SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : 2015 end of the Tribulation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

2015 end of the Tribulation?

[img]http://worldnetdaily.com/images/story/bloodmoon1.jpg[/img]

This is from worldnetdaily.com that is of interest and something to think about.

Of course, none of us know the day or the hour, but, one of the unfilled "Feasts of the Lord" (Leviticus 23) is The Feast of Trumpets:

The author believes that Christ will return to the earth during the "Feast of Trumpets" or Sukkoth in the year 2015.
----------------------------
Blood moon eclipses: 2nd Coming in 2015?
Minister uses NASA forecasting to study signals of Jesus' return

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=63076

11:49 pm Eastern
By Joe Kovacs
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Will Jesus Christ return to Earth in the year 2015?

And can studying NASA's website provide evidence for such a scenario?

A minister who promotes the Old Testament roots of Christianity suggests a rare string of lunar and solar eclipses said to fall on God's annual holy days seven years from now could herald what's come to be known as the "Second Coming" of Jesus.

"God wants us to look at the biblical calendar," says Mark Biltz, pastor of El Shaddai Ministries in Bonney Lake, Wash. "The reason we need to be watching is [because] He will signal His appearance. But we have to know what to be watching as well. So we need to be watching the biblical holidays."

In a video interview on the Prophecy in the News website, Biltz said he's been studying prophecies that focus on the sun and moon, even going back to the book of Genesis where it states the lights in the sky would be "be for signs, and for seasons."

"It means a signal, kind of like 'one if by land, two if by sea.' It's like God wants to signal us," he said. "The Hebrew word implies ... not only is it a signal, but it's a signal for coming or His appearing."
Biltz adds the word "seasons" implies appointed times for God's feasts and festivals.

"When we hear the word feast, we think food. But the Hebrew word has nothing to do with food. It has to do with a divine appointment, as if God has a day timer, and He says, 'OK, I'm gonna mark the day and the time when I'm going to signal My appearance.'"

In the Old Testament, the prophet Joel states, "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come." (Joel 2:31)

In the New Testament, Jesus is quoted as saying, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light ... And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." (Matthew 24:29-30)

Gary Stearman of Prophecy in the News noted, "When we think of the sun being darkened and the moon not giving her light, we usually think of some astronomical catastrophe – perhaps the sun sputtering and the moon being affected by all this. But maybe it's time to rethink this a little bit and think of it as a natural cycle, the cycle of the eclipses."

Thus, Biltz began focusing on the precise times of both solar and lunar eclipses, sometimes called "blood moons" since the moon often takes on a bloody color. He logged onto NASA's eclipse website which provides precision tracking of the celestial events.

He noted a rare phenomenon of four consecutive total lunar eclipses, known as a tetrad.

He says during this century, tetrads occur at least six times, but what's interesting is that the only string of four consecutive blood moons that coincide with God's holy days of Passover in the spring and the autumn's Feast of Tabernacles (also called Succoth) occurs between 2014 and 2015 on today's Gregorian calendar.

[b]"The fact that it doesn't happen again in this century I think is very significant," Biltz explains. "So then I looked at last century, and, believe it or not, the last time that four blood red moons occurred together was in 1967 and 1968 tied to Jerusalem recaptured by Israel."[/b]

He then started to notice a pattern of the tetrads.

[b]"What's significant to me is that even before 1967, the next time that you had four blood red moons again was right after Israel became a nation in '48, it happened again in 1949 and 1950 ... on Passover and Succoth. You didn't have any astronomical tetrads in the 1800s, the 1700s, the 1600s. In the 1500s, there were six, but none of those fell on Passover and Succoth."[/b]

When checking the schedule for solar eclipses, Biltz found two – one on the first day of the Hebrew year and the next on the high holy day of Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the seventh Hebrew month. Both of these take place in the 2014-2015 year.

[b]Biltz says, "You have the religious year beginning with the total solar eclipse, two weeks later a total lunar eclipse on Passover, and then the civil year beginning with the solar eclipse followed two weeks later by another total blood red moon on the Feast of Succoth all in 2015."

"If you think that this is a coincidence, I want you to know that it's time!" exclaimed Prophecy in the News host J.R. Church. "There are no more of these for the rest of the century."[/b]

The prospect of eclipses pinpointing the time of Jesus' return is getting mixed reaction in Christian circles.

After seeing Biltz's interview, Jim Bramlett, an author and former vice president for the Christian Broadcasting Network, expressed excitement.

"I have just watched the program two times and do not think I have ever been more encouraged or excited about the soon return of the Lord!" Bramlett said.

But Hal Lindsey, a well-known biblical analyst and author of "The Late Great Planet Earth," says while he hasn't heard of Biltz's theory, he called it "pure speculation."

"In my 50-something years of studying prophecy, to me the greatest indication of the time of Christ's return is based around the general things of prophecies coming together in the same time frame."

He mentioned not only Israel's birth as a political state in 1948, but the increase in tensions with Muslims, the rise of Russia, China and the European Union, which he says is even "calling itself the revived Roman Empire."

"I see the whole sweep and panorama spinning together in a precise scenario," he said.

During a second video interview, Biltz was presented with Bible quotes that many think suggest Jesus' return will be a complete surprise, or at least not specifically known.

The 25th chapter of Matthew features a parable where Jesus likens His kingdom to ten virgins all waiting for the arrival of their bridegroom.

Jesus said in the story, "ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh." (Matthew 25:13)

Biltz says people need to examine the quote in its proper context.

"When He says you don't know the day or the hour, He's speaking to the foolish virgins, not the wise virgins," he explained.

Biltz was also asked about the famous statement in Matthew 24:36 when Jesus was discussing the signs of His "coming, and of the end of the world": "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (Matthew 24:36)

He responded by referring to the annual Feast of Trumpets holiday, saying Israelites never knew the precise moment it began, "because it was based on the sighting of the new moon."

"When He (Jesus) says you won't know the day or the hour, He's telling you it's the Feast of Trumpets because that was known as the feast where no one knew the day or the hour that it would begin," said Biltz. "So it's kind of like if I told you, 'I'm not going to tell you when I'm coming, but "Gobble, gobble, gobble,'" [pointing to] Turkey Day."

[b][size=small][color=CC0000]Church stressed despite the information suggesting 2015 could be a pivotal time, "We don't know that that will be the concluding year of the tribulation period ... so we're not setting a date and saying this is a warning. We're introducing the possibility of a watch[/color][/size][/b]

Sincerely,

Walter
:-)

2008/5/1 10:16

Re: 2015 end of the Tribulation?

This is bunk... I wasnt even close to being saved in 1987, but I remember a book called "88 Reasons Why Christ Will Return In 1988".

And here we are... 19 years later, still hanging out.

I believe with all my heart that the return of Christ is at the door... [b]BUT[/b] it's foolishness and a great waste of time and effort for Christians to sit around and calculate and speculate. Why not get out into the world and win some souls to Christ instead?

Krispy

2008/5/1 10:28
Compton

Re:

Somehow I don't think Jesus would give us his own written testimony and then expect us to consult with NASA about his return. ;-)

MC

2008/5/1 10:46Profile

Re:

Of course none of us know the day or the hour. We all know that the end times are here. Men and women are lovers of themselves. Sound Doctrine is not tolerated today, even by the Church itself.

Some Bible scholars consider the "Feasts of the Lord" found in Leviticus 23 to be a "stick diagram" of God's redemptive plan for the earth.

HISTORICAL APPLICATION OF THE FEASTS

FEAST HISTORICAL APSECT

1. Passover Israel's deliverance out of Egyptian bondage

2. Unleavened Bread The going out of Egypt

3. First Fruits Crossing the Red Sea

4. Pentecost Giving the Commandments at Mount Sinai

5. Rosh HaShanah Blowing the 'Shofar' (trumpet)-(Feast of Trumpets) Jewish New Year

6. Day of Atonement Priest entered the Holy of Holies Cleansing of the people's sins

7. Tabernacles Entering the Promised Land/Great Rejoicing

MESSIANIC APPLICATION OF THE FEASTS

FEAST MESSIANIC FULFILLMENT

1. Passover Death of Christ on the Cross (tree)

2. Unleavened Bread The burial of Jesus

3. First Fruits The resurrection of Jesus

4. Pentecost Pouring out of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2)

5. Rosh HaShanah The resurrection of the dead/ Feast of Trumpets)Rapture of the believers

6. Day of Atonement The day of Christ's Second Coming

7. Tabernacles The Messianic Era/Millennium

With this in mind, and what was posted previously, this should be of interest, but nothing more.

Sincerely,

Walter

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
This is bunk... I wasnt even close to being saved in 1987, but I remember a book called "88 Reasons Why Christ Will Return In 1988".

And here we are... 19 years later, still hanging out.

I believe with all my heart that the return of Christ is at the door... [b]BUT[/b] it's foolishness and a great waste of time and effort for Christians to sit around and calculate and speculate. Why not get out into the world and win some souls to Christ instead?

Krispy

2008/5/1 12:13
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

MESSIANIC APPLICATION OF THE FEASTS

FEAST MESSIANIC FULFILLMENT

1. Passover Death of Christ on the Cross (tree)

2. Unleavened Bread The burial of Jesus

3. First Fruits The resurrection of Jesus

4. Pentecost Pouring out of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2)

5. Rosh HaShanah The resurrection of the dead/ Feast of Trumpets)Rapture of the believers

6. Day of Atonement The day of Christ's Second Coming

7. Tabernacles The Messianic Era/Millennium

With this in mind, and what was posted previously, this should be of interest, but nothing more.

If this is true, then we all know the day and the hour... just maybe not the year.

2008/5/1 12:16Profile

Re: 2015 end of the Tribulation?

Quote:

waltern wrote:
This is from worldnetdaily.com that is of interest and something to think about.

[b][size=small][color=CC0000]Church stressed despite the information suggesting 2015 could be a pivotal time, "We don't know that that will be the concluding year of the tribulation period ... so we're not setting a date and saying this is a warning. We're introducing the possibility of a watch[/color][/size][/b]Sincerely,
Walter

Hi Waltern, do you believe that the trib will not start until Jesus comes for his bride the church, perfect, spotless and blameless. There is only one thing that can make the church have those qualities and that's the blood of Jesus. When he comes for his church, whenever that is, then the 7 year clock will start. The only way it could be started now is if had already taken his church.

Since the Bible says that every eye will see him when he comes, then I don't think it has happened yet.

1 Cor 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Thess 4:15-5:1
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
KJV

The last trump of God and the seventh trump of the angel of God have different defintions.

Rom 11:25-26
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
KJV

Could the fulness of the gentiles be when God saves the last person on earth before the tribulation starts?

Matt 24:30-31
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

At just the right time God sent his son into the world.
John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
KJV

And just the right time Jesus died and for the sins of the world.
Rom 5:6
6 For when we were yet without strength,[b] in due time[/b] Christ died for the ungodly.
KJV

At just the right time he was resurrected so we could be too.
Matt 27:53
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
KJV

Not doubt when he comes for his church his timing will be perfect also.
Rev 3:7-13
These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars-I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently,[b] I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.[/b]
11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

God Bless
Gary

2008/5/1 12:55

Re:

Hello, Moe_Mac:

[b][color=0033FF]In regards to your question, there is no "time frame" for the Rapture. The Rapture can come at any time, and it will come before the Tribulation. If the 2nd coming was tenatively coming in 2017, then the Rapture would then have to occur seven years earlier, during 2008.

Every eye will see Him refers to His Second Coming, when He places His foot on the Mount of Olives, and He comes to rule and reign with a rod of iron for 1,000 years. We, the Saints of the Lord, will come with Him, and rule with Him for this period, before He creates a New Heaven and a New Earth, where all beleivers will be with Him forever.

Sincerely,

Walter[/color][/b]

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
Quote:

waltern wrote:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Waltern, do you believe that the trib will not start until Jesus comes for his bride the church, perfect, spotless and blameless. There is only one thing that can make the church have those qualities and that's the blood of Jesus. When he comes for his church, whenever that is, then the 7 year clock will start. The only way it could be started now is if had already taken his church.

Since the Bible says that every eye will see him when he comes, then I don't think it has happened yet.

1 Cor 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Thess 4:15-5:1
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
KJV

The last trump of God and the seventh trump of the angel of God have different defintions.

Rom 11:25-26
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
KJV

Could the fulness of the gentiles be when God saves the last person on earth before the tribulation starts?

Matt 24:30-31
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

At just the right time God sent his son into the world.
John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
KJV

And just the right time Jesus died and for the sins of the world.
Rom 5:6
6 For when we were yet without strength,[b] in due time[/b] Christ died for the ungodly.
KJV

At just the right time he was resurrected so we could be too.
Matt 27:53
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
KJV

Not doubt when he comes for his church his timing will be perfect also.
Rev 3:7-13
These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars-I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently,[b] I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.[/b]
11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

God Bless
Gary

[Hello

2008/5/1 13:54
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

I've often wondered why men would feel the privilege of knowing the timing of the Lord's return when this information isn't even known by the Son. Yes, we are called to "watch" for His return. But are we supposed to be guessing? Are we supposed to be looking at the world around us? Or are we supposed to look for HIM?

I think that we are simply supposed to be aware of the events that transpire -- knowing that each event is bringing us ever so nearer to the return of our King. We should be cautious of the things of this world (and even the things that seem to infiltrate the Church) while we wait for our heavenly citizenship to be fulfilled.

I think that the Lord gave us some great advice in Acts chapter 1:

Quote:
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

2008/5/1 15:25Profile

Re:

Hello, Moe_Mac:

In regards to your question, there is no "time frame" for the Rapture. The Rapture can come at any time, and it will come before the Tribulation. If the 2nd coming was tenatively coming in 2017, then the Rapture would then have to occur seven years earlier, during 2008.

Every eye will see Him refers to His Second Coming, when He places His foot on the Mount of Olives, and He comes to rule and reign with a rod of iron for 1,000 years. We, the Saints of the Lord, will come with Him, and rule with Him for this period, before He creates a New Heaven and a New Earth, where all beleivers will be with Him forever.

Sincerely,

Walter

That is correct. The most important thing is that WE will see him the first time, right brother.
God Bless you Waltern
Gary

2008/5/1 15:32

Re:

It's like rain... or a cold front... you can tell that it's coming. I'm old enough now, I get some joint aches when a cold front is coming thru. But I can't tell you when it's going to start raining (and neither can the weather man 95% of the time).

We can look around and see that something big is on the horizon. The signs are all around us. This should NOT make us want to consult NASA about when exactly... it SHOULD make us more diligent to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ now while there is still time.

Oh... and someone mentioned the rapture! *gasp!!* Now, thats the way to get all the intellectuals folks around here pouncing on you! There are some who believes God's wrath will be poured out on them. I dont believe that. I believe like Noah, Lot, Moses, etc etc... God will take His own out of the way so that His wrath can be poured out. Some claim that persecution in communist style countries is proof that God will not remove us from his wrath. While it's true, we dont know what persecution is in this country, and other countries... the fact remains that God is NOT pouring out His wrath right now. When He does, it will not be like anything ever before.

And His own will not be here for it.

Krispy

2008/5/1 17:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy