SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Elohiym: Creator

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Reply to Paulwest
Its good work your doing. Keep at it but every now and again stop and praise God for His work.

Hebrews 6

1. Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2. Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3. And this will we do, if God permit.
4. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5. And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6. If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
8. But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Eddie

2008/4/11 11:24Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Reply to Paulwest

There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.

And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him.

Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats? And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. KJV

There is not one comandment of God you can't keep if you are born again and wanted to.

Eddie

2008/4/11 11:39Profile
sscr01

Re:

Keeping His commandments is not optional and it isn't a burden for those who have His commandments engraved upon their hearts.Jer 31:31-34; Heb 8:10

Here is a great promise: "If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on MY HOLY DAY: and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour Him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." Isa 58:13,14.

So, you are saying, that keeping all of His commandments, is a burden?

Not to those who love Him and want to honor His Word.

I follow the example of Jesus. He worshipped His Father and met human need.

Jesus said, "If ye love Me,keep My commandments." John 14:15.

Jesus never said, that, He was the Lord of Sunday. He referred to Himself as the "Lord of the Sabbath." Mt 12:8;Mk 2:28;Lu 6:5.

Elohiym sanctified and blessed the seventh day Sabbath. He never sanctified and blessed Sunday, called, "The Lord's Day," in sun worship, common in the Roman Empire.

The Apostle John wrote, "And hereby we do know that we know Him, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.

He that saith, I KNOW HIM, and keepeth not His commandments, is a LIAR, and the Truth is not in Him." 1 John 2:3,4.

Again, the Apostle John makes a connection between keeping His commandments and entering Heaven:
"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.

He is, only, Lord, to those who obey Him.

2008/4/11 13:29Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

sscr01 wrote:
Keeping His commandments is not optional and it isn't a burden for those who have His commandments engraved upon their hearts.Jer 31:31-34; Heb 8:10

Here is a great promise: "If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on MY HOLY DAY: and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour Him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." Isa 58:13,14.

Not to those who love Him and want to honor His Word.

I follow the example of Jesus. He worshipped His Father and met human need.

Jesus said, "If ye love Me,keep My commandments." John 14:15.

Jesus never said, that, He was the Lord of Sunday. He referred to Himself as the "Lord of the Sabbath." Mt 12:8;Mk 2:28;Lu 6:5.

Elohiym sanctified and blessed the seventh day Sabbath. He never sanctified and blessed Sunday, called, "The Lord's Day," in sun worship, common in the Roman Empire.

The Apostle John wrote, "And hereby we do know that we know Him, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.

He that saith, I KNOW HIM, and keepeth not His commandments, is a LIAR, and the Truth is not in Him." 1 John 2:3,4.

Again, the Apostle John makes a connection between keeping His commandments and entering Heaven:
"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.

He is, only, Lord, to those who obey Him.

If I had ten thousand tongues....I could not say AMEN enough to that!

Psalm 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for [b]all thy commandments are righteousness[/b].

ALL His Commandments ARE RIGHTEOUSNES!!

2008/4/11 14:12Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:

Not only is it a burden, it is impossible in the flesh - and God Himself knew we could never keep the commandments - even after our Christian conversions - without first coming to a spiritual understanding of the ramifications of our death, burial and resurrection of new life in Christ. God graciously slew our Sabbath-keeping-in-the-flesh Adamic, old men with Christ 2000 years ago. The problem is, we won't reckon ourselves dead; instead we still try to [i]live[/i] for God by obeying stringent laws and continuing to observe certain things under pain of God's displeasure if we fall short. Such things are not intended to be resolved [i]in the flesh[/i] by His born-again children, for this cancels out grace and annuls the efficacy of our total sufficiency in Christ. You who keep stressing "obey the commandments, obey the commandments" - you don't even keep the commandments yourselves; you simply pick and choose which ones are expedient, and you see failure after failure in your own lives, defeat after defeat, yet you would place these insurmountable burdens upon younger believers here so you might glory in their flesh. From where do we have the "be sure to obey and observe the Sabbath or you'll upset God" dictate? Is it not from belivers still walking in the flesh, still carefully striving to accomplish a feat in the flesh under the pain of failure? All the commandments for us are fulfilled in Christ, Who now abides within us by faith. We are hid in Christ, and Christ is the fulfillment. When we walk in the Spirit of Christ, we fulfill all the commandments, because the Spirit in which we walk is the Spirit of Christ.

It's not a matter of [i]doing[/i] anything or observing a particular day according to the Jewish ritual which was a shadow of things to come, but a reckoning ourselves who are dead and now raised to life in Him, and presenting our vessels to God daily in the newness of this glorious life in Christ by faith. The Lord of the Sabbath lives in us, for those who have entered into His rest, everyday is worshipful and consecrated and a glorious new beginning. If you esteem one day above another, this is fine, but when you begin to publically impress your teachings on others as a [i]must[/i], intervention is needed to prevent the subversion of younger minds.

2008/4/11 14:25Profile
sscr01

Re:

Again, He said, "A NEW HEART also will I give you and A NEW SPIRIT will I put within you...And I will put MY SPIRIT within you, and CAUSE YOU to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments and do them." Ezek 36:26,27.

Again, In Psalm 119, the word, "word," is used interchangeably, with "law,"precepts,"statutes,"testimonies,"commandments."

His Word = His law.

When He gives us His Spirit, He enables us by His Spirit of Grace (Heb 10:29)to obey His Word. When we yield to Him, we walk in His Spirit.

So, when you walk in His Spirit to you keep the Sabbath holy?

The Ten Commandments are not Jewish ritual, they are God's Covenant with man.

Do you, really, think, that, when we walk in His Spirit, we will sin, or, transgress His law? 1 John 3:4.

There are millions of people, that, keep the Sabbath holy, out of obedience to Him.

And down throughout history, many paid for it by being martyred.

Just as in the garden with the tree, it is a question of allegiance.

Is our allegiance to the "Mother of harlots"(Rev 17) - the apostate Catholic/Protestant religious system, or, to the Word of our Creator?

The fourth commandment is not optional.

2008/4/11 14:38Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
There are millions of people, that, keep the Sabbath holy, out of obedience to Him.

May I ask what "keeping the Sabbath holy" entails for us today, and what what we must [i]do[/i] in the flesh to maintain its holiness (in fear of disobeying God)?

2008/4/11 14:49Profile
sscr01

Re:

I worshipped on Sunday for decades, until, I heard the Sabbath taught from Genesis-Revelation. Then, I knew, that, it was obey or disobey. I chose to obey His Word.

The Jews added hundreds of rules and regulations to the keeping of the Sabbath - tradition.

I follow the example of Jesus, who fulfilled the law. He worshipped the Father and met human need.

One of my ministries is sharing the Gospel in a rest home.I am, also, in scores of forums, teaching the Word of God, while, we still can.

2008/4/11 14:53Profile

Re:

quote: [i]"Not only is it a burden, it is impossible in the flesh - and God Himself knew we could never keep the commandments"[/i]

The teaching that God Himself knew we could never keep the commandments is very common, but also unbiblical.

God Himself says in Deuteronomy 30:11-15: [b]"[u]For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not too hard for thee[/u], neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say: 'Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, and make us to hear it, that we may do it?' Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say: 'Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, and make us to hear it, that we may do it?' But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. See I set before you this day life and good, death and evil"[/b]

Let us be careful to not "relax one of the least of these commandments, and teach men so", as our Messiah instructed us.

His ways are a joy, when He has written them on our heart and mind-----not a burden! He causes us (by His Spirit), to walk in them, not reject them.

Choose life!
Stephen

2008/4/11 15:10
sscr01

Re:

Amen...When Christians quote Psalm 103, they don't finish it:

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions (of the law: 1 John 3:4) from us...TO SUCH AS KEEP HIS COVENANT, and TO THOSE THAT REMEMBER HIS COMMANDMENTS to do them."

All Covenants have conditions.

Rom 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith." How can we tell, that, we have faith, if we are not obedient?

"By faith Abraham...obeyed." Heb 11:8.

"Was not Abraham our father, JUSTIFIED BY WORKS, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Seest thou how faith wrought WITH HIS WORKS and BY WORKS WAS FAITH MADE PERFECT?

And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed to him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God." Ja 2.

We demonstrate our faith by our obedience to His Word.

2008/4/11 15:29Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy