SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Elohiym: Creator

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
Zionshield

Ohio

Re:

Well said. It is a very important matter to not be placed under the law again. It is a yoke of bondage that arouses the old man. When it says do not lust I do the very thing. It incites the sin in me...because it was for the purpose of revealing sin in me and preparing me for the Savior. This is a deeper thing than the sabboth all together and must be understood. Col.2:14 says that He canceled the writen code nailing it to the cross. The commandments referred to in the new testament are those given by the Lord through His Spirit. To be filled (controlled) by the Spirit implies we are submitted and obedient to Him. Gal. 5:18 If you are led by the Spirit you are not under the law. (it should be noted that to be filled with the Spirit has the same result as letting the Word of Christ richly dwell within you in Col.4)

Watch this...see how God deals with the old nature. He doesn't say follow this list of rules. He crucifies the sinful nature with its passion and lusts (Gal. 5:24). Because regulations and rules have no power in restraining sensual indulgence (Col.2:23).

Look at the quandry Paul is in in Romans 7. Its all about the law and his effort to do. He wants to obey so badly (no lost man would say that) but he has not the ability. He wants to do what God wants but can't. Knowing the law and wanting to obey it can't help him, only make him more miserable. Only the Spirit gives life...and as we obey Him we are obeying Christ. Jesus is not saying obey the ten commandments when He says obey My commands. The distinction must be made between His commandments and the ten commandments.

2008/4/15 22:59Profile
sscr01

Re:

As I said, before,when Jesus gave us the "Two Greatest Commandments," He was quoting the law. Deut 6:5; Lev 19:18.

These two are a summation of The Ten:

If you love the Lord, supremely, you will not bow down to or worship other gods, take His name in vain, or profane His holy day.

If you love your neighbour as yourself, you will not dishonor your parents, murder, commit adultery, steal, bear false witness or covet.

The Ten Commandments were/are God's Covenant with man.

He, absolutely, did mean for us to keep these commandments.

How could you walk with a holy God and transgress His law?

Sin is "the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

You can muddy the water all you want, but the fourth commandment is a commandment, not a request.

If we walk with Him in His Spirit, we will not transgress His Word - His law.

2008/4/16 15:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

These 2 commandments were taken and given anew in Christ. These are not the first two of the 10 commandments.

The new commandments; 2 John 1:1-13 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever. Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full. The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

John presumed that the command to love one another was understood as far as the gospel was known; and he might well presume it, for true Christianity never prevails anywhere without prompting to the observance of this law. Cmt. on 1Th 4:9.

For ye yourselves are taught of God. The word here rendered "taught of God" qeodidaktoi occurs nowhere else in the New Testament. It is correctly translated, and must refer here to some direct teaching of God on their own hearts, for Paul speaks of their being so taught by him as to need no special precepts in the case. He refers to that influence exerted on them when they became Christians, by the very Christ that was born again in them, by which they were led to love all who bear the Divine image. He calls this being "taught of God," not because it was of the nature of revelation or inspiration of the old testament 10 commandments, which brought death, but because it was, in fact, the teaching of God in this case, though it was secret and silent. The mystery of Christ in you, God has many ways of teaching men. The lessons which we learn from his Providence are a part of his instructions. The same is true of the decisions of our own consciences, and of the secret and silent influence of His Spirit that was birthed in us, on our hearts, disposing us to love what is lovely, and to do what ought to be done. In this manner all true Christians are taught to love those who bear the image of their Saviour. They feel that they are brethren; and such is their strong attachment to them, from the very nature of Christ, that they do not need any express command of God to teach them to love them. It is one of the first--the elementary effects of Christ on the soul, by Holy Spirit teaching of this Christ that is now our nature, to lead us to love "the brethren;" and to do this is one of the evidences of piety about which there need be no danger of deceptions. Comp. 1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. The Law.

This is new testament law of the Spirit...Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Which is do or die.

Chase the 10 commandments all you want to, they will bring death. This is the only thing of the commandments that will brings life; Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

It is fulfilled in Christ's Spirit that is in us, He being the fulfillment of the Law.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Flesh cannot keep any commandments all the time or even all the commandments once.

Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

This is the difference of keeping the commandments and dying by them or living by them in faith by the Christ that is in you the Hope of Glory.

Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, [doeth he it] by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

So the question is, who are you being led by? Not are you keeping the old testament commandments that were for Israel, God's chosen people, which led them to where they are today, still an obstinate and unbelieving people who crucified the Lord of Glory.

We walk with a Holy God by His Son that He planned before the foundation of the world to be in us.

Ephesians 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

In Christ: Phillip

2008/4/16 17:08Profile
sscr01

Re:

If we walk in His Spirit, we will not transgress His law.

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW." 1 John 3:4.

If you transgress His law, you are a sinner.

2008/4/16 18:30Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Do you, we transgress God's Law?

Does Christ transgress God's Law?

If Christ is in you is He a transgressor of the Law when we commit sin's of the flesh?

Do we have an advocate with the Father to appropriate forgiveness when we confess?

Who is God depending on for our salvation, us that still have sins of the flesh or the Sinless Seed of Christ in us.

It is like a thoroughbred race horse, the owner is not depending on the horse but the Seed of the Father that fathered him. Which was paid a great price.

Mat 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

1Pe 3:4 But [let it be] the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, [even the ornament] of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. (which He Paid)

God is depending on the perfect Seed, that is Incorruptable Seed that is born again in us when we believe for our salvation. That is why He took away the sin of Adam that the whole world was lost. Then giving each individual His Seed, those that believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and what the Father has said about Him, He provided the Advocate to forgive us individual fleshly sin by confession. So no one can commit the sin of Adam's law, "Don't eat", that was the sin of the world Christ provided the atonement for and also the individual sin that Christ put His Blood on the altar that we individually might be forgiven our sin and they never remembered again as the sacrifices of the Law were remembered at each sacrifice of an animal for individual sin.

That is how John can say, "those that are born from above, of God, don't sin and still say if we say we have no sin we lie".

The Sin of Adam forgiven The born of God can never be commited again because of the Christ in him. We no longer have the nature of Adam, which was of his father the devil, whom he believed. For our Father is God by the Son, whom we now believe.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Sins of the flesh which are personal and forgivable, not the sin of Adam the first, flesh, which the second Adam in living Spirit took away.

1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.

Whom do you serve? The Law or The Quickening Spirit Christ. Did you receive the Spirit?

As I have asked; Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Flesh cannot keep any commandments all the time or even all the commandments once.

Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

This is the difference of keeping the commandments and dying by them or living by them in faith by the Christ that is in you the Hope of Glory.

Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, [doeth he it] by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

2008/4/16 19:41Profile
sscr01

Re:

If you do not keep the fourth commandment, you are a transgressor of the law.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Ga 2:20.

"What shall we say then? Shall we CONTINUE IN SIN (the "transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4), that grace may abound? GOD FORBID. How shall we, that are dead to sin, (the transgression of the law) live any longer therein?" Rom 6:1.

"Do we then make void the law through faith? GOD FORBID: yea, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW." Rom 3:31.

(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED." Rom 2:13.

Rom 16:26 refers to "THE OBEDIENCE OF FAITH."

By faith Abraham...obeyed." Heb 11:8.

"Was not Abraham our father JUSTIFIED BY WORKS when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, AND BY WORKS WAS FAITH MADE PERFECT?

And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed to him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God.

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, AND NOT BY FAITH, ONLY...

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead, also." Ja 2

When God commands, if we love Him, we will obey Him.

"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.

"And being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation, unto ALL THEM THAT OBEY HIM." Heb 5:9.

You cannot call Him, "Lord," if you do not obey His commandments.

2008/4/16 21:07Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Ahhh, the day worshippers are back.

Didn't the ancient Greeks worship a day of the week as well?

sscr01, do you wish to bring revival, or continue to spread your false witness here to try to win converts?

Find a new topic please and quit worshipping a day of the week.

2008/4/16 22:39Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If you don't know that Christ is become the fourth commandment, you are missing the peace and rest that God intended when He birthed His Son in you and gave you a new nature, a new creature in Christ Jesus.

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

2008/4/17 2:39Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Reply to sscr01

You have taken us from victory in Jesus to trying to produce our own righteousness, a discussion worth having and a good reminder for me not to jump to conclusions.

But I still think that going back and trying to understand the old man is a waste of time. Its like digging in a old skin full of rotten fruit.

Spend the time walking in the light shining from the heart of the new man and declaring the greatness of the Holy Spirit that produces a likeness of the son of man that leads to sonship of Almighty God.

Seek the Kingdom of God and the giver of the law of the new land, seek His gifts, protection and the joy and peace that comes from His Lordship in His Kingdom..

We are to celebrate victories over doubts, fears, and temptations and give thanks too the One whose leadership hangs Satan on the gallows that you and he had prepared in your heart for the Holy Spirit. Then our King's wrath will be pacified.

Ephesians 4: 21-24
If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts and be renewed in the spirit of your mind and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Hos.10:12-13.
12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.
13 Ye have plowed wickedness, ye have reaped iniquity; ye have eaten the fruit of lies: because thou didst trust in thy way, in the multitude of thy mighty men.)

What concerns us is your seemingly lack of faith in the lordship of Jesus and strong faith in your will to over come the world and sin. We don’t know you personally but we know the weakness of the flesh and we know for certain that you nor we can keep the laws of God by willing our minds to defeat our fleshly desires.

Most commentators make the mistake of treating the sheep as either lost or as goats. Please make the proper distinctions and you too will give our Lord the glory for His stewardship of the part that He quickened and took the curse from. The new spirit that loves God, His Son and our neighbors .

The flesh is under the curse unto this very day and “will surely die”

But the path we walk is a new path that we are not the guide of. We are followers of The Good Shepard and we are His workmanship and it is He that our souls bow to in our unworthiness.

Eddie

2008/4/17 8:31Profile
sscr01

Re:

So, because we have grace, it is o.k. to worship other gods, take His name in vain, profane His hold day, dishonor our parents, murder, commit adultery, steal, bear false witness and covet?

So, why do you exempt the fourth commandment, from all the rest?

That's interesting, because, Jesus took the commandments to the heart, when He said, if you look upon a woman to lust, you have, already, committed adultery with her in your heart. If you are angry with your brother, without cause, you are guilty of murder.

Those under the New Covenant, have His Covenant engraved upon their hearts and mind. Jer 31:31-34;Heb 8:10-13.

How hard is it to keep the Sabbath holy? Millions are doing it every week and more all the time.

"As far as the east is from the west,so far hath He removed our transgressions (of the law: 1 John 3:4) from us...TO SUCH AS KEEP HIS COVENANT, AND TO THOSE THAT REMEMBER HIS COMMANDMENTS TO DO THEM." Ps 103.

Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15.

He is, only, Lord, to those that obey His Word.

2008/4/17 8:59Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy