SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : demons?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Demons

Mike, Thank You for your reply. I would like to ask, just for the record, putting all moments of silence aside now, would you declare with as much passion as you have shown on this subject your stand on the Deity of Christ.

Thank you,
Katy

2008/4/15 10:01
psalm1

Re:

I was wondering......if maybe after this thread we wont have to go through the great tribulation?

David

2008/4/15 10:23Profile

Re: SHEMA

Then He said to me, “Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” 2 So I opened my mouth, and He fed me this scroll. 3 He said to me, “Son of man, feed your stomach and fill your body with this scroll which I am giving you.” Then I ate it, and it was sweet as honey in my mouth.
4 Then He said to me, “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them. 5 “For you are not being sent to a people of unintelligible speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel, 6 nor to many peoples of unintelligible speech or difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. But I have sent you to them who should listen to you; 7 yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate. 8 “Behold, I have made your face as hard as their faces and your forehead as hard as their foreheads. 9 “Like emery harder than flint I have made your forehead. Do not be afraid of them or be dismayed before them, though they are a rebellious house.” 10 Moreover, He said to me, “Son of man, take into your heart all My words which I will speak to you and listen closely (Ezek. 3:1-10) - 24 The Spirit then entered me and made me stand on my feet, and He spoke with me and said to me, “Go, shut yourself up in your house. 25 “As for you, son of man, they will put ropes on you and bind you with them so that you cannot go out among them. 26 “Moreover, I will make your tongue stick to the roof of your mouth so that you will be mute and cannot be a man who rebukes them, for they are a rebellious house. 27 “But when I speak to you, I will open your mouth and you will say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD.’ He who hears, let him hear; and he who refuses, let him refuse; for they are a rebellious house (Ezek. 3:24-27). - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

2008/4/15 10:24

Re:

Part 2, The Deity of Christ ........

Linn said:

Quote:
Probably I've said enough here, but just in case you're wondering, I'm speaking from experience both of being troubled in the past by many demons, and from God graciously delivering me from them, in answer to prayer, and obedience to righteousness. Demons hate righteousness.

Romans 8:
37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 1:19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

We, the Body of Christ are seated with Christ in Heavenly Places in Christ Jesus.

10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Linn, I do believe this is what I was hearing you say. Praise God!

So, I would say that someone didn't read all of what Linn was trying to say here, really listen!

If we had, there would be at least ONE THING we could have agreed with!

Thank you Linn for your insight!

Katy

2008/4/15 10:31

Re: The Deity of Christ

Many, past and present, who believe Jesus is God and God is One in three persons(A.K.A. Trinity)also believed that Michael the archangel was the pre-incarnate Christ. Because they believe it does not necessarily make it so. Yet,we also ought to be careful to claim that only cultists believe this. To name just a few men who may be well known to those here on SI who believe this: Adam Clarke, Matthew Henry, John Gill, Theodore Beza, John Calvin, and many many more. May we all study to show ourselves approved unto God...

2008/4/15 11:30

Re:

Quote:
Yet,we also ought to be careful to claim that only cultists believe this.

Yes indeed!

It doesn't get any clearer then this.

Hebrews 1
1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Katy

Each time I post this, the thread is immediately locked. Let's see what happens here.

2008/4/15 11:57

Re:

"Is Jesus Michael the Archangel?"

[u][b]9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. [/b][/u]

If Michael is Jesus Our Lord what a silly comment made here in Jude. Michael did not dispute with the devil...but rather said *THE LORD rebuke you*

Clearly Michael IS NOT The LORD

Romans 1:4

and he was shown to be the Son of God when he was raised from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit. He is Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

" Also answered by Got Questions using the same scripture in Hebrews 1.

"Is Jesus Michael the Archangel?"

Jesus is not Michael the Archangel. The Bible nowhere identifies Jesus as Michael (or any other angel for that matter). Hebrews 1:5-8 draws a clear distinction between Jesus and the angels, “For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Or again, "I will be His Father, and He will be my Son"? And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says, "Let all God's angels worship Him."

In speaking of the angels He says, "He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire." But about the Son He says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.” Angels worship Jesus. The angels are called sons of God (Genesis 6:2-4; Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7), but Jesus is THE Son of God (Hebrews 1:8; Matthew 4:3-6).

Michael the Archangel is perhaps the highest of all the angels. Michael is the only angel in the Bible who is designated “the Archangel” (Jude verse 9). Michael the Archangel, though, is only an angel. He is not God. The clear distinction in the power and authority of Michael and Jesus can be seen in comparing Matthew 4:10 and Jude verse 9. In Matthew 4:10, Jesus rebukes Satan. In Jude verse 9, Michael the Archangel calls on the Lord to rebuke Satan. Jesus is God incarnate (John 1:1,14). Michael the Archangel is a powerful angel, but still only an angel. "

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Michael-Archangel.html

Katy

2008/4/15 13:06
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:

this literal approach to interpreting the Bible also means that unless what we have discovered since that time fits within its terms, then these things must also be untrue. Evolution is one thing i am refering to, here. We can know from direct observation that the universe is expanding in all directions and that if you reverse time everything ends up in the same place, but SI folks deny the big bang because it isn't in the Bible.

bub

Dear Bub,

You used the illustration of the big bang. I'd like to say that it's not only because it's not in the Bible that I don't believe in it, but because it's scientifically impossible.

You talk about using reason and logic, but the big bang theory totally goes against scientific law. Have you ever seen something orderly come from chaos?

If science contradicts the Bible, it's wrong not the Bible.

Jordan
edit: This wasn't going to be a "bunny trail", but I guess it was, sorry.

2008/4/15 14:00Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Go Katy,

The difference in Michael and Jesus is: Michael is a created being and Jesus is the birthed miracle of God.

You cannot make the two, one.

That is the difference in the Born Again also.

Those not in Christ are created beings, those Born from above are Spirit birthed son's of God, lest how could we see the things of the kingdom and worship God in Spirit and truth.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/4/15 14:12Profile

Re: demons?

Jordan asked

Quote:
Have you ever seen something orderly come from chaos?

I agree... and many Christians have the idea the big bang is about chaos, when really it's more about a moment of beginning.

The universe is expanding at such a uniform rate and in such a controlled manner, that there is a Christian physics professor in the UK who uses this fact to support his belief in God, when discussing science publicly.

If the 'big bang' is not a chaotic explosion, but the moment Creation began - can Christians believe in it without being compromised scripturally?

EDIT: let me change 'believe in it' to [i]accept it[/i]... thanks.

2008/4/15 14:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy