SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Human Understanding- Modern or otherwise....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re:

(previous post edited for a couple of spelling errors... sorry..)

I have been considering and asking God concerning issues regarding our human understanding and willingness to promote our own "stand"; as opposed to endeavor to learn God's stand.

While I am weak in my ability to express the overflow in my heart; please bear with me:

Firstly, I want to mention the fact that I am very greatful for the opportunity to be able to express anything on a forum such as this. It is a gift that not everyone around this world has. Perhaps I should be more quiet and content with what is at hand, instead of wanting to express? Perhaps God will reveal to me where that desire comes from.

Secondly, Every person who is born of the Spirit of God has something to learn from another person under the direction of the Holy Spirit. I have learned much by simply observing, listening and being willing. (although as someone once told me, "everyone is an example, but not everyone is a good example.')

Mostly: God is perfect in ALL His ways! He knows ALL things! He is ABLE to do abundantly more than anyone can ask or think!

That to me is Wonderful!!

"For those who live according tothe flesh set thier minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. " Romans 8:5,6

Pretty much, thats it.

I want God to keep me, and ALL His people in a place of "life and peace".

I want to know the difference of whatis and what is NOT; of what is a stumbling block to "life and peace"; of what would hinder, "life and peace"; of what would cause me to try to establish my own pathway of life and of peace that really end up being a pathway towards "death and destruction".

And I pray that every person that names the name of Christ would have the opportunity to see that difference as well.

In Christ
our sweetest gain
the only hope
the best refrain

2008/4/18 14:13Profile

Re:

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Natural man is the flesh

Jesus said, My Words are Spirit and they are life.

Only those Born of the Spirit can hear God.

Katy

2008/4/18 15:33
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re:

Quote:
Jesus said, My Words are Spirit and they are life

Not that I have any desire to simply prolong the discussion; but due to what, to me, was light on the subject, I hoped I could have the opportunity to share...

While beginning my evening scripture reading in 1Corinthians a couple days ago, I could not get past the first 2 chapters, reading and rereading them over and over. I know I only see "in part", but it was almost as though a particular verse I could not get past was pointing out to me some of the questions I have had in times past about many things currently "plaguing" the modern churchworld, and its inoperative attempts to find true revival.

Perhaps it will be so to none else, but it was for me.

Paul, speaking to the church at Corinth mentioned several things out of order before he mentions others; one of the first being:

"Now I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

(which to me is a very powerful way of getting a Christians attention! That name which is above every name, that name to whom we owe our whole beings, that name that is precious to God and to those who know Him)

..that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you;

(WOW! I have never seen that in my whole life; not in the church as a whole. Although I have within fellowship; people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives- perhaps saying it in different ways- but nevertheless it was the same...The same miraculous power of God to save, to deliver, to redeem, to keep, to convict, to humble, to bring joy and comfort in the midst of trial; to whom we pray and beseech on behalf of, our loved ones- and those who struggle nearby and far away.)

...but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

(judgement: in Strongs- "cognition"; in the dictionary- cognition: knowing, preceiving, or conceiving as an act of faculty.)

..For it has been declared unto me...... that there are contentions among you.....

(the next words struck me as an arrow in my heart!)

Is Christ divided?

(Of course my answer is NO; but the question reverberates in my heart even now.)

(Paul goes on, and there is much between these verses in Chpt. 1 and those in Chpt. 2, but I was so amazed by them, I had to view them in this way..)

"And I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing (or persuasive) words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power..

(again this next verse shook me,)

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."

(We seem to be the generation that was spoken of that has PILED up teachers to themselves....so many people, so many words, so many teachings...
It almost seems like the more we learn, the less we DO.... It makes me wonder, are we, the churchworld as a whole, listening more to the wisdom of men? Just a question I ask myself as well.

The power of God... Ravenhill spoke of it, so has Kieth Daniels, so did AW Tozer, many, many precious men of God speak and have seen the power of God! There are many more I do not even know, I am only speaking of personal experience having heard them, and seen some of them.

I still remember the prayer of Ravenhill before he began to preach: "Lord we ask, as Isaiah spoke: 'OH, that you would rend the heavens and come down'. Praying in earnest heaviness and tears.

I was somewhat amazed when I listened to the questions and answer time from the last revival conference at the many differences in personality and background of the various speakers. Though they spoke with various emphasis, the messages they were speaking were mostly the same, because they focus- their understanding comes from the perspective that- God is the MOST valuable, glorifying His Son is the MOST important, being the MOST respectable representative is of UTMOST importance!

The central focus always being that GOD IS, and we respond to Him as is due Him! (please excuse my simplistic way of summerizing it)

In some ways, there is a sense that we MUST be focused appropriately; lay aside our divisions; purpose to BE what God in Christ Jesus intends for us to BE;

make sure of the placement of our faith and our devotion; STAND in Christ; BEND low towards Christ first- and then our fellow brothers and sisters; LISTEN to His voice- careful our own does not drown Him out;

and most important in this late hour (that most men of God I have ever heard have said!) REPENT! of the works of our own hands, our dual allegences, our lack of being or doing, our lack of humility, our self inflated views, our desire for riches and things, the imprint of this modern worlds base mentality, our lack of tears, our lack of fervency, our jaded perspective on the body of Christ, our busy lives full of self promotion, our pride of life.

"Oh to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be, let THY goodness like a fetter bind my wandering soul to Thee. Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart, Oh take a seal it; Seal it for Thy courts above.")

Thanks for your patience, and the opportunity.
God Bless

2008/4/19 14:18Profile
sirilpaul10

kanpur

Re:

thank you sister, a very nice post ....

here is a video in somewhat the same terms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z3pYCiCtVo

2016/2/13 2:40Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Lory: Thank you for the reminder.

There is a realm of human understanding that is very useful and good. God did not endow us with intelligence and creativity for nothing. The surgeon definitely needs to use all of the human creativity and understanding that he has at his disposal.

However, he is an unwise surgeon who does not also realize that his own understanding is a gift from God and that it is weak and limited due to his human frame. He is wise who calls on God and says, "God, my own understanding is limited and I desperately need your wisdom."

The problem comes when we seek to substitute our own limited human understanding in the realm where only God's spiritual wisdom will suffice. It is then we get lifted up with pride and fall, often taking many others with us. We need to humble ourselves and realize that we can do and know nothing without Him.

2016/2/29 21:39Profile

Re:

All natural giftings and intelligence submitted to God the Father through the Holy Spirit are a blessing to others and a glory to God's

2016/3/1 1:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy