SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Polemic Theology: How to Deal with Those Who Differ from Us

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: masterbuilders

Sometimes I have thought about the passage in 2Timothy that talks about the different vessels in a great house.

Well, imagine a worker in a house that was so careless in his work that he went around smashing all the vessels in the master's house. He may have swept the floor very well, but what good is that if he left piles of broken potsherds and glass behind him.

2008/3/15 12:28Profile

Re: Polemic Theology: How to Deal with Those Who Differ from Us

Katy said

Quote:
Personally, I believe anyone who tries to raise the dead...after their souls have passed to either to be with the Lord, or held in hades, can NOT be summonsed back to enter back into their bodies. I call that witchcraft.

For anyone wishing to catch the previous discussion, look before and after the page to which this link will take you. Perhaps that's the place to continue that discussion.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=21670&forum=48&start=90&viewmode=flat&order=0]Bush launches key Mid-East tour to last ONE WEEK[/url]

Katy,

I do accept how you feel about this topic and I don't pretend to understand it fully, but, I believe there is a world of difference between people calling up dead spirits (without their bodies), as the witch of Endor did, and what Elijah, Jesus, Peter (at least), and possibly other apostles (including Paul) did, during their ministries. How do you interpret the raising to life which God has done since then?

EDIT: What I mean is, for instance... in the middle of p6 of this thread, PaulWest recalls Smith Wigglesworth's testimony, even
Quote:
one of raising an embalmed body from the dead at a funeral parlor.

I didn't want you to miss that this has been mentioned.

2008/3/15 12:35

Re:

Quote:
How do you interpret the raising to life which God has done since then?

Can you prove through scripture these raised were 6 feet under? Or possibly just passing. We also have in our day Doctors who can bring a patient back to life...however none have ever confessed they came back from hell or were asleep in the Lord.

I don't see any scripture where teh Apostles were taken to graveyards and raised anyone ancestors.

So we do need to put things into perspective.

Those spoken in Luke, one group on the side called Abraham's bosom, and the other...hades, state no one return back, or even could send messages back.

Here is what the Bible says:

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men [u]once to die[/u], but after this the judgment:

Chris, to your reply or question or comment. I am sorry that comment hurt you. But this is not even my question or comment, but a comment coming from many many who have been HURT by the teachings of Calvinism.....

I also believe, if not in this thread but maybe a post later was based on those who BOYCOTT revivals wearing T Shirts that say...NO CHOICE.

So, I would have to read the WHOLE conversation in it's original context.

Katy

2008/3/15 12:59

Quote:
Can you prove through scripture these raised were 6 feet under?

Hi Katy,

It is you who has introduced the '6 feet under' clause. But that is not in scripture. The closest to come to this are Lazarus and Jesus, who had been formally laid in their tombs.

At no time have David or myself advocated the digging up of bodies.

2008/3/15 13:40
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Speaking of digging up bodies ... Being that David has seemingly excused himself from this conversation there is no need for any of us to be speaking in his stead. Not that there would be if he was indeed present.

2008/3/15 14:01Profile
roadsign

Re: Where's that support for your argument?

Katie said:

Quote:
You posted a place where anything goes ((according to some who took this thread that way.... and used this article as his defence not to be challenged.
Is this what you wanted to accomplish?

As I recall I challenged this zeal by appealing to the content of the article. I believe that the mission was accomplished. I know, for myself, how easy it is to form ideas in my mind before adequately absorbing the material.

And now I appeal to you to post some actual quotes directly from it to support your concern that it is a tool to promote political correctness.

I am willing to be “converted” by you, as long as you can show me how your position is correct.
Diane

2008/3/15 14:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
To me the Box is the "law"

The Box is the law? Thats a new one.

2008/3/15 14:46

Re:

Here is a beginning quote from this article:

Quote:
Christians have not managed in many cases to win over their opponents

Now, what and who are the **opponents**...the unsaved or the saved?

Diane, not wanting to dig up more dead weight here but here is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. On another subject (two maybe more posted here on the sabbath) but that thread was concerning the sabbath as being Saturday, to be kept.

Yet we see Paul's words here say we are to be fully persuaded [u]in our own mind[/u].

Taking a closer look at this, would you say that some things are based upon PERSONAL Conviction, and don't need to be undermined by someone elses Theology?

Romans 14:5
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded [u]in his own mind[/u].

Somethings we don't need to let others make up our minds for us.

We're not all going to agree on many issues..especially in today's world of Christianity. With Apostasy on the rise, the Emergent Church, those who throw out those who adhear to the Truths of scripture are called the troublemakers. Be that as it may. Maybe that's the MARKS of the Lord Jesus we bare in our bodies.

(( Never to be ashamed of))

You see, many want **their mark** upon you. A Trophy they seemed to have won over to their theological stand point. This is what this article says to me. It's not about preaching the Gospel...but Theology....

Added:

Galatians 6:13
[u]For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.[/u]

This ol game has been around for sometime now.

That's why we have many diferent denominations. Due to Theological differences. The reason it is so, is because these issues could not be ironed out to begin with.

We need the wisdom of God to know the difference between the Doctrine of Jesus Christ, doctrines of demons, and the doctrines of men.

Jude says beware of those who sneak in unaware.

2nd & 3rd John says...don't even let them in the door.

Katy

PS and as you see, that issue was not resolved by either side. AND I thoroughly believe it NEVER will.

2008/3/15 17:23
roadsign

Re:

Katie, I see a common tone in your writings. Do you see it?

Quote:
We're not all going to agree on many issues

Quote:
this ol game has been around for sometime now

Quote:
that issue was not resolved by either side. AND I thoroughly believe it NEVER will.

Quote:
these issues could not be ironed out to begin with.

These all seem to portray a tone of decided defeat. Or is the reason you are not delving into the article, even in order to use any of it to prove your point, is that it is uncharted territory for you? I don't know, but if that is the case (and that's okay!), then it would seem better not to make any judgment call on the matter. As I implied earlier: Perhaps in many instances we should leave the job with those who are well-equipped while we remain silent - and focus on what God is teaching us about ourselves.

And this comment:
Quote:
… some things are based upon PERSONAL Conviction, and don't need to be undermined by someone elses Theology?

Does this not come very close to the language of inclusivism and political correctness?

Diane

2008/3/15 18:28Profile

Hello Diane,

God bless you, too, sister. :-)

First, let me say I'm not replying to your previous posts to me, or to Paul's, until I've settled on the best way to do that, overall.

Quote:
Does this not come very close to the language of inclusivism...

It just shows how far language has strayed from its original roots.

I thought 'inclusivism' meant we all have to [i]give up some[/i] of what we believe, to come a bit closer ('water down' according to Mr Obama) to each others' views. Or, would my definition of the word be a shifting of the original goal posts? (And would we be surprised if it is?)

2008/3/15 19:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy