SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Old man and Flesh...Different?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re:

this bears repeating,

The testimony of the old indian that got saved.
They came to check on him and he said"it is as if two dogs are fighting inside me.
A good dog and a bad dog"

They asked him " which one is winning?"

He replied "which ever one I feed the most"

When you are born again it is your spirit that is born again.
Your mind and body are lagging behind.

All the sinful strongholds one develops over a lifetime are dealt a fatal blow.

But now a dilemma comes,I can resurrect these at will.

This is where Paul says I pick up my cross daily.

To willfully put down every rebellion inside me.

The Holy Spirit will reveal even more things that need to die over the life of the christian.

The further you go the deeper the cutting.

Other christians and the Holy Spirit can see your faults.

Just the fact we are offended reveals P.R.I.D.E.
most all the bad stems from pride.

Being born again is not like God spinning a perpetual top that spins forever.

He restores us beyond Adam but that same freewill exists in us just like Adam.

We are to be overcomers. This is not automatic.

I must be refilled everyday.I have a part to play in my walk.
It is like a garden that is full of weeds or flourishing. The choice is mine.

He wants us to see that to be negligent is death. You cannot consecrate yourself to God and back off. You will die.(the last state being worse than the first)

David

2008/3/5 9:34Profile

Re:

I so love this from Paul,

Philippians 3:8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12Not as though I had already attained, either were already [u][i][b]Perfect[/b][/i][/u]: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as be [u][i][b]Perfect[/b][/i][/u], be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Our faith works through LOVE....HIS LOVE,

The LOVE of GOD is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.....Romans 5
Romans 5
1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

So now we are In Christ, and He is in us, being made ONE in Him, being conformed to His image through the fellowship of His Sufferings, pressing on for the hope of our High Calling In Christ...OVERCOMERS, more then Conquers, knowing Nothing can separate us from the Love of God in Christ Jesus.

John 17:23
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made [u][i][b]Perfect[/b][/i][/u] in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

2 Corinthians 13:11
Finally, brethren, farewell. Be [u][i][b]Perfect[/b][/i][/u], be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

1 John 2:5
[u][i][b]But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God Perfect: hereby know we that we are in him.[/b][/i][/u]

1 John 4:12
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, [u][i][b]and his love is Perfected in us.[/b][/i][/u]

1 John 4:17
[u][i][b]Herein is our love made Perfect[/b][/i][/u], that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but [u][i][b]Perfect[/b][/i][/u] love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made [u][i][b]Perfect in love[/b][/i][/u].

I love Jude 21:

[b]21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. [/b]

Katy

2008/3/5 10:31

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy