SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Revival is at the Door, Can you see the cloud?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Revival is at the Door, Can you see the cloud?

Hi Guys....below is a word that I sent out to my church e-mail list on 10/26/2004.(I posted it on sermon last year) I find it interesting that when God withheld the rain in Elijah's time, it was withheld for three and a half years. I personally feel in my spirit that the rain is coming back.

If we, as a church, as a people are willing to declare to the Lord who we will serve, and see the "worship of Baal," destroyed in our lives, then He will be faithful to restore the rain. That's not to say that He has not been faithful and given us measures of revival in our bondage, but now, if we will surrender to Him, He is ready to take us out of our bondage.

1Ki 8:35 When the heavens are restrained, and there is no rain because they have sinned against You, if they pray toward this place and confess Your name, and turn from their sin when You afflict them,
then hear in Heaven and forgive the sin of Your servants, and of Your people Israel, for You shall teach them the good way in which they should walk, and give rain on Your land which You have given to Your people for an inheritance. Here is the word the Lord gave me three and a half years ago.......................

Ezra 9:8 "And now for a little while grace has been shown from the Lord our God, to leave a remnant to escape, to give us a peg (nail) in His holy place that our God may enlighten our eyes and give us a measure of revival in our bondage."

Ezra has returned to Jerusalem, completely unprepared for what he is to find. He comes across a people going about their business.Everything seems as it should be, then he is informed that the people have mingled with the gentiles of the surrounding areas.
In all the history of Israel, it never failed that when they mingled with others, when they joined themselves to those of the world, they began to lose their distinctiveness, and soon after would regress to idolatry.

Right now, the "Church,' is in a similar situation to those Israelites of Ezra'a period. We have joined ourselves to the world, and the we have lost our distinctiveness. It is no surprise that the world cannot tell us apart from them. In 9:12 The Holy Spirit speaks prophetically through the priest and says "Now therefore, do not give your daughters as wives for their sons, nor take their daughters to your sons, and never seek their peace or prosperity, that you may be strong and eat the good of the land and leave it as an inheritance to your children forever."

We, as the church here on earth have given our children, sons and daughters in marriage to the world. We have sought peace by giving up our principles and turning from the word of God. We have sought prosperity and the things of the world and we are not strong. We are entering into the days of the Lords indignation. God says to us in Ezekiel 22:24" You are a land that is not cleansed or rained on in the day of indignation. The conspiracy of her prophets in her midst is like a roaring lion tearing the prey, they have devoured people:26: Her priests have violated My law and profaned My Holy things, they have not distinguished between the holy and the unholy.27: " Her leaders are like wolves tearing the prey .........to get dishonest gain."

Yes brothers and sisters, we are entering a time of judgment, and judgment will absolutely begin at the house of the Lord. The Lord will begin to tear down that which is unclean, that which has one foot in the world and one foot in the church. He will begin by withdrawing His rain. A city of old without rain was a dirty city. The longer the city went without the cleansing rain the stronger the smell became. That which passes for the church will begin to suffer a similar fate as the Lord withholds the rains of His presence and what is left begins to grow foul. Where would any of us be without His presence?

And yet, as always, there will be a remnant, this is the Lords way and it has always been so. Ezra 9:8 "And now for a little while grace has been shown from the Lord our God, to leave a remnant to escape and to give us a peg(nail) in His Holy place, that our God may enlighten our eyes and give us a measure of revival in our bondage."

What is this peg, this nail? A nail, in this context is "a time of peace." It is a sure place , a nail bears weight and burden. Isaiah 22:22-23 "The key of the house of David I will lay on his shoulder, so he shall open and no one will shut. And he shall shut and no one shall open. I will fasten him as a nail in a secure place and he will become a glorious throne to his fathers house." Although this is referencing Eliakim, it is prophetic of the Lord Jesus . Rev 3:7" "He who is holy, He who is true , He who has the Key of David, He who opens and no one shuts and shuts and no one opens."

This key on the shoulder of Jesus is the cross itself. The cross of Calvary has become the key to victory, the key to life itself, the key to the throne room of heaven where we access all the treasure of the lord our God.

The scriptures reference Jesus as the nail. He is our secure place. The key of Eliakim was an actual key that opened the doors of all the precious things, the silver and the gold, it also opened the house of armor and all the treasures. Our place of peace, our nail, our Jesus opens the doors of the treasures of heaven through the cross of Calvary. The silver and the gold of the throne room of heaven are the purified saints, cleansed in the furnace of the Lords making. Jesus opens the doors with the key of David to all the treasures of heaven, the treasures of love and joy and peace. He opens the doors to forgiveness and sanctification. He opens the doors of the armory and equips us with the truth, with the breastplate of righteousness, He gives us shoes to walk in the Gospel of peace, He gives each and every one of us a shield with which we quench the fiery darts of the wicked one. He covers our head with His salvation and He gives us a mighty sword, which by the Spirit is the word of God.

It is with these gifts that we shall stand apart from the world. He will once again cause us to become distinct. Those who refuse, those who look back to the world and long for the things of it, will, like Lots wife, turn to stone. When the rain of His presence is withheld, what is left brothers and sisters?It is only in His presence that we are alive.

There is nothing in this world that is worth more than our relationship with Him. How pale the things of the world are in comparison to an intimate fellowship with our heavenly Father?. He cries out to His people," Come away with me my Bride." Shall we take His hand and walk with Him? In order to do this you must lay down that which you have gathered up.

You may have a handful of stuff, throw it down right now and grab a hold of His hand. Let Him lead you where He will, for what does it matter as long as we hold His hand, we might not know where He is taking us, but we know we are safe when we walk hand in hand with Him. This comfort, this trust, this sure knowledge is our sure place, is our nail on which we can hang all that we have, this is our place of peace and it is without price.

Two thousand years ago, three nails bore the weight and the burden of the whole world. Jesus had become the weight and the burden of the world. And the place of peace is Calvary. As we lift up our eyes to Jesus, then just as in the desert, we are healed. For He bore our burdens and now He promises us peace in the midst of the storm.

Those who seek rest for their weary souls will find it by hanging all their cares upon the nail, for it is well able to bear the weight of anything that is hung upon it. This nail is tried and tested, there is nothing to heavy to hang upon it, for this nail is Jesus Christ.

http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com

2008/3/6 14:24
HeartSong

Re: Revival is at the Door, Can you see the cloud?

Quote:

You may have a handful of stuff, throw it down right now and grab a hold of His hand. Let Him lead you where He will, for what does it matter as long as we hold His hand, we might not know where He is taking us, but we know we are safe when we walk hand in hand with Him. This comfort, this trust, this sure knowledge is our sure place, is our nail on which we can hang all that we have, this is our place of peace and it is without price.

2008/3/6 18:52Profile

Re:

Time to let go of evrything and grab on to Him alone.........Frank

2008/3/7 11:20

Re:

Quote:

appolus wrote:
Time to let go of evrything and grab on to Him alone.........Frank

Amen Frank

That was a great word.

But I'm a little puzzled that you see a connection with revival in it?

in Him

Jeannette

2008/3/10 7:07

Re:

Hi Jeanette

This post is definately about revival. This shutting up of the rain that God causes is symbolic of the Lord withdrawing His presence. This would be typified by Elijah. Ezra is a good example because the people that he sees is a people who have just come out of bondage and are looking very worldy. The Israelites were in bondage to the Babylonians, Babylon very much represented "the world," much like Egypt did.

I would say that the Church, for at least two generations, has been in bondage to the world, taken captive by the world. Now there have been moments in our bondage, revival in our bondage.........

Ezra 9:8 "And now for a little while grace has been shown from the Lord our God, to leave a remnant to escape, to give us a peg (nail) in His holy place that our God may enlighten our eyes and give us a measure of revival in our bondage."

Now I believe that the Lord is ready to take us out of Babylon. I believe that it will be a painful extraction, for we have become so worldy, yet for His own purposes He will bring us out and clean us up. Now the cleaning up may be painful(could be recession on a national scale for instance) and on the personal level. I believe that the reason that He is just about to do it is because He so loves the world. The world is in such a state of lostness, and for better of for worse, we, His people , are the vehicles that He uses to reach them, therefore we muct be effective. We have ceased to be effective, almost entirely across the board when it comes to touching the lost, the unchurched. So, the drought which has existed for quite a long time now, is ready to be over. The rain represents the Lords blessing of His presence and brings life with it to those who hunger thirst............Frank

2008/3/10 11:27
destinysweet

Re:

Greetings Frank..I was pondering revival and your comments on your blog about desiring to see the thousands coming to Him..Amen!and I remembered the lifestyle that the Holy Spirit set up after the Pentacost..one in which the new believers could be nutured with an entirely new selfless outlook from the get go..actually being able to leave behind all that they had become entangled with..one that I believe got lost in the shuffle..due to persecution perhaps but I suspect that much of the anointing left with the loss of this heavenly system..I am not a historian so others may know better..but I have felt such a burden on my heart for us all in regards to this,for all the days of my walk with Jesus..some 30 yrs now..He impressed it upon my heart in the beginning.I was always inspired by the way Keith Green sought to establish this in his life and how the Shaeffers came close with L'Abri(sp?)And I ask would we let go of all the things we are so comfortable with in order to reap the last days harvest? I personally have been tested in this all my life and to me it is easy to disengage..I have other things that I have trouble at times letting go of ...so don't think I am boasting..I just recognize the difficulty some would have giving up their private hard earned kingdoms and do pray that if God decided to restore that which was lost to the body of Christ in the having all things in common..that they would recognize it was time to disengage and obey the leading Of God..would God's people reject this or embrace it? I've met quite a few folks over the yrs that felt led by God to go buy large plots of land to 'prepare for the day when He would send to the land His saints'..this theme has shown up again and again in my travels.

I am reminded of one harvest season (in the natural) when I had planted enough for my family and all the neighbors as well, hoping to be able to have such a increase that I could share with others who had need...So as I went about this very large garden..oohing and awwing over the beautiful produce,wondering who was going to help me harvest..could I manage ti all by myself..my husband didn't really have the time..I heard the Spirit say "What are you going to do with the harvest?" and I suddenly felt the atmosphere thicken,becoming weighty with His Presence and I saw fields white with harvest an knew that He was refering to a much different harvest.."You will not have to harvest it alone..there will be those to help you when the time comes "! Yes! I knew He was not speaking of the vegetables and fruits..but all the souls my heart desired to help enter the kingdom of my God.

Hardly anyone of the folks I invited to come harvest my natural garden came to even walk in it..nor did any but the very most needy single mother's who were struggling to feed their children come to harvest the fresh food..I happily took produce to the doors of all I knew and those I didn't to share the bounty, realizing that they had much busier lives than I did..their priorities were different,and so nothing was wasted..but yrs later the Lord would say to me again as I was traveling about bringing His word to the lost sheep who'd been wounded in the church and those who'd never known Him.."What are you going to do with the harvest?" And I would ask Him back..'I don't know Lord what are You going to provide for us to do with the great harvest of souls I believe are ripe for the picking? I don't even know what to do with the ones you give me now..what will we do then?' How many souls had I sown seed and/or watered,weeded or led into recieving Christ Jesus confessing their sins and me not being from the area did not know the local churches..I had found them in the trenches or the streets/market or gatherings..I had no place to send them that I could knowingly vouch for that would not destroy their budding faith with controlling legalism or libertine off the wallisms..I could only entrust them to God staying with them as long as God allowed, to strengthen them as I poured the Word into them the best I knew..God's grace is sufficient..they are His..He is able to save to the uttermost!He often brings all these faces to me while we pray together and we rejoice together for their growing faith..in faith!

Yet still this subject of the lost lifestyle of the first century church has always been one I have discussed with Him in our communion. Just thought I'd get that out there see what has been impressed upon your hearts concerning this.

I have been thinking about the laying down of what we are holding..and I was impressed to consider the things I had laid down for Him to purify and scrutinize for me over the last few yrs..knowing how important this is..even to our most precious experiences..letting these go so as not to wear them as badges..and in doing so..this laying down is not always so easy to do..giving back to Him our gifts and talents to purify our hearts in regards to the sharing of these things for a more perfect communication.I believe He has been handing them back to me saying "Lay it all down in writing now ,if you will do this now I am pleased to release these." And so I am asking for prayer in this..that I would know the difference between what I have successsfully lain down or not fully and that He has truely searched and found worthy and edifying..good medicine for others to read..thanks

2008/3/11 1:45Profile

Re:

I believe that those who gather in the last days harvest, will be of a single accord. The unchurced world has never been so untouced as it is now in the West. Unity of Spirit and truth and purpose will be the mark of those that the Lord of the Harvest will use...........Frank

2008/3/11 15:13

Re: Revival is at the Door, Can you see the cloud?

Brother Frank,

I haven't been able to read your whole thread, but the title brought this hymn to mind, and since the conference being planned in Greenock I sense a real intention of the Spirit to move in a real way. It is interesting that Duncan Campbell came from Argyll. My grandfather inherited some of those who had been converted under his ministry before he went to Lewis. It may be that there is a heritage of the Lord in the west of Scotland just waiting to be kindled again, in a way that other parts of the UK, lack.

This is by Charles Wesley. Tune: St George's (Windsor)

See how great a flame aspires,
Kindled by a spark of grace!
Jesus’ love the nations fires,
Sets the kingdoms on a blaze:
To bring fire on earth He came;
Kindled in some hearts it is:
O that all might catch the flame,
All partake the glorious bliss!

When He first the work begun,
Small and feeble was His day:
Now the word doth swiftly run;
Now it wins its widening way:
More and more it spread and grows,
Ever mighty to prevail;
Sin’s strongholds it now o’erthrows,
Shakes the trembling gates of hell.

Sons of God, your Savior praise!
He the door hath opened wide!
He hath given the word of grace,
Jesus’ word is glorified;
Jesus, mighty to redeem,
He alone the work hath wrought;
Worthy is the work of Him,
Him Who spake a world from naught.

[b]Saw ye not the cloud arise,
Little as a human hand?
Now it spreads along the skies,
Hangs o’er all the thirsty land:
Lo! the promise of a shower
Drops already from above;
But the Lord will shortly pour
All the spirit of His love.[/b]

[url=http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh694.sht]http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh694.sht[/url]

[url=http://www.oremus.org/hymnal/s/s264c.html]http://www.oremus.org/hymnal/s/s264c.html[/url]

2008/3/11 23:49

Re:

Awesome Dorcas. I love the Wesley brothers anyway and this hymn goes to the heart of it.

Let me tell you what is neat about all of this revival conference that is taking place in Greenock , Scotland. It is totaly a work of the Holy Spirit. I am so excited in my spirit because I "know," that it is of the Lord. It was in the middle of January that I was there, in Greenock, my home town. I had went home to deal with a very sick sister, put her in a mental hospital. Going home this time was one of the lowest points in my Christian walk.

I experienced rejection from my closest family members, including my dad. I was in a bed and breakfast that looked out over the whole valley, and it was gale force winds and rain, probably about 70 miles an hour, night after night. And night after night I would cry out to God that He would touch my land, that He would fill up the valley with His presence. I reminded the Lord of how myself and a small group of Christians ascended all the high points of the hills ten years previous, week after week and cry out to God to touch a land that seemed forsaken.

I was in the midst of a spiritual battle and I knew it and I hung on to the Lord :) Well, I felt led in my spirit to seek out men of God of influence on this trip. I met a couple of guys who had started a group called the "Inverclyde Intiative." A group of about 23 small churches woking together for the Lord. I really connected in the spirit with this one particular man. When I got back to the States, I got on sermonindex to check out a couple of posts of mine,and I saw that they were thinking about doing a conference in England , but it was not going to work out.

I contacted Greg and suggested that he have the conference in Greenock , in Scotland and gave him the name and number of this man that I had connected with. I called that guy and told him about the conference and that Greg may contact him. Well the rest is history and obvioulsy now they are going to have the conference there. So you see, this is a total work of the Spirit. He has set it up from the beginning, it is all His doing. As I am sure we all know, the Lord does not do things for nothing :)If you check out this link ......http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/scotland-is-on-firea-vision you will read about a vision this awesome woman of the Lord had about Scotland. It touched her so much that her and her husband moved there to minister !
God is going to move guys...........Frank

2008/3/12 0:30
psalm1

Re:

The apostles forsook everything but revival came through the Holy Spirit.

I am no revival history expert but from what i have learned revival usually comes through one man,and it is most always a move of the Holy Spirit.
When Jesus was born wise men came to worship him
Herod also wanted the annointing,but for a different reason......to kill it.

Wherever you find the anointing you also find Herod.
The unprecedented recent moves of God through his mighty Holy Spirit have barely raised even a grunt from most modern believers.

Just as it was in Jesus and the apostles time the presence and move of God is only recognised by a few.

in the Brownsville revival I saw multitudes offended by the Holy Spirit.

This is one mark of revival .....That the Holy Spirit offends.

I was greatly offended by the "laughing revival"
.........Until i attended a meeting.
Wow was I wrong!!! The power of God was there!!

My point is .....If you are offended by certain moves of God,you are not alone,just look deeper and see for yourself.

Your discernment and trusting teachers to tell you what is of God and whats not will make you miss other revivals.

David

2008/3/12 12:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy