SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival in Florida??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Incredible

Can't believe that after 20 minutes gone by that no one has deleted what i posted in there comment section. Of what Greg posted about what Andrew Strom said and his link to his website.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/great-florida-healing-revival

2008/4/23 21:27
JKail

Re:

I believe that many people will miss revival because they do not like the package that it comes in...In my opinion Todd Bentley is the real deal.

He was saved out of a lifestyle of drugs, abuse, and many other bondages. He has an intense hunger for God, and after his salvation experience at age 19 would spend 4 to 12 hours a day in God's presence and word. Read his book, Journey into the Miraculous for his whole testimony. His book, Christ's healing touch is also very good.

Again, I think many people miss revival for several reasons:
1.) They don't like the package it comes in
2.) They have a preconcieved idea of what it has to look like.
3.) They want it to come through themselves, not somebody else.

Lets be discerning, but lets also be careful not to judge by natural eyes only.

I find it amazing that a website that focuses so much on revival persecutes modern moves of God...probably if we were living in the days of historic revivals we would judge them too...

2008/4/23 23:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just posted this for everyone's information:

[b] A FALSE HEALING REVIVAL?? -Florida[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23215&forum=35

excerpt: [i]"I decided to check out Patricia King and Todd Bentley and,
ignorant of their 'third heaven' guided visualizations, attended a five
day conference of Patricia King and then two of Todd Bentley's
conferences and began to imagine third heaven visitations - guided
visualization - still not realizing that these are actually spirits of
darkness - the New Age calls them spirit guides - demons is what
they are. And so I bought Todd Bentley's teaching on third heaven
visitations and brought it home to listen to.
"I was in my living room laying on the floor listening to the teaching
on how to visualize the third heaven and what to say and was
getting caught up into his teaching and all of a sudden I began to
shake uncontrollably and jerk and groan, and no sooner had this
taken place I became frozen stiff - I could not move any part of
my body and I knew this was a demon trying to take hold of me,
and so with all the effort I could muster I cried out, "God save me -
Jesus help me" - and as soon as I cried out to the Lord my body
went limp. God spared me that night and I will be forever grateful."[/i]

2008/4/23 23:54Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I will boldly state that this is not revival.

All one needs to do is look at bits of each clip to get a feel of what this is and what it is not. Where is the fear of the Lord?

I pray for revival and am open to what ever the Lord brings, but this screams of Benny Hinn all over it.

2008/4/24 2:14Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Revival in Florida??

I encourage everyone who profess to be a follower of Christ, everyone who is jealous for his church purity in these last day, everyone who has a burden for revival to read this short book by Art Katz

Mat 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=21127&forum=34]Anatomy of Deceptionby Art Katz[/url]

Excerpt

[i]

The account of Ananias and Sapphira in the Book of Acts is a remarkable episode of an incident that occurred in another age, in an hour when the Spirit of God prevailed in such magnitude and purity that the very same act which might well be applauded today, resulted, in that day, in sudden judgment and death. By applauded, I mean that we do not ask questions about those who give great contributions to the Church, but instead, we give such a person a place of honor and acknowledgement, a deacon at least, if not an elder. But the Church, which identified the lie and was not impressed with the sum, is not the Church of today.

It was the Church in its glory then, because it was alert to the issue of truth and deception, because it knew that before the Spirit of God manifests as the Spirit of power, He is first and foremost the Spirit of truth. When truth is disallowed, when truth is compromised, can we think that the dove is going to be around to perform the expressions of power that serve our needs and gratify our souls, if we have forsaken Him and His first designation and identity as the Spirit of truth? There needs to be a jealous regard for the truth that Peter exercised, enabling him to discern the fraud of a man and his wife giving a sum of money, however impressive, presenting it as the whole, though it was only in part.

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back some of the price of the land? While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men, but to God.”

And as he heard these words, Ananias fell down and breathed his last; and great fear came upon all who heard of it (Acts 5:3-5).

Almost in the next breath we read,

And at the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were taking place among the people; and they were all with one accord in Solomon’s portico (Acts 5:12).

In other words, the respect for the Spirit of God as the Spirit of truth makes way for the Spirit of God as the Spirit of power. The contemporary Church has reversed it; we have celebrated the power, the signs, the wonders, and relegated the truth to a distant consideration, if indeed, any consideration at all. And which of us has not played the game of giving the part and making that to appear to be the whole?

There was a time when we used to say that the truth is the whole truth and nothing but the truth, or it is a lie. It is the whole truth, or it is not the truth. Any disqualification, any cutting of corners, anything less than what is whole and full converts what seems to be impressive into a lie. I take pains to dwell on this because it is a statement of the Church today; we have only given part, but we call that part the whole, when it is only a part. We have not the reticence, the modesty or the meekness appropriate to a Church whose Lord is the Lamb, because we are full of hype and exaggeration, pompous ambition and activity, and think that that constitutes the whole.

So we need to ask ourselves, are we doing anything different from what Ananias and Sapphira did when we seek and expect the evidence and power of a life totally given to God, while giving ourselves only in part, but presuming to have given ourselves wholly? We all want the semblance of these things, the comfort of the Spirit, the intimate communion, but we want it at the lesser price of acknowledging truth only in a doctrinal sense, or in the sense of being correct, rather than acknowledging truth as the very sum and substance of the reality of our lives. We want to speak truth, but not to be true; we want correct words, we want to acknowledge truth, but not to obey it. We are bringing our partial, phraseological truth and making that to stand for the whole, as if we have the reality that we are describing.[/i]

2008/4/24 2:36Profile
RussellLive

Portugal

Re:

Dear Group,
I got an email from Andrew Strom today, concerning this very very deep deception. In fact many truths of the Bible are taken out of context. The new doctrine which is being perpetrated is the one concerning the Third Heaven. Only Paul records going there, and this was a real personal experience that he hardly wanted to share it. Now they want to travel there, so much so that demons, who know what we ask carelessly, come to possess and come to oppress. May God help the apostate Church.

2008/4/24 6:45Profile

Re:

Quote:
I believe that many people will miss revival because they do not like the package that it comes in...In my opinion Todd Bentley is the real deal.

He was saved out of a lifestyle of drugs, abuse, and many other bondages. He has an intense hunger for God, and after his salvation experience at age 19 would spend 4 to 12 hours a day in God's presence and word. Read his book, Journey into the Miraculous for his whole testimony. His book, Christ's healing touch is also very good.

Again, I think many people miss revival for several reasons:
1.) They don't like the package it comes in
2.) They have a preconcieved idea of what it has to look like.
3.) They want it to come through themselves, not somebody else.

Lets be discerning, but lets also be careful not to judge by natural eyes only.

I find it amazing that a website that focuses so much on revival persecutes modern moves of God...probably if we were living in the days of historic revivals we would judge them too...

I apologize if this offends you, friend, but that last paragraph is just plain ignorance.

[b]First, the last days are characterized by APOSTASY, NOT REVIVAL.[/b] Thus it is not surprising that we are confronted today with a vast amount of heresy and spiritual compromise. If ever there were a time when God's people need to be knowledgeable and cautious it is today. "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. ... For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim. 3:13; 4:3-4).

[b]Second, God warns His people to test EVERYTHING BY THE SCRIPTURES.[/b] "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" (1 Thess. 5:21). "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so" (Acts 17:11). "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" (1 John 4:1).

Friend, you’ve offered nothing scriptural to support your assertion that this is a true move of God. Nothing. However, we have offered plenty of warnings from scripture to be cautious about these kinds of “movements” such as we’re seeing in Florida.

[b]Third, spiritual error is clothed in the APPEARANCE OF TRUTH AND RIGHTEOUSNESS.[/b] It is subtle and can deceive us if we are not well educated biblically and exceedingly careful. "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" (Matt. 7:15). "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (2 Cor. 11:2). "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works" (2 Cor. 11:13-15).

I’m glad your on this forum, but if you’re going to come here and promote movements like this, then you better be prepared to be challenged. And we are called to be Bereans… to study the scriptures and see if what is being taught is of God. This is clearly a command of scripture. Yet, you chastise us for doing this. That’s interesting.

No, this movement, with it’s “gold dust” (which has been proven to be a complete hoax by none other than Charisma Magazine), bad theology, hype, etc does not seem to be of God.

And it's typical for newer people to this forum to claim that those of us who stand in opposition to such movements only do so because we've never "experienced" said movements. Nothing could be further from the truth for me... I used to be right in the middle of it all. But one day I started actually studying my Bible for myself instead of letting everyone tell me what the Bible said.

Krispy

2008/4/24 7:32
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Hearty Amen to you post Krispy,

What is deception in the first place? Sad, so very sad to see so many that fail to measure all things by the Word... written, and displayed by the Word made flesh.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Clint

2008/4/24 9:18Profile
psalm1

Re:

So if the message is ALL shaking,laughing ,falling,trances are false and of the devil,.....if this is the message you need to wake up.

Even C&MA leader A. W. Tozer also spoke positively of holy laughter:

Now I say that worship is subject to degrees of perfection and intensity. There have been those who worshiped God to the place where they were in ecstasies of worship. I once saw a man kneel at an altar, taking Communion. Suddenly he broke into holy laughter. This man laughed until he wrapped his arms around himself as if he was afraid he would bust just out of sheer delight in the presence of Almighty God. . . . So worship is capable of running from the very simple to the most intense and sublime.26

Spontaneously Dancing for Joy

During the Welsh revival of 1859, "many leaped and danced in the exuberance of their rapture."27 Sometimes related to the laughing phenomenon is a spontaneous dancing for joy. Praying Hyde, a staid Presbyterian, is described after a time of intense prayer at the Sialkot Convention (similar to Keswick), "He begins to sing, 'Tis done, the great transaction's done,' and he is so full of joy that his whole body begins to move, he claps his hands, then his feet begin to move, and look! he begins to dance for joy, and others join him until the whole place rings with God's praises."28 Such dancing also occurred upon occasion in C&MA meetings. Simpson writes of an African-American C&MA meeting he visited in 1895: "We witnessed a sacred dance by about fifty of the women." They swayed and moved arms and feet, keeping time to the music. "The effect was truly grand."29 As Vinson Synan notes, for some holiness groups, spontaneous dance or holy laughter was considered an evidence of Holy Spirit baptism.30

Physical Sensations

Such manifestations of laughing or falling were sometimes accompanied by unusual bodily sensations. Charles Finney avowed his baptism in the Spirit was "like a wave of electricity, going through and through me."31 Early C&MA pastor Dr. E. D. Whiteside's testimony of healing in 1888 included both physical sensations and falling under the power of the Spirit: "Like a flash of electricity, I was instantly thrilled. Every point of my body and nerves was controlled by a strange sensation that increased in volume, until I bowed lower and lower to the floor. I was filled with the ecstatic thrill. My physical frame was unable to stand the strain."32 Reminiscent of holy laughter, he reported that he felt he was on the verge of "dying from overjoy."33 The C&MA journals record many instances of physical sensations like heat, electrical shocks or bright lights accompanying healing.34

Maybe a little clarification is in order.
Or possibly the Holy Spirit doesnt need our permission?

David

2008/4/24 9:28Profile
psalm1

Re:

Did Christians come out against the manifestations of praying hyde,Finney,and Tozer.

Yes they called it the devil.

It doesnt matter where the revival breaks out there will be scores of believers to try and thwart it.
Why? I dont know ,possibly jealousy

David

2008/4/24 9:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy