SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : demons?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Go Katy,

Quote:
Those not in Christ are created beings, those Born from above are Spirit birthed son's of God, lest how could we see the things of the kingdom and worship God in Spirit and truth.

Go Phillip!!!!

More:

Angels DON"T HAVE BLOOD

Angels can't be Crucified

Angels can't forgive sin!

Angels...those awful ones some who are in chains...the ones Linn was referring to ..different levels of powers and principalities. 1/3 of the Angels fell with Satan,...one day the Church will judge!!!!

Mary conceived of the Holy Spirit.....not INVADED by an angel. :-?

Well, just more common sense!

Love Katy

2008/4/15 14:27
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:

If the 'big bang' is not a chaotic explosion, but the moment Creation began - can Christians believe in it without being compromised scripturally?

Well, God says in Genesis 1 that He spoke all Creation into being. The big bang doesn't fit into all that, so yes, I believe it's compromise. However, it's not really about what I believe, it's really about what the Bible say and will you believe it or not?

Jordan

2008/4/15 14:37Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:

More:

Angels DON"T HAVE BLOOD

Angels can't be Crucified

Angels can't forgive sin!

Angels...those awful ones some who are in chains...the ones Linn was referring to ..different levels of powers and principalities. 1/3 of the Angels fell with Satan,...one day the Church will judge!!!!

Mary conceived of the Holy Spirit.....not INVADED by an angel. :-?

Well, just more common sense!

Love Katy

Hi Katy,

Is there a specific Scripture that says angels don't have blood or is that just a guess? Would you back up this last post with Scripture?

I agree that Mary conceived by the Holy Spirit, but I'm not sure about some of the other stuff you said.

Jordan

2008/4/15 15:00Profile

Re: Zechariah 3:2

There is no contradiction for the Lord to say: “The Lord rebuke thee,” for we read in Zechariah 3:2—“And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan…” In Daniel 10:13, Michael is said to be “one of the chief princes.” Surely, Christ cannot be described as merely one of the chief princes. But the word rendered “one” (Heb. echad) may also be rendered “first” (as in Genesis 1:5; Daniel 9:1–2; etc.) Jesus is LORD and God the SON. Amen

2008/4/15 15:10

Re: demons?

Jordan asked dorcas

Quote:
it's really about what the Bible say and will you believe it or not?

I do believe what the Bible says and I find no conflict with science, while I'm not being asked to ditch the Bible to believe science.

Yes, some scientists have their own agenda, but there is a steady flow of scientists from the theory of evolution camp to the creationist camp [i]because[/i] that makes more sense of their science.

I know that 'science' doesn't explain everything. I don't expect it to - mainly because it deals only with the material world.

The biggest difficulty I have with 'science', is that there is in some minds a sub-agenda which [u]is[/u] anti-God, and, those who dwell in darkness, who [u]refuse[/u] to come to the Light, are already out of the loop of revelation and are already condemned.

However, God knows hearts, and He chooses for some people to find Him [i]through[/i] a scientific career. He chooses for people to find Him in and from all sorts of unlikely angles.

I believe honest science plays a big part in showing [i]some[/i] people something about order in the universe, which [u]is[/u] incompatible with a [i]chaotic[/i] big bang - but not with an orderly beginning, such as we believe God ordained from before time began.

2008/4/15 15:10

Re:

Quote:
There is no contradiction for the Lord to say: “The Lord rebuke thee,” for we read in Zechariah 3:2—“And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan…” In Daniel 10:13, Michael is said to be “one of the chief princes.” Surely, Christ cannot be described as merely one of the chief princes. But the word rendered “one” (Heb. echad) may also be rendered “first” (as in Genesis 1:5; Daniel 9:1–2; etc.) Jesus is LORD and God the SON. Amen

I just thought of another,

Angels **can** sin...so an angel cannot be God...

It is impossible for GOD to sin ever!

Katy

2008/4/15 15:24

Re: demons?

Jordan asked Katy

Quote:
Is there a specific Scripture that says angels don't have blood or is that just a guess? Would you back up this last post with Scripture?

Here is a key scripture:

Hebrews 2
14 [b]Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same[/b]; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
16 [b]For verily he took not on [/b][i]him the nature of[/i][b] angels; but he took on[/b] [i]him[/i][b] the seed of Abraham[/b].

2008/4/15 16:00
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Demons and ...

Quote:
Each time I post this, the thread is immediately locked. Let's see what happens here.

For quoting Hebrews? Not likely ... I don't know what all is being so misconstrued here nor why but I do not know that threads are locked for no good reason, so it must have been for some other completely different reason. I think far too much is being read into a lot of this. This thread didn't have anything to do with Michael or the equating with Jesus nor does it necessarily have to do with all the other commotion brought on by a rebuke earlier. I have to wonder sometimes at the level and amount of things being read into matters ...

I did take umbrage earlier with extra biblical motif's and later anti-biblical ones, those which have a certain long history here in this forum. That was more the emphasis than anything than just this lone subject matter. The deity of Christ is not something I feel some need to take a stand on when it is so painfully obvious and again why it needs to be brought up here ... I recognize the large beef that was put up over the whole matter some months back but it was addressed well enough at the time by others that it didn't need any further comment.

Happy? Might I say we really need to stop deriving notions and assumptions from what we are reading and just read them at face value.

2008/4/15 16:06Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

How could an Angel be in the Kingdom of God and do His bidding if they had flesh and blood.

Angels don't have flesh and blood. They are spirit and may appear as flesh and blood but are not as we are, who must shed this flesh and blood that it be planted into the ground and die, then the fruit of God will appear as Christ is, which He had and seen by many flesh and bone, but no blood. The life of the flesh is in the blood. The Body of Christ is a different glorified body
With no corruptible flesh or blood.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/4/15 16:29Profile

Re:

Hello Jordan,
Linn gave you one scripture

We also have in Jude:

Concerning angels who have fallen,

Jude 6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

2 Peter 2:4
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

To truly understand redemption one must know it took the spotless sinless lamb of God, Jesus Christ to take our sin upon Him.

5For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

Hebrews 2:6But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him?

7Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

8Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

11For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

12Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

13And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Angels cannot forgive sin, for angels are not sinless perfect, and HOLY.

Man cannot forgive sin, or work his own way to heaven, no matter how hard he tries.

Redemption through His shed Blood by faith you are justified.

And it is the Spirit of the Life of Christ who sets you free from the law of Sin and death.

Angels have no hope of redemption. Angels are not written in the Lambs book of Life....angels can never wash their robes in the Blood of the Lamb!!!

Love Katy

2008/4/15 16:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy