SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE (BIBLICAL SCHOLAR OR NOT?)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Paul Washer has observed that many in his denomination snicker at infant baptism, yet they themselves believe they are saved simply because, as little children, they recited a few unbiblical lines presumably inviting Jesus 'into their hearts' without the slightest understanding of the Gospel, or even a sorrow for sin. He calls this particularly evangelical example of biblical illiteracy the 'idolatry of decisionism.'

Ah, that's a good parallel.

2008/4/30 13:33Profile
roadsign

Re: ?

Quote:
That eternal life starts at conversion, here on earth. Nuff said.

Moe_mac, I know you were trying real hard to say something important in response to my post. However, in spite of your large and bold print, I am still baffled. Did I say something you disagree with?

Diane

2008/4/30 14:36Profile

Re:

edited in attempt to take the redneck out!

I'm not sure that you made statements, that I did not agree with.

Whether I agree with your post or not is not the important thing.

Could I ask you if I said
anything that you didn't agree with?

As you said yes our home is heaven and yes we as Christians should not set our mind on worldly temporal things (sin).However, if we are to make any difference for his purposes and be salt that preserves and light that shines, we need to work on that project now, here on earth, not after we get to heaven, it will be to late then. We will be with the light then.
Promoting his purposes now, we all know, is like a fish swimming upstream.
I have seen observed many posts that reflected the Bible said Christians should not get involved in the affairs of this world. I believe that is incorrect in is not biblical.
This may not be what you were saying, I don't know. The particular scripture reference that is always refered to when I see this attitude and
mindset is not what that passage is saying when
it is written not be entangled with the affairs of the world. The definition of entangled is: to make tangled; ensnarl; intertwine.

We are not be conformed to this world, in Rom 12 which means: To act or be in accord or agreement; comply.
If we don't comply or be in agreement with the world, there will always sparks fly.
If we are not in agreement that makes us in disagreement with the standards of the world, right. If we are not in agreement with the world, we are being set apart as salt and light.

If none of this applies to what you were saying, then we are in agreement with each other and in agreement with his word. If we are not in agreement, I am certainly not angry with you, but I must still speak this truth.

Side-note: I am not making excuses but I broke my glasses this morning and I went to walmart and got new frames. I cannot see very good without them and also I am keyboard and grammar challenged with glasses, let alone without.
God Bless.

2008/4/30 15:42

Re: Who's on first? Do we agree? or compare to disagree?

Abbott and Costello were a comedian duo in the 40s and 50s, who did a skit called "Who's on first!?"

It was endless double innuendo confusing names and positions on the baseball field; a kind of double-talk that might make sense. It was funny.

Forgive me, but this reminds me of that. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, though, with due respect, that you are serious. What are you saying? Who's on first?

2008/4/30 16:39

Re:

I will give you the benefit if the doubt that you don't understand. Summarized.

Christian people sticking there head in the sand and not getting involved and not being salt and light in everything in this world and not making an attempt to make things better as we go is not scriptural.
By the way you never answered my questions on the post-trib thread. I think I know why.

2008/4/30 19:40

Re: Watt's on second?

That indeed I agree with!

2008/4/30 20:56
roadsign

Re: on being vision-challenged

Quote:
if we are to make any difference for his purposes and be salt that preserves and light that shines, we need to work on that project now, here on earth, not after we get to heaven,

Moe_mac, I think your point here offers an important balance to my comments. Many thanks! Longing for heaven can be nothing more than just another means of escaping from our responsibility: to love one another and be concerned for their well-being, which includes our present global home. And that of course means getting our hands and feet in the “dirt” – one way or another.

Quote:
I broke my glasses this morning and I went to walmart and got new frames.

How remarkable! To replace your glasses so quickly! (Where would we be without Walmart - that remarkable institution that unifies all of civilization in an instant!)

Quote:
I cannot see very good without them and also I am keyboard and grammar challenged with glasses, let alone without.

I have to admit, I may not be challenged in these areas – but trying to see what people are really trying to say – even in big bold letters :-D is challenging enough for me. I guess this is one area of life where one cannot gain clarity of vision by a quick trip to Walmart - in a single day – or through a single post.

The thought keeps rumbling through my mind: The perseverance needed to get to know how people tick is such a challenge! It is so non-instant! :-?

Diane

2008/5/1 7:36Profile

Re:

Quote:

roadsign wrote:
Quote:

I have to admit, I may not be challenged in these areas – but trying to see what people are really trying to say – even in big bold letters :-D is challenging enough for me. I guess this is one area of life where one cannot gain clarity of vision by a quick trip to Walmart - in a single day – or through a single post.

The thought keeps rumbling through my mind: The perseverance needed to get to know how people tick is such a challenge! It is so non-instant! :-?

Diane

[size=xsmall][color=003300]Hi Diane, it is amazing how blessed some of us are and how fast we can fix some of our earthly problems, but it is temporary. Soon we will have another to replace that problem. I drove about 30 miles to Walmart yesterday and it only took the lady about 30 minutes to put my lens in new frames but it cost me over 80 bucks. In previous months, I have been attempting to boycott Walmart because they were contributing money to the homosexual agenda. They have publicly announced they will no longer do that. Ford has also been doing the same thing. Ford sales dropped tremendously after a boycott and a petition from AFA and they have repented of that sin publicly. Hopefully it for the right motive and not to regain there sales. I have heard McDonald's has joined in now and they are changing the arch colors to pink. I sure hope not because I like those McDonald's fish sandwich. Homosexuality is really not any worse than any other sin, although most of us view it little different. All sin is rebellion against God. The Ole worldly cliché of well the homosexuals were just born that way and it in their genes. Well I guess so, we are all born bent toward sin of some kind as fallen men and women. We all have the sin that so easily besets us although each sin particular sin may be different for each of us. We just need to be born again from above and receive power to overcome so we don't give in so easily to whatever sin we are bent toward or so so easily besets us.

Thanks for the reply and God Bless
Gary[/color][/size]

2008/5/1 8:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy