SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Scotland: More Roman Catholic than Protestant

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Scotland: More Roman Catholic than Protestant

[b]Scotland: More Roman Catholic than Protestant[/b]

SCOTLAND has become more Roman Catholic than Protestant, with its congregations now outnumbering the Kirk for the first time since records began.

Figures compiled by the independent group Christian Research reveal that in 2005 the number of Catholics who went to Mass surpassed those who attended Church of Scotland services.
A total of 215,000 Catholics went to church, compared with only 20,400 attending the Church of Scotland.

read more: http://news.scotsman.com

2008/5/25 20:42Profile

Re: Scotland: More Roman Catholic than Protestant

This post shows the urgency of an intervention by God Himself if there is to be any hope for Britain. Greenock, the location of the conference, has a large population of mostly non-practising Catholics. The grim statistics of the health of British Christianity should spur us on in our prayers and efforts. While knowledge of genuine Christianty is at an all time low, this also presents the opportunity to share the Gospel to a people who literaly know nothing of it. This harvest is ripe...........Frank

2008/5/25 22:03
eternalvalue

Boaz, Al

Re: Scotland: More Roman Catholic than Protestant

All I can say is, I thank God for the Catholic Church. There are Godly men and women in the Catholic Church. :-D

2008/5/26 5:45Profile
davym

Re:

Quote:
All I can say is, I thank God for the Catholic Church. There are Godly men and women in the Catholic Church.

I believe the Roman Catholic Church is the most evil, corrupt and diabolical system devised by mankind. It damns the souls of millions, even billions while amassing riches unimaginable. All this under the guise of Christianity and moral purity.

What I would thank God for is that there are Catholics who are born again.

2008/5/26 7:01Profile

Re: The Great Whore STILL rides the beast

Quote:

eternalvalue wrote:
All I can say is, I thank God for the Catholic Church. There are Godly men and women in the Catholic Church. :-D

What is a cloistered nun? The office of a "nun" is not even in the Bible. Want to know where the idea comes from? Research Roman mythological systems and look for groups like the "Vestal Virgins" and temple prostitutes. While you're at it, look up pagan Rome's "pontiff", "diocese", "vicar", incense burning, multiple gods (now called saints), goddess worship, and statues. Why do you think this Satanic masterpiece is called "ROMAN" Catholic? Ancient Rome lives on today!

The Great Whore still rides the beast in all her monstrous glory! What in the world is penance--(pagans hurt themselves, I Kings 18:28)? What is a pope? A monk? A confessional? These are not Bible words--Romanism is an amalgamation of ancient, pagan, antichrist religions that hides its occult practices and deities behind Christian names. And the world calls her, "The Church"! What a Satanic coup! She calls herself, "Mother Church". She's a mother alright, but not of Christ's church. The Bible calls her THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH (Rev. 17:5). Oh, hallelujah for the truth of God's word. Thank you, Jesus we don't have to be deceived! It is worse than a horror movie and totally consistent with the Satanic nature of Romanism--a religion that has tortured and murdered MILLIONS and PROHIBITED the reading of the Bible.

[b]Former priest Charles Chiniquy said the following in 1888 in his book Fifty Years in the Church of Rome--[/b]
[b][color=CC0000]"...modern Protestants have not only forgotten what Rome was, what she is, and what she will forever be: the most irreconcilable and powerful enemy of the Gospel of Christ; but they consider her almost as a branch of the Church whose corner-stone is Christ...
"[The following is] an exact translation of the doctrine of the Church of Rome AS TAUGHT TODAY IN ALL ROMAN CATHOLIC SEMINARIES, COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITES, through the Summa Theologica of Thomas Aquinas, vol. iv., p. 90:

'Though heretics (Protestants) must not be tolerated because they deserve it, we must bear with them till, by the second admonition, they may be brought back to the faith of the church. But those who, after a second admonition, remain obstinate to their errors, must not only be excommunicated, but they must be delivered to the secular power to be exterminated.'[/color][/b]

Today, as we open our "Newer Version Bible" we are actually opening up the same corrupt Bible that Catholics do. All of the "newer versions" of today rely on the corrupt text of the 1881 "Revision" by Westcott and Hort.[b][color=990000] The coup started then.[/color][/b] What is the fruit of that Newer Version in the hands of the body of Christ today?

The "fruit" is the total absence of the heroes of the Protestant reformation. Men and women who were willing to die for their faith, to leave their homes and become missionaries in Africa, Asia, and over the entire globe. Men of wealth, who once saved, used it all for the spreading of the Gospel, the Good news, that Jesus Christ died for our sin.

Of course we have good preachers today, and we send our missionaries out--that go to these places, but nothing in comparison to the percentage of believers who went out in the 1700 & 1800's to the missionary field. We have NO preachers of the Word of God TODAY to match the likes of Jonathan Edwards, or John Wessley, or Charles Spurgeon, George Whitefield, just to name a few.

Today, our Bible has been corrupted. When we open our Bibles today, we no longer have the Protestant Bible in our hands. We now have the "Catholic Bible" in our hands when we open up our "New American Standard Bible" or our "New International Version Bible", the "International Standard Version, "The Message Bible"---you name it. Any version, other than the King James (Authorized version),[b] and we are on slippery slope, right where the Catholic Church and Satan want us to be.[/b]

Sincerely,

Walter

2008/5/26 9:38
eternalvalue

Boaz, Al

Re:

There is a lot of distorted history about the blessed Catholic church that protestants have been sucked into.It is best to read Catholic history from catholics themselves. I left the protestant and now I am a catholic(4 years).
:-D

2008/5/26 10:05Profile
davym

Re:

Quote:
There is a lot of distorted history about the blessed Catholic church that protestants have been sucked into.It is best to read Catholic history from catholics themselves. I left the protestant and now I am a catholic(4 years).

I'm interested to read this. Can I ask you what you feel are the main differences between Protestantism and Roman Catholicism? What put you off the Protestant Church?

I am good friends with many Roman Catholics, but find most of them indifferent to the Bible. They just seem to accept what the RC church tells them.

2008/5/26 10:26Profile

Re:

Quote:

eternalvalue wrote:
:-D

Hello, Eternalvalue:

I have found that the truth of Catholocism can be found in the teaching and Doctrine of Various Roman Caholic Popes.

What have the various Popes sais about Mary, the mother of Jesus?

[b][color=990000]Various Popes, since 1894, say that Mary Saves Souls! [/color][/b]

I'll let these antichrists speak for themselves--

Leo XIII, Jucunda Semper, 1894: "When Mary offered herself completely to God together with her Son in the temple, she was already sharing with him the painful atonement on behalf of the human race ... (at the foot of cross) she willingly offered him up to the divine justice, dying with him in her heart, pierced by the sword of sorrow."

Pius X, Ad Diem Illum, 1904: "Owing to the union of suffering and purpose existing between Christ and Mary, she merited to become most worthily the reparatrix of the lost world, and for this reason, the dispenser of ALL favors which Jesus acquired for us by his death . . .

Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918: "To such extent did Mary suffer and almost die with her suffering and dying Son; to such extent did she surrender her maternal rights over her Son for : man's salvation . . that we may rightly say she redeemed the human race together with Christ."

Plus XI, 1935, in a prayer to close a jubilee, we find the first use of the word Coredemptrix by a pope: "O Mother of love and mercy who, when thy sweetest Son was consummating the Redemption of the human race on in the altar of the cross, didst stand next to him suffering with him as a Coredemptrix."

Plus XII, in a radio broadcast in 1946: "Mary, for having been associated with the King of Martyrs in the ineffable work of human Redemption as Mother and cooperatrix, she remains forever associated with him, with an almost unlimited power, in the distribution of graces which flow from the Redemption."

John XXIII, Vatican II's Lumen Gentium, 1965.

Paul VI, Christi Matri. "The Church ... been accustomed to have recourse to that most ready intercessor, her Mother Mary ... For as St. Irenaeus says, she 'has become the cause of salvation for the whole human race"

John Paul II, Mother of the Redeemer, 1987.

Pius IX, Ubi Primum, 1849: "For God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that THROUGH HER are obtained every hope, every grace, and ALL SALVATION. For this is his will, that we obtain everything through Mary."

Leo XIII, Supremi Apostolatus, 1883: "O Mary, the guardian of our peace and the dispensatrix of heavenly graces."

Plus X, Ad Diem Illum, 1904: "It was granted to the august Virgin to be together with her Only-begotten Son the most powerful Mediatrix and Conciliatrix of the whole world. So Christ is the source . . . Mary, however, as St. Bernard justly remarks, is the channel, or she is the neck by which the Body is united to the Head... through which ALL spiritual gifts are communicated to his Body."

Benedict XV, In a decree on Joan of Are: "In every miracle we must recognize the mediation of Mary, through whom, according to God's will, every grace and blessing comes to us."

Plus XI, Miserentissimus Redemptor, 1928: "Confiding in her intercession with Jesus, "the one Mediator of God and man, who wished to associate his own Mother with himself as the advocate of sinners, as the dispenser and mediatrix of grace."

Plus XII, Superiore Anno, 1940: "As St. Bernard declares, 'it is the will of God that we obtain favors through Mary, let everyone hasten to have recourse to Mary."

John XXIII, see Vatican II, Lumen Gentium.

Paul VI, see Lumen Gentium.

John Paul II, Dives in Misericordia, 1980, quoting Lumen Gentium, "In fact, by being assumed into heaven she has not laid aside the office of salvation but by the manifold intercession she continues to obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation."

[b]Romanists say they don't worship Mary. How can that be? Here is a warning and admonition. You need to be saved--

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

2 Corinthians 6:17-18
Jesus said, "They that worship the Father must worship him in spirit and in TRUTH." [/b]

God will not accept worship that is based on a lie!

Sincerely,

Walter

2008/5/26 11:00

Re:

Hi eternalvalue...You said that it was best to get Catholic history from Catholics themselves. I was born in one of the most Catholic communities in the word in the west coast of Scotland. I was Baptized as mutiple generations of my Catholic family had been before me, going back to Ireland and into the mists of time. I recieved the Sacrament of Confession and First Holy communion at the age of 7. I attended St Patricks elementry School and was a member of St Patricks parish. All of my education, including High Scool was Catholic. I was married by the Catholic church. My first son was buried by the Catholic church.

I knew who the Son of God was, He was Jesus and He died for our sins on Calvary. I had no problems beliveing this, nor did anyone in my Catholic community. This was an uncontested truth that was readily accepted.

One night my mother came home and announced that she had "found," Jesus. This was quite perplexing for a young Catholic man who had no idea that Jesus was lost. What did she mean? Why was she different? Why did she seem to glow and seem in danger or bursting at any moment with Joy? Why had she quit smoking? Why had she quit taking valium? Why was she talking about Jesus like she actually knew Him personally? Why was my Catholic father enraged? Why did the Parish priest, Father Harran, come to our house every Friday night? Why was he facinated by this little working class woman? What did she have that he did not have? Why did he confess to her one Friday night that when a dying woman had come to the door of the church that he had no assurance to ease her torment? Why was he now tormented by this himself? The answer to all these questions and more was that he "knew," Jesus much like he "knew," Napoleon. A historical figure that he did not doubt, but of course he did not know Napoleon personally, nor did he "know,' Jesus personally.

The truth is that my mother had met the risen King personally and it changed everything. It changed her right down into her DNA. Every particle of her being was transformed and she revelled in the knowledge of Him.

I too met Jesus in this same way and was gloriously transformed. You see my friend, it does not matter if you came from a dead Protestant denomination and joined a another dead denomination, what really matters is that you "know," Him as apposed to knowing about Him.

He is not to be found in mere symbolism, He is not to be found once a week, He is not to be found in our many works, He is simply to be found. And when you find Him, the glory and the majesty of who He is will overwhelm you and change you from the most intimate parts of you, from the inside out.

You and I could talk and debate and argue over theoligical points and truth for a month or a year, I doubt we would ever convince each other of anything. I would simply ask you to consider the words of Jesus "Unless a man is born again he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." This is clear and precise. If you are convinced that you have indeed been born again and that Jesus has taken up residence in your heart and that you now know Him personally and that your whole life is changed and you now only ever live to serve Him , then my friend we need not debate at all. ..........Frank

2008/5/26 12:09
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Disturbance

Frank, well done brother. Pray you all are sustained in the weather there ...

waltern, a warning to your diatribes with a new member here. 1Co 13

2008/5/26 12:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy