SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : why do some people dont get healed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Ole

why do some people dont get healed?

Paul had his thorn, WIgglesworth had his problems, and so on.

you could say in some cases, it is unbelief, or they havent heard from God or so, but is it really that simple?

can some one please help me understand this subject ?

God bless

Ole

2008/6/17 13:36Profile
Thommy2

Wisconsin

Re: why do some people dont get healed?

Although I think we can ALWAYS pray to be healed and be in God's will...sometimes it just doesn't happen. We have to remember that we are in a fallen sinful world, and although a sickness may not be from a direct personal sin/rebellion (like some churches teach) we do live in and through the aftershocks of a rebelious fall. I think this is an issue we will not know until we see His glorious face

2008/6/17 13:40Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Well, this might not be the answer you are looking for but... sometimes God just sees it best that a healing doesn't take place. Why? I'm sure there can be many factors. All of which God knows. :-)

I know some preach that physical healing was part of the atonement. I think that since good godly men, even in the scriptures, had physical ailments it should be proof enough that physical healing isn't included in the atonement.

Consider if physical healing is in the atonement. If physical healing is in the atonement just like forgiveness of sins are in the atonement then the same reasons that a person's sins are forgiven or not forgiven are the same reasons a person is or isn't healed. Is that always the case? Is sin and unbelief of the individual really the only reasons any person on the earth is sick?

Thankfully, there will be a resurrection!

2008/6/17 15:13Profile
theopenlife

Re:

This is a question many people ask, especially in circles where sickness is directly associated with sin. It is a sad fact that I know a man whose sister-in-law was expelled from her church for prolonged sickness, which they took for evidence that she was in secret sin. What a terrible and unfortunate misunderstanding of the scriptures! Perhaps a glance into God's word will now reveal, as Jesus did, that sickness is not always a result of unrepented sin or faithlessness, but is sometimes allowed by God for the sake of manifesting His glory.

Let us begin with this passage from John's gospel, 9:1-3:

"And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who sinned, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him."

A common belief is that all sickness is a consequence or evidence of one's sin-nature, a sort of earthly punishment for being sinful. Others belief it is proof of a "lack of faith". There are some errors with this line of thought. If illness was in fact always and only a by-product or proof of indwelling depravity, or of faithlessness, then it would make sense that sickness is something which only sinners can justly experience. However, this would not explain why other creatures which are neither sinful nor capable of faith also experience sickness. What do we make of rabid dogs, diseased cattle, or avian flu?

Let us first dispense with the notion that animals are sometimes sinful or faithless, and so endure sickness. Certainly animals sometimes inconvenience or even endanger humans, but this is not sin. If it were, God himself would be a sinner! Sin is nothing other than the violation of God's law. [1 John 3:4] Animals have no sin because no law was given to them. Romans 5:13 makes this plain, saying that "Where there is no law, sin is not imputed." Why then do sinless creatures and forgiven people sometimes endure weakness and suffering?

To understand the answer we must go back to the origin. When the world was first created God granted Adam authority to subdue and represent it. Adam was the federal head of earthly creation. When he sinned all of the physical creation which he represented was cast into the temporal repercussions of suffering with him. The creation now looks forward, as it were, to being set free from these effects of the fall.

"The creation itself shall also be set free from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now. " [Romans 8:22]

Sickness in itself is neither sinful, nor necessarily a repercussion of personal sin or faithlessness, or else animals would be necessarily sinners. I assure you, my dog will not be at the judgment seat awaiting his sentence, but this very night he is sick with an infection in the eyes. His sickness comes as the effect of Adam's sin. Though animals are not sinners, they are federally subjected to the temporal consequences which their and our original head, Adam, brought upon the creation.

For this same reason Christ, though born of a virgin and thereby free from spiritual corruption in his soul, was birthed into the physiological weaknesses of his mother. He dealt with the same temporal repercussions of sin in the world which animals face. He hungered after fasting [Luke 4:2], his capillaries burst under stress [Luke 22:44], and he thirsted on the cross [John 19:28-29].

The people who said of Jesus, "isn't this the carpenter, the son of Joseph?" may have remembered him pricking his finger on a splinter, quickly drawing it to his mouth. How could such a normal person be the Christ, they thought? Yet Jesus was not only fully God, but fully man in every way, sin excepted. In order to perfectly represent broken men, Christ had to come as a broken man. The author of Hebrews explains why.

"Therefore since the children [for whom Christ died] are made out of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; so that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil... For this reason he [Jesus Christ] had to be made like his brethren in every respect, so that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people." [Hebrews 2:14-15, 17]

For these reasons I believe even Jesus was prone to sickness. So, the next time you feel a cold coming on, lift your prayers to Christ who was himself tempted to complain and become discouraged, yet never succumbed to the temptation. He is merciful and compassionate toward all his children whom he represents as a perfect priest before the Father. He may desire to heal you now or, like the blind man in John 9:1-3, to use your patient endurance of illness as a means to manifest God's glory. My prayer is that you saints would be "strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and long-suffering with joyfulness." [Colossians 1:11]

Hope that helps you, God bless.

2008/6/17 16:20Profile

Re:

This will really bless you. My mother died of cancer so this really touched my heart:

http://www.vineyardboise.org/hear_the_word/2007/adventure/14_Mae_Rodes.wmv

2008/6/17 20:39
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I know some preach that physical healing was part of the atonement. I think that since good godly men, even in the scriptures, had physical ailments it should be proof enough that physical healing isn't included in the atonement.

Physical healing is provided in the atonement of Christ. Otherwise, on what basis would healing be provided? Indeed, some glad morning when this life is over, all who believe will experience the benefit of the healing that is provided in the atonement. For the perishable will put on the imperishable, and we will be transformed.

The issue is not if healing is provided in the atonement, rather, the issue is in regard to the time and application of that healing. While there is indisputable connection in the gospels between faith and healing, there is also the issue of why some went unhealed. Sometimes, indeed, healing could not come because of a lack of faith. But as in the case of the beggar that Peter and John healed outside the temple (who, no doubt, Christ must have come across at some time), sometimes the timing simply is not right.

To me, it seems a mystery as to why God heals some and waits to heal others. It would seem every situation is unique and contains a number of variables. But ultimately, it boils down to God showing mercy to whom He shows mercy.

2008/6/17 22:41Profile
HopeinChrist

Re: why do some people dont get healed?

This verse really helped me when my daughter was born with down syndrome.
Exodus 4:11
11And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Also in the gospels you can see accounts where Jesus healed but not everyone was healed. Of course that does not answer why but at least we can see healing, even when Jesus was physically on earth was not dispensed to everyone. God heals whom and when He chooses.
Hope

2008/6/18 15:25Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Physical healing is provided in the atonement of Christ. Otherwise, on what basis would healing be provided?

What scriptures do you think directly teach there is healing in the atonement? I don't see why God would have to be propitiated to heal someone. I understand why He would be to forgive sin, but not to heal.

There will be a resurrection, but that isn't because of the cross but rather of Christ's resurrection. I guess I don't see healing the same as resurrection.

Quote:
The issue is not if healing is provided in the atonement, rather, the issue is in regard to the time and application of that healing.

If healing is in the atonement like forgiveness of sins are, then they should be received similarly. Where in scriptures does a person believe God and then years later finally get justified? I'm under the impression the moment you believe you are justified. I understand that will ultimately be on the day of Judgment, but is a believer justified now or not? If he is justified now, then a person should be healed now. If we aren't justified now how can anyone be healed now? That is if healing and forgiveness of sins are in the atonement.

2008/6/18 16:00Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Here is another question if healing is in the atonement:

Are we to expect to live in "divine health"? If healing is in the atonement and we are walking in faith, I don't see how we could ever get sick. If sickness always has a direct connection with sin/unbelief- which seems to be remedied by the atonement- then we should only assume if someone is sick they are in sin/unbelief.

To me, the logic seems to flow as follows:

1)The atonement remedies sin/unbelief.

2)Sickness is directly related with sin/unbelief.

3) Therefore the atonement contains healing.

4) and in turn the only reason someone is sick is because they haven't received the atonement.

One of these statements have to be false or we should expect to live in divine health, right?

2008/6/18 16:17Profile
Thommy2

Wisconsin

Re:

Hey PreacherParsly I think King Jimmy answered your question
"Indeed, some glad morning when this life is over, all who believe will experience the benefit of the healing that is provided in the atonement. For the perishable will put on the imperishable, and we will be transformed. " - King Jimmy

If you were to define healing in the atonement based on King Jimmy's statement above I think that is very biblical.
I have diabetes and I know b/c of the atonement i can continually pray and be in God's will for him to heal me. I also know that someday whether in this life or the next I will be healed. When I am healed of my diabetes it will only be b/c the atonement of Jesus Christ.
I don't think King Jimmy (based on the statement above) is trying to say that you are instantly promised healing upon regeneration.

Thommy

2008/6/18 16:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy