ndimbonodya mazondo nematumbu, and not forgeting maguru. I was home in December and I am nmow going to pick up my two daughters. please pray for me that the VISAS may not be a problem. Anyway how is Texas. I hope to come to Texas one day, because I have several friends there and I am made to understand kuti maZimba akazara kuDallas texas.So what are you doing in the States and for how long have you been here

2004/7/5 18:20Profile
AFRICANWARIV

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Its a pity in that the church which is suppossed to be beacon of light, has failed on this issue of interacial marriages. i have been warned several times that I will not get a ministry opportunity in most states , just because most people do not accept interacial marriages. I have been greeted with mixed feelings everytime I go to preach in several places, once they discover that I am intending to marry a white girl. In Africa it is not a big thing to marry a person of a different race. People actually respect you. When i told my mom who cannot that I wanted to marry a white girl she was thrilled and gave me her full blessings. The same cannot be said of my girlfriend's parents, they are finding it hard to accept that their daughter loves a black guy.

2004/7/5 18:28Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

technically there can be no inter-racial marriages. We only have one race down here. although people comtemplating Klingon or Vulcan partners should proceed cautiously. :-D

2004/7/6 3:54Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Re:

I don't think there is anything wrong with interracial marriage. The Bible doesn't say anything about it. Just to love one another. Not "love your race."

I think that Christians that don't believe in interracial marriage are probably talking about their own preference and views.

Slavery and our US history still has a big impact on us today. Althought people aren't typically racist they still have their "learned" view on black/white issues. They believe certain things, but it doesn't make them racist.

Something that my mom told me was that it just makes your life harder because so many people disapprove. Your whole life, people stare, make comments, say you shouldn't be together, ostracize you. I think lots of people are just trying to keep you from makeing a hard life for yourself.

But If you love her, that's all that matters. Pray continuously, count the cost, and if she's worth it (which I know she is, or you wouldn't be asking this question)then go for it. Who cares what everyone thinks. ;-)

2004/7/6 15:14Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re: Ye are not of this world

Mumwe wangu

One thing my sister was quick to point out to me is that it takes a while to get used to being a minority. I say, “Minority” not because of your skin color, but because of your faith. If life has taught me one lesson repeatedly, it is that not all who profess to be Christians are in fact disciples of Christ. If one is not a disciple of Christ they are of this world, and the love of Christ does not live in them. It is because of this that prejudices arrive and unconditional love is hindered. The words of Christ are always comforting in these cases:

John 15:18-25 18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

James

PS: Sha, enda zvako kumba unombo tora mafemo! Ticha ramba tichinamatira nyaya dzemavisa. Jesu anobvise namo, anopenya mumoyo. Naizvozvo ndinovimaba kuti achakupfukidza nokupenya.

2004/7/7 9:00Profile
godobey

Re: INTER RACIAL MARRIAGES

I hate racism. :cry:

2004/7/7 9:42Profile
All2and4Him

Re:

AfricanwarIV, it is messed up that people hold that. Just like Jim said, one of the problems though is that many churches in our country tell people who dont love that they are saved because they hold a philosophical understanding of Christ. These people not only do not love, they do not repent. The bible says in 1 John that none who hate their brother will enter His kingdom.

If you look at the story of Miriam's leprosy in the old testament, you will find that it came out of the situation in which Moses had an ethiopian wife. No true christian will hate. The word is clear on this. Its rather simple. If someone does not love or repent, they are a false believer. A lot of times they dont even know it either. This is a mission field like no other in the world.

your brother

John

All to and for Him

2004/7/8 19:22Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Amen brother John to all you said particularly "No true Christian will hate." You're absolutely right.

In light of some of the recent discussions, I've been listening to a sermon by Brother Conlon from Times Square Church entitled Only One Church Testifies To Christ's Power. It touches a bit on racism, as well as "false fire." I would encourage you to listen to it. Here's a link to the latest sermons from TSC. This one was done on June 20: http://www.timessquarechurch.org/sermons/.

Ed

2004/7/9 9:36Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re:

I am horrified that any professing Christian would dare to hold the belief that melanin can dictate who you may or may not marry...and then claim that God says so. No way.
When God told the Israelites not to marry those of other nations, it was not for the color of their skin or their cultural persuasions. It was simply and solely a result of the gods they follow, and the one true living God knew that the Israelites would follow after these false gods if they immersed themselves with a people who surrounded themselves with idols.
It had nothing to do with skin color.
I will have a new body in heaven someday, and my husband will as well. We will not be married in heaven (Matthew 22:30). But here on earth, where there is neither Jew nor Greek, black nor white, in the eyes of God...if my husband were Mexican or Russian or Argentinian or Hawaiian or Phillipino or Egyptian or Iraqi or Cambodian or South African...he would be my husband, a brother in Christ, a child of the King, and fellow co-heir with Christ.
May the Holy Spirit convict me should I ever see it any other way, and I pray the same for any other true believer.

2004/7/11 21:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy