SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Okay buddy! No more putting my instant message conversations on here. I'm going to have to start like copy righting stuff or something.

Ok shes using the "buddy" word watch out! :-P Thanks for painting the contexts for the quotes, I just wanted to make a point that you have many good things to say and encourage the body of Christ with! I thank God for you. And btw everything that is typed into SI is copyrighted SermonIndex 2004 ;) hehe jks.

2004/10/5 13:58Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Great Quotes II

God is our true Friend, who always gives us the counsel and comfort we need. Our danger lies in resisting Him; so it is essential that we acquire the habit of hearkening to His voice, or keeping silence within, and listening so as to lose nothing of what He says to us. We know well enough how to keep outward silence, and to hush our spoken words, but we know little of interior silence. It consists in hushing our idle, restless, wandering imagination, in quieting the promptings of our worldly minds, and in suppressing the crowd of unprofitable thoughts which excite and disturb the soul.
... François Fénelon (1651-1715)

http://www.cqod.com/

2004/10/6 7:02Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Great Quotes II

"It is wonderful what God can do with a broken heart, if He gets all the pieces."
–Samuel Chadwick

There's no life or victory outside the Person of Jesus Christ. Before God is able to fill us with His Spirit, we must be emptied of "self". I think we must come to the point where we can only "boast" in our weakness, impossibilities and shortcomings...

"The greatest ability is dependability"
- Bob Jones sr.

2004/10/6 7:26Profile
moreofHim

Re: quote

"Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength-- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of it's sorrow, it empties today of it's strength."
-Corrie Ten Boom

2004/10/6 9:50Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

We will never receive if we ask with an end in view; if we ask, not out of our poverty but out of our lust. A pauper does not ask from any other reason than the abject panging condition of his poverty, he is not ashamed to beg. - Blessed are the paupers in spirit.
-Oswald Chambers

2004/10/11 19:02Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Today, we are living in desperate times. Yet, the Church is not desperate before God in prayer."
-Chuck Smith

2004/10/12 22:48Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Quotes

"To be effective the preacher’s message must be alive; it must alarm, arouse, challenge; it must be God’ s present voice to a particular people"
- A.W. Tozer

2004/10/18 7:53Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Great Quotes II

"Whatever He says to you, do it."

~Mary

2004/10/18 9:38Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Quote:
"Whatever He says to you, do it." - Mary

Excellent, Mike. We could close this thread down with that one...

"I told God something the other day that I'd like to pass on to you."

I said, "God I know where I belong. I know I belong in hell. I know, I know I belong in hell...but God, I want to tell you something..."

"If I go to hell, You'll have one lamb in hell. If I go to hell, You'll have one man there singing Your praises. If I go to hell, You'll have one man that won't keep his mouth shut. Gonna run all around that dark place tellin' how good God is and how wonderful is the blood of the Lamb."

A.W. Tozer

2004/10/18 10:07Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

I really like the featured quote on the site and in this week's newsletter:

[i]"Revival cannot be organized, but we can set our sails to catch the wind from heaven when God chooses to blow upon His people once again."[/i] - G. Campbell Morgan

I like this quote due to the emphasis on God's will. Something that I think is REALLY key in the Christian walk is getting [i]God's[/i] will done, not ours.

[i]"The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? But I know! I the LORD, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve."[/i] - Jeremiah 17:9-10

And as it was written by Oswald Chambers in today's "My Utmost for His Highest" devotional entry concerning "The Key to Missionary Devotion" - [i]"Our Lord has told us how love to Him is to manifest itself. 'Lovest thou Me?' 'Feed My sheep' - identify yourself with My interests in other people, not, identify [b]Me[/b] with [b]your[/b] interersts in other people."[/i]

2004/10/18 12:41Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy