SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Elohiym: Creator

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Matt 9:34
34 But the Pharisees said, "It is by the prince of demons that he drives out demons."

Mark 2:24
24 The Pharisees said to him, "Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?"

John 9:16-17
16 Some of the Pharisees said, "This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath."
But others asked, "How can a sinner do such miraculous signs?" So they were divided.
17 Finally they turned again to the blind man, "What have you to say about him? It was your eyes he opened."

John 12:19
19 So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!"

Matt 9:11
11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

Matt 12:14
14 But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

This is Christ Jesus doing these things and having the Sabbath keepers doubt and plotting to kill Him. How can we use the Sabbath as they did and say we are keeping the Law of God which was earthly and having the heavenly Law Himself in us and not make The Lord of the Sabbath our Sabbath every day, not just the seventh day Sabbath.

I for one will enter His rest every morning and night and while sleeping. Hbr 4:10 For he that is entered into His rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from His.

Making Christ our rest and our Sabbath. I have ceased from my own works of keeping a Sabbath day and made the Sabbath Himself my Rest.

I will not forsake the assembling of the body of Christ, His Church.

Hbr 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

This is the peace of God in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:14-22 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Who is the Holy Temple, Who abides in it, are we not the Holy Temple, wherein the Sabbath was observed. We are the habitation of God through the Spirit, For the Sabbath was made for Man, that is Christ In you the Hope of Glory.

Also what have we been made by God? 1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Is keeping the seventh day Sabbath our righteousness?

Or, is the Sabbath Himself our righteousness and our Glory in Him. For He is, our rest, our peace, our all in all.

In Sabbath of Christ in you: Phillip

2008/4/9 21:33Profile
sscr01

Re:

The Pharisees added hundreds of rules and regulations to the keeping of the Sabbath. Jesus honored the Father's commandments, only.

There is a difference between the ceremonial law and the Ten Commandments:

The ceremonial law was fulfilled in the sacrifice of Jesus:

1. Is called, "the law contained in ordinances." Eph 2:15.
2. Was spoken by Moses. Lev 1:1-3
3. Was written by Moses in a book. 11 Chron 35:12
4. Was placed in the side of The Ark. Deut 31:24-26
5. Was nailed to the cross. Col 2:14
6. Was abolished by Christ. Eph 2;15

Ten Commandments:
1. Is called, the "royal law." Ja 2:8
2. Was spoken by God. Deut 4:12,13.
3. Was written with the finger of God. Ex 31:8
4. Was placed inside The Ark. Ex 40:20; Heb 9:4
5. Is to "stand forever and ever." Ps 111:7,8
6. Was not destroyed by Christ. Mt 5:17,18.

The Ten Commandments are His moral law and endure forever.

Sunday was called, "The Lord's day" in sun worship,common in the Roman Empire. Jesus referred to Himself, as the "Lord of the Sabbath." Mt 12:8;Mk 2:28;Lu 6:5.

I will post on what the different denominations say on the Sabbath. It was never changed by God, but, by the Catholic Church.

Where does it say in the Scripture, that, Christ is our Sabbath? It doesn't.

2008/4/9 22:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Colossians 2:13-16 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Are these ordinances including the Sabbath days.

"""you said, "There is a difference between the ceremonial law and the Ten Commandments:"

Then why do only 2 of the commandments contain all the Law. Unless all does not me all, I would assume that ceremonial Law and Ten Commandment Law are all One, both give to Moses as to Israel being a nation to God and a chosen people.

This is most certainly not the Body of Christ the Church. In Christ blotting out the Law, I would assume that means the Sabbath also. He becoming our rest as God did rest from His works and making the Seventh Day Sabbath a day of Rest. Christ now being our rest makes Him our Sabbath.

Are we to enter or not?

Hebrews 4:1-8 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

There was no rest in the Sabbath except for the flesh. There is spiritual and flesh mortal quickened body rest in the true Sabbath which is Christ in you the hope of Glory.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/4/10 21:02Profile
sscr01

Re:

The ceremonial law was fulfilled in the sacrifice of Jesus:

Passover: He was our Passover Lamb
Unleavened Bread: He was without sin
Tabernacles: He "tabernacled among us"

Washings, are now baptism. Circumcision is now of the heart. The veil was rent. We now have access into the Holy of Holies.

If the ceremonial law was not fulfilled, you should be sacrificing animals.

The Ten Commandments are His Covenant with man. Jer 31:31-34; Heb 8:10 says, that, He will write them in our hearts and minds.

Jesus amplified the Ten. He said, that, if a man looks upon a woman to lust, he has, already, committed adultery with her in his heart.

James 2:10,11 says, that, if we break one, we become transgressors of the law. If the commandments had become obsolete, why did Jesus refer to them?

Why did Jesus refer to the Sabbath, still, being kept during The Great Tribulation? Mt 24:20.

Even in heaven, the Lord makes quite a statement about The Ark:

"And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in His temple The Ark of His Testament: and there were LIGHTNINGS, and VOICES, and THUNDERINGS, and AN EARTHQUAKE, and GREAT HAIL." Rev 11:19.

With all due respect, who are you to decide which commandments to keep and which not to keep?

When Moses disobeyed the Lord, God charged him with unbelief. Num 20:12. When the children of Israel disobeyed, they were not able to enter the Promised Land, because of unbelief. Heb 3:19. Jesus did not do many works in Nazareth, because of their unbelief. Mt 13:58. Unbelief comes out of an EVIL heart. Heb 3:12.

"...he that believeth not God, hath made Him a liar..." 1 John 5:10.

Rom 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith."

If you are not obedient to His Word, then, you are in unbelief.

2008/4/10 22:16Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"With all due respect, who are you to decide which commandments to keep and which not to keep?"

Without Christ I could keep none of them, especially all the time, that being what our righteousness God demands. And still no life in the Law.

With Christ They are fulfilled in me. And I am alive in Christ unto the Father.

Even the rich young ruler said He kept them and Paul said He kept them but there was no life in them.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

This is what trusting in the flesh was to Paul, "dung".

Philippians 3:4-10 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

The Law makes one righteous, if you keep it all.
But, still no life in the Law.

Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

If you keep the 10 commandment, will you make to heaven and the Father's house.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, [it is] evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Also judged by the law:

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

The only law I want to keep is this:

Jam 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Jhn 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

I take heed and try not to offend any brother in the perfect law of liberty.

1Cr 8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

1Cr 10:29 Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another [man's] conscience?

2Cr 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.

Gal 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
Under the Law and back into circumcission.

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
The Law and circumcission.

I don't want to be in bondage to any Law, except the Law of Love in Christ Jesus our new and only Commandment. I will keep His commandment by His Love that is in me, my Savior, my Life, my all in all.

Galatians 5:1-4 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

I will not fall from Grace. I will not be justified by the Law, for I am justified by Christs righteous that is in me.

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

He is our Glory, He that is in us and He is our only Hope.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Keep the Law, but make sure you don't break any jot Or tittle or it will Judge you and kill you.

Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/4/10 23:58Profile
sscr01

Re:

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin ("the transgression of the law" 1 John 3:4) that grace may abound? GOD FORBID. How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" Rom 6:1.

Elohiym, the Triune God instituted the seventh day Sabbath. He never changed,or, abolished it. The children of Israel, Jesus, His disciples and the New Testament Christians kept the Sabbath.

Jesus prophesied the Sabbath being kept during The Great Tribulation. Mt 24:20. Isaiah prophesied the Sabbath being kept in His Kingdom. Isa 66:22,23.

The Lord never changed the Sabbath - the Catholic Church did.

2008/4/11 7:26Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Elohiym: Creator

The Ten Commandments

I want to go on record as to my love for the Ten Commandments

The world is under The Ten Commandments and they are the fabric of civilization.

If the Ten Commandments were completely lost to the world, humanity would devour each other.

sscr01 wrote

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind." Isa 65:17.

"Even so, Come, Lord Jesus!" Rev 22:20. -End quote

Praise God for The Light.

Matthew 5 KJV
14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

When Jesus came into my heart all things became possiable through Him.

Eddie

2008/4/11 7:37Profile
sscr01

Re:

Amen...

"A NEW HEART also will I give you, and A NEW SPIRIT will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put MY SPIRIT within you and CAUSE YOU to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments and do them." Ezek 36:26,27.

As I said, before, in Psalm 119, the word, "Word," is used, interchangeably, with "statutes." "precepts," "law," "judgments,"testimonies," "commandments"...

His Word is His law.

He enables us by His Holy Spirit of Grace (Heb 10:29) to walk with Him in holiness. And that is what "walking in the Spirit" is all about.

The Holy Spirit would never lead us into sin, or, "the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Ga 2:20.

Paul told Timothy: "I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers WITH PURE CONSCIENCE..." 2 Tim 1:3.

That, is the closest, that, we will ever get to perfection in this mortality.

Jesus said, "He that rejecteth Me, and receiveth not My Words, hath one that judgeth him: the Word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." John 12:48.

I want Him to say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." Mt 25:21.

Don't you?

2008/4/11 8:36Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Repy to sscr01

I sure do.

Eddie

2008/4/11 9:18Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

What a horrible, woeful, fatal burden to place on the back of a converted babe Christian...to threaten him or her with lawlesness and incuring God's displeasure if they do not ritually observe the Jewish sabbath. The believer did not observe the Jewish Sabbath before he or she was converted, and now, being converted you would shackle them back under curse of the law, a burdened, physical obligation, full of fear and strivings of the flesh to please God from it, with all the do's and don't's and touch not's and taste not's attached.

Babes in Christ need to immediately understand that the old man has been crucified with Christ, any faculty of the flesh that would endeavor to appease God through determined willpower and resolution - the old man in Adam that would strive to keep the sabbath under the fear of falling short and angering God - this old man has been killed, he is dead with Christ, slain on the cross, and we must present ourselves to God as such. We need to come the revelation that God is irrrevocably finished with our old man nature, and now we must reckon ourselves dead in Christ and alive unto God, that we can merit no pleasure at all in terms of physical sabbath keeping in the flesh; God is only interested in Christ being formed in us and Christ living [i]His[/i] resurrected life through us as we learn by faith to walk in the Spirit. Brethren, God forbid we should labor by resolution to maintain a Jewish ritual and teach others to do so as to somehow appease God by fulfilling a requirement He would have us maintain in the flesh.

This teaching is not only wrong, it is dangerous and destructive, and Paul the Apostle withstood it all his days as well. It was the converted Pharisees teaching of the need for circumcision in the book of Galatians, and here in some threads it is becoming the letter of the law of the Sabbath.

2008/4/11 10:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy