SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama: America is 'no longer Christian'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Obama: America is 'no longer Christian'

[b]Obama: America is 'no longer Christian'[/b]

JERUSALEM – Some have been taking issue with largely unnoticed comments made last year by Sen. Barack Obama declaring the U.S. is "no longer a Christian nation" but is also a nation of others, including Muslims and nonbelievers. The comments have been recently recirculating on Internet blogs.

"Whatever we once were, we're no longer a Christian nation. At least not just. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, and a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers," Obama said during a June 2007 speech available on YouTube.

At the speech, Obama also seemingly blasted the "Christian Right" for hijacking religion and using it to divide the nation: ...

read more: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=67735

2008/6/23 14:31Profile
repentcanada

Re: Obama: America is 'no longer Christian'

Obama quote, "If (my daughters) make a mistake, I don't want to punish them with a baby."

2008/6/23 15:16Profile

Re:

I do not come to Mr Obama's defense because I am a person of color or because I just want him in office for my selfish reasons, but I am disturbed that just as the media networks take so much of this mans word out of context, so do we.

Even with the other candidates, so much of their speech is ruined by media and onlookers.

I simply interpret that Obama is stating that this is a nation of diversity, this (America is not a theocracy, please Saints, stop making it out to be) Jesus is coming back for a people without spot, wrinkle or blemish, not a country of patriotic and radical flag supporters.

Everyone running for such office have an agenda, and that alone is what we shouldn't forget.

The issues of Abortion and Gays is quite important, and I am a pastor, a pastor with Holy conviction, but we gag at a gnat and swallow a camel.

Please no one take this as an insult, this a condition within the Church body today.

Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, yes, but let us not be so adamant about the two above sins and issues, but about our Zeal for God.

Remember this Saints,

Obama says what he has to, just like McCain or Clinton, and how about Mr. Edwards?

I don't think the public as a whole can deal with a heart like Obama, not because he is part African, but because he does stand for righteousness, but he also needs votes and money, lots of money and supporters.
I guess people think George Bush is part of the Theocratic leaders of Israel's time right? He has help destroy America in a radical manner

He is a man that I believe that if we do not commit him with prayer to the Lord, he will be in torment after he leaves the White House, when it is all quiet and he has to hear his own thoughts, and of course, the thoughts God will give him.

They are politicians, they are fabricators, liars, and potentially rogue leaders, period, and that goes for all of them.

Love bros

EJG

2008/8/21 16:16

Re:

Well... "Rev" Wright certainly wasnt taken out of context. In fact, his entire "G___ D___ America" sermon was played on CNN without interuption on the Glenn Beck Show.

... and you'll never convince me that Obama sat in that church for 20 years and never noticed this type of garbage being preached, nor was he influenced by it.

Yes, I agree he is being taken out of context a lot. Thats what the media does. But I've heard enough from his pastor to have a pretty good idea of what Mr. Obama's leanings are.

And I'm not excited about McCain either.

Neither one of these men are fit to pour water out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel.

Krispy

2008/8/21 16:22
TheophilusMD

New Jersey

Re:

Quote:
I don't think the public as a whole can deal with a heart like Obama, not because he is part African, [u]but because he does stand for righteousness[/u], but he also needs votes and money, lots of money and supporters.

The underlined statement is quite a surprise to me.

2008/8/21 17:42Profile

Re: Obama: America is 'no longer Christian'

Quote:
Obama: America is 'no longer Christian'

Were we ever?

2008/8/21 18:12
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings EJG

In your last post you wrote....
I don't think the public as a whole can deal with a heart like Obama, not because he is part African, but because he does stand for righteousness,.......

Did you mean to write because he dose not stand for righteousness? I just thought I would clarify because Mr. Obama is not a man that stands for Godly Biblical righteousness. I am praying for him though to repent and come to the Lord just as I am for all who are lost.

God Bless
MJ

2008/8/21 18:34Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:

TheophilusMD wrote:
Quote:
I don't think the public as a whole can deal with a heart like Obama, not because he is part African, [u]but because he does stand for righteousness[/u], but he also needs votes and money, lots of money and supporters.

The underlined statement is quite a surprise to me.

As it is to me.

Clarification IS needed when someone claims that a person that supports abortion is somehow part of righteousness.

2008/8/21 18:53Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi ejg...

Dear brother, I noticed that you made a comment indicating in the Rick Warren thread regarding how we should remain non-political. However, you went on to dig up two seperate month-old threads and make political comments. For some of us, there is a fine line between politics and our spiritual discussion. For others, there is no line at all. I've noticed that there has been a tendency to accept the thoughts of some that can be construed as "political" in nature (such as beliefs regarding how utterly non-involved we must be with our earthly citizenship)...but any rebuttal of such thoughts are often viewed as "political." Perhaps the solution is to not discuss the personal beliefs and issues that would cause a heated political discussion [i]in the first place[/i]?

Quote:
I don't think the public as a whole can deal with a heart like Obama, not because he is part African, but because he does [u]stand for righteousness[/u], but he also needs votes and money, lots of money and supporters.

???

:-(

2008/8/21 19:43Profile

The privledge of ownership.

To all,
I'm a bit confused here.

Now, I understand "property", the concept of property, ownership, etc. This cyber-property belongs to Greg Gordon, and he has laboured long and hard to bring sermons and writings to the Body of Christ. May God bless him for his many hours of labor, selfless labor.

I also was led to understand that we are to refrain from political postings, this I understand also.

Now Greg can post WHATEVER he wants on this forum, it is his PROPERTY, it is his privledge as owner of the property.

But the very genesis of this thread is totally political in nature, so which is it?

Are we also not free to disagree?

I await this website's leaderships answer, as I happen to agree with Brother EJG, because I know Senator Obama, I know he is a righteous man, I know that he loves Jesus.

There's a LOT more I can say, but I shall keep my counsel, until I hear what is permissible to speak about on this forum.

natan

2008/8/21 20:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy